What happened to this thread?

The staff didn't like being called out on their bullshit and an attempt to improve the overall feel of the forum, so they hid it to save face and leave things exactly the way they are. Pity, I made a pretty good fuckin' point (albeit a short one) in that thread.  

By the way, I'm gay. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The staff didn't like being called out on their bullshit and an attempt to improve the overall feel of the forum, so they hid it to save face and leave things exactly the way they are. Pity, I make a pretty good fuckin' point (albeit a short one) in that thread.  

By the way, I'm gay. 

wweweweeeee.PNG.36b9d64d58941042af65b8c937ba47de.PNG

We sure did.

Also what's with everyone wanting to be Great Value Zara lately.
All of you are bad at it. Stop doing it.

• Like 12

<mod post>
It's already against the rules to shitpost in the Site Discussion section. So unless you have something valuable to contribute, this isn't the place for it.
</mod post>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

That was not a shitpost, Vae, don't be a dick. I'm genuinely curious why the thread got taken down myself. 

My opinion on the hidden post is unchanged, and repetition of trying to edgelord all over the thread will result in infrac.

4 minutes ago, Vae said:

My opinion on the hidden post is unchanged, and repetition of trying to edgelord all over the thread will result in infrac.

So you'd rather threaten members with infractions than give a logical explanation as to why a thread that could've helped this forum was taken down?

NIce one... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Fox said:

So you'd rather threaten members with infractions than give a logical explanation as to why a thread that could've helped this forum was taken down?

NIce one... 

I posted direct proof that the OP hid the thread and he claimed as much himself.

This is your last warning about derailing and shitposting.
Learn. To. Read.

• Like 4

Just now, Vae said:

I posted direct proof that the OP hid the thread and he claimed as much himself.

I get that the thread was hidden, but why? It actually seemed like the community was making some progress in regards to the issue(s) highlighted on it, and as Sidewalk pointed out there were some meaningful posts.    

Just now, Mr. Fox said:

I get that the thread was hidden, but why? It actually seemed like the community was making some progress in regards to the issue(s) highlighted on it, and as Sidewalk pointed out there were some meaningful posts.    

That's not a question to ask me or any other member of staff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Data said:

I'll answer the topic. but you people probably aren't going to like my reasoning. 

I think we'd all like to know why, actually. I don't really see the point in hiding something that could add value to the forum. 

• Like 1

I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this because it is selfish. but, I unfollowed the thread multiple times trying to ignore it, and my setting kept making me follow again. there were many points where I wanted to look the other way and let it just happen, but I was quoted a few times, replied. and, re-followed again because of my reply. I asked multiple times for people to stop naming scape goats, and stop being assholes in general because it was turning into the First thread I created a year ago again, On this thread I ultimately got furious and started calling people out myself. which I asked for other people to stop multiple times. I didn't find it worth the drama anymore. I come here to relax and talk with people, but all I was seeing was the same argument, every time. We got somewhere, but it was stopped when certain users kept reigniting the arguments again. and it turned into "he did this" and "she does that" and "fire the mods" and escalated from there. I got tired of watching Vae get dragged in repetitively to be told she was a piece of shit. lemon said it best about whats going on in the thread. why are they expected to be professional and nice when they are being treated like shit? I felt my thread was causing more drama than it was causing good.. And it was taking a toll. After being blamed for chasing off users on the thread. I left for a few days.then came back and cussed out the user who blamed me, for something that really wasn't worth it. and felt like shit for doing so. The thread ultimately made me feel guilt that I don't want to deal with. I figured if all my thread is causing is fighting, and as others pointed out, chasing off users, why should I keep it up? It lost track of itself multiple times in my opinion, and it just became an eyesore. I liked when it was working, I hated that is was causing so much animosity. It was my choice and maybe it wasn't right, but I don't want that feeling in my life right now. If someone else wants to make a thread, I'm more than sure they are welcome to, But I'm not doing it again. particularly when I now know that two users, will keep turning it into a mess no matter what gets said or who says it.

• Like 5

I think you're taking the thread and the forum a little too seriously, dude. You can always just walk away if it bugged you so much. You might have been tagged and responded to, but no one was really forcing you to come back. Hiding it was only really gonna invoke some sort of Streisand effect. I mean, it was your choice, but If you were worried about what it was doing to the community, hiding it was the worst route you could have taken. Mr. Fox's predictably impulsive and equally stupid as fuck responses here are a good example of what sort of bickering that'd cause. 

Besides, the behaviors that went on isn't really anyone's fault but each individual posters. You're not responsible for whatever dumb shit was said and sparked. Not sure what there is to feel guilty about.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Data said:

I asked multiple times for people to stop naming scape goats, and stop being assholes in general because it was turning into the First thread I created a year ago again, On this thread I ultimately got furious and started calling people out myself. which I asked for other people to stop multiple times. 

