E3 2017

yell0wf0x

So. E3 is just around the corner. We got a week to go before the event. So I thought we start up a discussion thread here. Talk about anything and everything e3! Are ye going? It's the first e3 that's open to public! Are you looking forward to anything? Microsoft scorpio? Nintendo switch titles? Playstation exclusives? Ye name it. 

Pre and post E3 discussions welcome! 

So with that said, what am I looking forwarder.. here is a list of things I wanna see.

New trailer for the last of us part 2. I'm so hyped for this. Hands down one of the best game from when it came out. 

Pokémon for switch. And no, not pokken tournament. Tho I wouldn't mind that at all.

Assassin's creed origins announcement. It's finally here! I need a date. (special mention to Southpark the fractured but whole. We pretty much already know what it's gonna be and already has a release date so I'm just waiting for it to come out at this point)

God of War release date. We need it so bad.

The evil within 2. I want Bethesda to announce this finally!

News on FF7 Remake. This is a long shot but I would live to hear some progress. I don't want this to be another ffxv.

Resident evil 2 HD remake. This needs to happen.

And what I don't want to see at e3, death stranding. Just stop showing off Kojima and just work on the damn game. Lol.

I also doubt there would be a red dead 2 trailer here. So I'm not expecting anything from Rockstar. 

Yeah, definitely on the lookout for Final Fantasy too, F0x. And hopefully more Kingdom Hearts 3. For the most part I'm just hoping for more info on things we already know is coming. I don't expect shit from Nintendo's Direct so I just wanna know more about Mario mainly because I'm worried it'll be a bit empty. I want to see exactly what these worlds he's going to will be like.

I'm mainly focused on Sonic Forces. That's absolutely what I wanna see more of.
So I guess for me I'm just looking out for Sega, Nintendo, and Enix news. I think this year's gonna be rad.

Predictions:

Nintendo:

• Ever Oasis trailer
  • Pokemon Stars announcement
  • Metroid Prime 4 announcement
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 extended gameplay footage
  • Super Mario Odyssey gameplay footage
  • Splatoon 2 trailer

Sony:

• Ape Escape 4 announcement
  • New Spiderman game trailer
  • Days Gone footage
  • Death Stranding gameplay footage

Microsoft:

• Halo Anniversary PC announcement

Square Enix:

• Final Fantasy Type-0 II announcement
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 Online localization
  • Final Fantasy XV PC announcement
  • Lost Sphear trailer and gameplay footage

Bandai Namco:

• Code Vein gameplay footage and platform announcements 
  • Tales of Switch announcement
  • God Eater 3 trailer
  • Ni No Kuni II gameplay footage

Capcom:

• Resident Evil 2 Remake trailer and release date
  • Monster Hunter Stories trailer
  • Monster Hunter XX Switch trailer
  • Dragon's Dogma Online localization

NIS America:

• Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain localization
  • The Princess is Money Hungry localization
  • Criminal Girls 2 PC announcement

Atlus:

• Mystery fantasy RPG reveal and trailer
  • Etrian Odyssey V localization
  • 13 Sentinels: Aeigis Rim trailer and release date announcement
  • Shin Megami Tensei V trailer

SEGA:

• Shenmue I+II HD announcement
  • Sonic Forces trailer and gameplay footage

Koei Tecmo:

• Blue Reflection localization
  • Musou Stars gameplay footage

5 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Predictions:

Nintendo:

• Ever Oasis trailer
  • Pokemon Stars announcement
  • Metroid Prime 4 announcement
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 extended gameplay footage
  • Super Mario Odyssey gameplay footage
  • Splatoon 2 trailer

Sony:

• Ape Escape 4 announcement
  • New Spiderman game trailer
  • Days Gone footage
  • Death Stranding gameplay footage

Microsoft:

• Halo Anniversary PC announcement

Square Enix:

• Final Fantasy Type-0 II announcement
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 Online localization
  • Final Fantasy XV PC announcement
  • Lost Sphear trailer and gameplay footage

Bandai Namco:

• Code Vein gameplay footage and platform announcements 
  • Tales of Switch announcement
  • God Eater 3 trailer
  • Ni No Kuni II gameplay footage

Capcom:

• Resident Evil 2 Remake trailer and release date
  • Monster Hunter Stories trailer
  • Monster Hunter XX Switch trailer
  • Dragon's Dogma Online localization

NIS America:

• Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain localization
  • The Princess is Money Hungry localization
  • Criminal Girls 2 PC announcement

Atlus:

• Mystery fantasy RPG reveal and trailer
  • Shin Megami Tensei V trailer

SEGA:

• Shenmue I+II HD announcement
  • Sonic Forces trailer and gameplay footage

Koei Tecmo:

• Blue Reflection localization
  • Musou Stars gameplay footage

A new metroid? Nah. Lol. At this point, it'd be a huge surprise if they announce something metroid related. But so far, I think Nintendo is keeping things to Mario oddessy which is a bummer considering its a huge chance to showcase more switch games. Especially Pokémon and fire emblem. 

