Got fucking fired

Nova

LMAO My dad called me at work and told me that I got a letter and that i got fired lol.

I don't remember that I missed a day at work.

But i think I know why.

I was sick on saturday and sunday.

I called on sunday to ask when I start to work again and a woman told me that I start on wednesday again.

There is a possibility that I needed to work this week on monday and tuesday. WHOOPS

Its not really my fault if that bitch told me the wrong things.

Welp time to search work again.

You should write down your hours and hang 'em up somewhere (that can be easily accessed, or even take a picture of the schedule on your phone). Also it would have been better to ask the manager working that day to confirm when you'll be in next. To be quite honest Nova, it's your responsibility to stay on top of stuff like this (not 'a women'), and the lack of care you're showing makes it seem like you didn't value the job you had. Can't have others holding your hand forever, plus good work ethnic early on will do wonders for you in the future.

It sucks this happened though. Good luck on your job search.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Moogle said:

You should write down your hours and hang 'em up somewhere (that can be easily accessed, or even take a picture of the schedule on your phone). Also it would have been better to ask the manager working that day to confirm when you'll be in next. To be quite honest Nova, it's your responsibility to stay on top of stuff like this (not 'a women'), and the lack of care you're showing makes it seem like you didn't value the job you had. Can't have others holding your hand forever, plus good work ethnic early on will do wonders for you in the future.

It sucks this happened though. Good luck on your job search.

The problem was that they  make the roster for each week on sunday and we workers need to call there to know on which days we work. They dont email the roster to us though.

Normally a manager of the boss would answer and tell me when I work.

But this Sunday it seemed to be a female waiter who answered my call and WELL.

But honestly I am happy now.

I got bullied there by some co-worker.

Who called me drug addict  or made fun of me for no reason and the  other co-workers didn't say a word

Sounds like there's more involved than just missing a few days of work by accident.

Maybe your company was planning to do layoffs anyway to cut the costs and decided to start from you.

Anyway, it is your call whether you want to call them back about this possible mixup or move on and find another job where you're hopefully not bullied

• Like 1

I know in min wage jobs they don't keep online or emails up for scheduling, usually your 100% best bet is to walk in and look at/write the schedule on off days if time permits and you happen to be in the area

Even if you don't want the job back I would explain the misunderstanding so they know you weren't intentionally irresponsible, so it won't be a bad mark on your record . (Maybe something along the lines of "hey sorry this happened, y was the reason, thank you very much for the opportunity have a good day), And keep this incident in mind for future reference, so you can find ways not to miss any workdays. I find if I accidentally miss any based on misunderstanding my bosses are chill enough to call me and say I should be in and I show up right away. So make sure they have your contact information handy.

Bullies also do happen so you should ignore them or politely talk to management about the issue to get them to shut up and be more professional at work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I know in min wage jobs they don't keep online or emails up for scheduling

They do have it online for my job, put what annoys me, is that instead of looking my schedule over and remembering it like I usually do, I have to check it everyday now, because they can and will change my schedule last minute without any notification about the chage at all. This is unbelievably ridiculous to me, and I can't see how this would even be allowed regularly.

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

They do have it online for my job, put what annoys me, is that instead of looking my schedule over and remembering it like I usually do, I have to check it everyday now, because they can and will change my schedule last minute without any notification about the chage at all. This is unbelievably ridiculous to me, and I can't see how this would even be allowed regularly.

Okay, well a lot of them then, not to generalize.

The good news about mine is they don't do it one schedule a week so the schedule is usually two weeks in advance, and it stays stable. If anything changes they usually end up talking to me about it first, since there's no way for me to know otherwise.

Having it up online is soooo convenient but at the same time if they keep changing it on you if you ever make a mistake one day they may end up saying "f*ck you its your fault for not checking" :/ kinda sucks. Maybe management can do a better job scheduling/hiring so that's not an issue

• Like 1