Rant:Sensitivity,beauty,Shaming

Nova

So this thread may be unsual from its containing but i am gonna write about my thoughts.

People start to get way to sensitive towards things imo.

I watched a sims 4 youtuber turn a ugly sim into a pretty sim and after that i scrolled into the comment section and was shocked.

People attacking the youtuber because she maked the sim thinn, pretty, no facial flaws and stuff. And also they come with quote"everyone is beautiful and  the insides only count bla bla it could affect little kids".

That what I just described also happens in RL to people. 

An example are comic characters and barbie, people call their body types unnatural even though they are pretty common. You know how a healthy person is supposed to look like.

Honestly everyone has their own definition of what is beauty and what is ugly.  

Shaming someone and attacking someone because they do something different or looks different is so disgusting.

Err, I will say that Barbie isn't that _natural_ of a figure.
Only a reallllly small portion of people naturally have that figure and remain healthy.

The issue with Barbie is that she's basically a Western role model for growing girls, including her looks. So it's causing a lot of issues with self-worth and self-image.

• Like 1

Uh, no.
Barbies (unless they've changed since I last checked) are unnaturally-figured.
And I don't mean in terms of "real women are chubby" stupid agenda-pushing bullshit, either. I mean even for skinny women. That's not how the waist works, unless you're tightlacing a corset or something.

Her head, in most instances, is bigger than her waist is.

I mean, I think people are stupid and oversensitive. But what you're saying is factually incorrect from like a basic understanding of anatomy.

• Like 1

Meh. I personally feel that the definition of what is considered "beautiful" should be broadened some since I do genuinely get sick of seeing samey looking people in media. idk, beauty is subjective and my own preferences run towards being a little unconventional. I do think people are whiney and overly sensitive tho.

• Like 2

People really need to be able to distinguish between when someone gives a real, living, feeling human being shit about being "ugly" and some schmo making a Sim look different for personal aesthetic reasons. Whether or not that choice is indicative of greater culture problems is its own question, but it should be perfectly clear to anyone with a functioning brain stem that shaming someone for something that trivial is incredibly counterproductive and petty and does nothing to address those issues whatsoever. But, again, Youtube comments are more often than not a cancerous mass anyway, so expecting thoughtfulness and tact is probably too much.

• Like 2

There's a big difference between appreciating "beauty" and shaming "ugliness". Like you said, everyone has their own idea about what's beautiful and what isn't. If people would just stop the negative judgments about appearance, whether those judgments are due to resentment or revulsion, the world would be a better place.

• Like 1

Oh Nova when will you ever learn that everyone types bullshit in the YouTube comments

Also, I'm in the "chubby people are beautiful, too" boat, but at the same time, skinny people kind of still exist, duh. I mean fatter people have suffered a lot from media stigma for years because the only models they would use are hourglass figures, and realistically not everyone is a true hourglass figure. SJW 'tards will bitch about anything that isn't presented as a disabled transgender fat black woman because they need representation and you're scum for making anything else that's too common

...however that doesn't mean the morbidly obese or somewhat obese are healthy, and even though they aren't ugly per se there is a risk for their health in the same way smokers are at risk, both have to put precise effort to not be or do that for increased longevity. I don't really judge those folk though they probably get flack for their smoking/habits weight and iDGAF what they do or look like as long as they're cool people

But people can still be a little chubby and still exercise and be healthy, it happens.