For sony's lineup, I doubt they wouldn't show death stranding. But personally, I think it's the time to keep silent about that.

Not expecting much from Microsoft tbh. After they canceled scale bound, I don't have any games I'm looking at on their platform. I wonder how scorpio will be tho. 

Just out of the park, I would be really satisfied if they square Enix announced a final Fantasy tactics 2. I've been wanting one for ages now. I'd cry like I did when ff7 remake was announced. Lol.

I definitely forgot about some of the games ye listed here too. Definitely would want to see those announced. I'm also curious about platinum's new IP. 

I'm looking forward to/wanna see:

-Far Cry 5 gameplay

-Assassin's Creed gameplay (maybe it can coax me back to being hyped for the series)

-Spiderman PS4

-South Park Fractured But Whole

-Kingdom Hearts 3

Trying to think of other things but those are my realistic expecations

My dream ones are:

-Red Dead Redemption Remastered for PS4

-Fallout 3 in the Fallout 4 engine

-

• Like 1

Oh dear, the hype. I have but one thing to say.

*Adopts thick Glaswegian accent*

Modern games are shite!

*ahem*

Having said that if they're genuinely bringing out a new Ape Escape there may be some hope left for the modern console industry.

I just want P5 for the vita. I also heard that there's going to be a lot of spinoffs for P5.

So far, Bethesda's working on a few things. EA's trying it's hands at an "Open World" star wars game that's not battle front, some additional games for the switch as well as another Smash bros.

Pokken DX annd Ultra Sun/Moon. 

I'd kill if they did another Chrono series. 

Waiting to see more gameplay of Stormblood for FFXIV and to see what updates they've done since the older release that had an information embargo on it. I know they're supposed to have a Primal Battle there.

I've mained Bard since I started, but I have been thinking about giving Red Mage a try as a secondary (though I already heal as secondary). Bard has changed the most and it will change again. I do finally like the fact I'll have a more support class than before...but ugh the playstyle keeps changing lol

Also: Adorbs

I'm kind of subdued on everything else for now not because I am not curious to see new games, but the hype train keeps derailing and disappointing me on things I was interested in so stepping back may be wise now.

On 6/7/2017 at 4:09 AM, Battlechili said:

What's wrong with Tactics Advance and Tactics A2?

As much as they are nice spin offs and all, it's not on the same scale as the original tactics. I still play them repeatedly tho. And bangaa cannoneer is the most awesome class!  

But yeah, a proper tactics sequel on the same epic scale as the first tactics is long due by now. 

On 6/7/2017 at 7:28 PM, Imperial Impact said:

wew lad.

Well, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was close enough to Stars, right? I mean when Stars was rumored it was said to be another Alola game. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are still Alola.

And its been several years since we've heard from Retro Studios. Federation Force has story elements that some believe to be hints at a new Metroid.

On 6/4/2017 at 1:18 PM, Battlechili said:

Atlus:

Koei Tecmo:

• Blue Reflection localization announcement

It seems some are coming true a tad early.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/etrian-odyssey-v-beyond-myth-coming-americas-fall

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-coming-west

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/blue-reflection-coming-west-ps4-pc-september-26-north-america-september-29-europe

BloodStained's E3 trailer dropped and this game is fucking hideous right now. This isn't a 2017 release is it?

I don't really care for EA's games, but the response to their press conference is weird.

Just to cross post what I said elsewhere: Everyone's just shitting on them because they showed Madden and Fifa. And I'm like...that's their BnB? Like what are you shitting on them for? Because they showed, their biggest franchises with huge loyal followings? If Square Enix didn't show Final Fantasy, if Nintendo didn't show Mario, if Besthesda didn't show FallOut or TES it'd be the end of days. But EA being consistent with their franchises is...a problem.
These nerds and their potent hatred for "SPWORTS" because they were always picked last in kickball think there's no place for sports games and shame the people who enjoy them because they're not some JRPG or platformer.

Most people who watched it weren't interested in EA games in the first place so what did they do? Watch them some EA GAMES. LMAO

On 2017-06-09 at 3:23 PM, Battlechili said:

Well, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was close enough to Stars, right? I mean when Stars was rumored it was said to be another Alola game. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are still Alola.

And its been several years since we've heard from Retro Studios. Federation Force has story elements that some believe to be hints at a new Metroid.