That's nothing to feel ashamed of. If you don't address the elephant in the room nothing improves. Really it's not your fault others lack the ability to act in a civil manner, you were just trying to help.

19 minutes ago, Data said:

lemon said it best about whats going on in the thread

Actually Lemon said it best when she made that thread about Red, and I still stand by that.

25 minutes ago, Data said:

why are they expected to be professional and nice when they are being treated like shit?

It doesn't matter whether you're staff here or somewhere else, being staff on any forum is often a thankless job, but you still have to hold yourself to a higher standard than the rest of the community.

Don't feel bad, mate, your intentions meant well. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Wow, way to steal my thunder, Sidewalk.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Data said:

I got rid of it.

That was a mistake, i'd explain why and "callout" the flaws in the mentality presented in the larger post you've made in this thread but evidently that's a bad idea. It is rather annoying that i no longer have the opportunity to counter some of the things that were said against me however, that was a rather severe mistake you made but that's irrelevant now. Little piece of advice, stop taking things personally. My statement about users leaving because of the thread wasn't about you or the thread itself, the thread was simply a catalyst.

6 hours ago, Vae said:

...No it's not worth it. ;3

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Data said:

why are they expected to be professional and nice when they are being treated like shit?

You have that the wrong way around. The negativity towards Vae only really started when they posted their "I don't give a fuck" and "not my fucking job" attitude in the thread.

I was willing to be fair until I read that. I do not have this problem with any other staff.

• Like 2

<mod post>
This is about why the thread was hidden, not about continuing the arguments that were cut off when OP removed the thread.
If you want to argue those points, this isn't the place to do it.
Keep on-topic.
</mod post>

1 hour ago, FlynnCoyote said:

You have that the wrong way around. The negativity towards Vae only really started when they posted their "I don't give a fuck" and "not my fucking job" attitude in the thread.

I was willing to be fair until I read that. I do not have this problem with any other staff.

Selective memory is common amongst people that give over to negative emotions.

Clarity is often hard to grasp through a fog of anger and people fail to understand that antagonization is sometimes necessary and can ultimately be fuelled by good intentions.

The thread can be considered a failure only because of that.

Ignore the shallow anger over the hostility, let's try to recap. What were the good ideas for the forum that came about in that thread?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QT Melon said:

Well, I had organized some thoughts/policy on that thread... but I am kinda miffed that it's now hidden, I actually spent time trying to be thoughtful and constructive.

If you have the desire and the time, post those thoughts here. People might actually listen to them this time around.

EDIT: Well the link's fucked for me. Community Mood Thread: Take Two in the Watercooler is the place to go.

50 minutes ago, [null] said:

If you have the desire and the time, post those thoughts here. People might actually listen to them this time around.

EDIT: Well the link's fucked for me. Community Mood Thread: Take Two in the Watercooler is the place to go.

Embedding doesn't work

2 hours ago, [null] said:

Embedding is borked atm. Any forum links are better off with the [ url ] [ / url ] tagging.

6 hours ago, [null] said:

Maybe a little later when I'm less tired. I mean I had taken the time to type it out last time only to see the thread go. It's like you built an awesome sandcastle and some guy running from his friends falls on it destroying it. You know that person didn't mean to, but it's defeating nonetheless.

• Like 2

The last thread did devolve into basically what amounted to the same handful of people arguing, and then responding to parties who continuously wanted out, dragging them back into the conflict. I know I got responded to or mentioned a handful of times after I was just done with the whole thing, and the circular arguments happening in it, despite telling people just to mention positive changes that they actually wanted that didn't amount to finger-pointing and rehashing the same bullshit 500 times.

If you want change, and you want improvement, I'd suggest releasing the ego and starting over in the format George presented. It keeps the whole thing centered more on new ideas than throwing shit back and forth out of anger.

• Like 5

On 06/06/2017 at 6:02 AM, [null] said:

That was a mistake, i'd explain why and "callout" the flaws in the mentality presented in the larger post you've made in this thread but evidently that's a bad idea. It is rather annoying that i no longer have the opportunity to counter some of the things that were said against me however, that was a rather severe mistake you made but that's irrelevant now. Little piece of advice, stop taking things personally. My statement about users leaving because of the thread wasn't about you or the thread itself, the thread was simply a catalyst.

I don't want to be rude here, but PMs exist.

Like, doesn't it occur to anyone to hash things out one-on-one? A public thread has its obvious utility but it can just as often be an opportunity to dogpile or shout someone down where a private conversation would be magnitudes more productive.

• Like 1