No and I think no one wants FF2

On 6/9/2017 at 3:23 PM, Battlechili said:

Federation Force has story elements that some believe to be hints at a new Metroid.

I think it's odd that they suddenly want to focus on Sylux of all characters. It's not really an issue, but I wonder how they'd make that dynamic interesting. I dunno, I'm not a fucking writer, they'd figure it out. lol

On 6/10/2017 at 3:23 AM, Battlechili said:

People were dissapointed because they put a lot of expectations into a mainline pokemon game for switch. I personally am excited for UsUm. 

Also, iirc, Retro Studos did confirm that were not working on a new metroid game. So I'd be really surprised if they got anything metroid to show this E3

9 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I don't really care for EA's games, but the response to their press conference is weird.

Just to cross post what I said elsewhere: Everyone's just shitting on them because they showed Madden and Fifa. And I'm like...that's their BnB? Like what are you shitting on them for? Because they showed, their biggest franchises with huge loyal followings? If Square Enix didn't show Final Fantasy, if Nintendo didn't show Mario, if Besthesda didn't show FallOut or TES it'd be the end of days. But EA being consistent with their franchises is...a problem.
These nerds and their potent hatred for "SPWORTS" because they were always picked last in kickball think there's no place for sports games and shame the people who enjoy them because they're not some JRPG or platformer.

Most people who watched it weren't interested in EA games in the first place so what did they do? Watch them some EA GAMES. LMAO

I think there is one game that stood out to me in the EA presser. It's A Way Out. 

So Far, it looks really interesting. A story driven co-op game. and it features local Co-Op which ye don't see very often these days. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

I think there is one game that stood out to me in the EA presser. It's A Way Out. 

So Far, it looks really interesting. A story driven co-op game. and it features local Co-Op which ye don't see very often these days. 

Yeah, that game looks nice as fuck. I'll have to pick that up. Super interesting concept and perfect for co-op.

That KH trailer shows HUGE amounts of improvement over BBS and DDD by the looks of it. I was a bit worried since the same team that's working on KHIII is the one that did BBS and DDD, and that the team that did I and II were just doing some minor work to help out (due to having been primarily working on FFXV back when it wasn't out yet).  It seems such worries were unnecessary; Sora's attacks carry weight to them, with enemies reacting to every attack he makes.  I'm excited. Fighting enemies in BBS as Ventus and Aqua wasn't very fun imo, but this looks like it'll be just as good as KHII but with all of the mobility benefits that DDD had (flowmotion, for example).

I wish they'd change the character portraits though. I don't like those CG faces by the health bar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Battlechili said:

That KH trailer shows HUGE amounts of improvement over BBS and DDD by the looks of it. I was a bit worried since the same team that's working on KHIII is the one that did BBS and DDD, and that the team that did I and II were just doing some minor work to help out (due to having been primarily working on FFXV back when it wasn't out yet).  It seems such worries were unnecessary; Sora's attacks carry weight to them, with enemies reacting to every attack he makes.  I'm excited. Fighting enemies in BBS as Ventus and Aqua wasn't very fun imo, but this looks like it'll be just as good as KHII but with all of the mobility benefits that DDD had (flowmotion, for example).

I wish they'd change the character portraits though. I don't like those CG faces by the health bar. 

Possible the portraits are placeholders.
I'm honestly extremely glad that magic got buffed and is no long shit to use. One of the biggest issues I always had with KH was it's clumsy feeling combat was to me and how nothing ever felt smooth compared to most any other action game I've played. But having played Aqua's story in that collection recently (basically a KH3 demo), magic's change is so fluid and makes it way more fun to use. Huge huge improvement to combat.
And with flowmotion coming back? It's about to be the best one yet.

Bethesda was bad:

No new ip

Milking the fuck out of Skyrim and Fallout

Paid mods

Shitty looking VR

This didnt have to be a stage show since it was a prerecorded (and lame) presentation. It could have been like Nintendo Direct

Wolfenstein 2 looks good but again, another shooter and sequel from Bethesda

Extinction looked pretty interesting. I'm still on the "meh" side of E3 tbh, maybe because so many times something gets hyped and you get slapped in the face. I am interested in seeing Sony and then SE (specially since Stormblood is out this Friday)

I need mah theme (it's supposed to be available tomorrow) Otter!

4 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Code Vein looks pretty cool but I'm worried it'll play too much like Dark Souls. Souls games tend to be too slow for my tastes and it looks like as many people are putting it "anime Dark Souls".

Yeah, that's exactly why I had second thoughts. I don't care for Dark Souls and it's gameplay style. And Vein looks exactly like it.