Super proud

U-235

So just a bit of news I'm super happy about. My boyfriend graduated basic training today and is now officially a sailor in the US Navy! Once I get his permission I'll see to posting a pic of him with buzz cut hair. I personally preferred it long, but I still think he's cute. I just wish I could've been there, but I did get to see a live stream of it at least.

• Like 7

Well congrats! Sounds like you and your people you care about have a lot of good stuff going for them

I too prefer longer hair, but part of military etiquette is the buzzcut so I understand it, I mean all jobs have their own subset of rules you dont have to follow when off duty

Anyways, that's really cool that he got in, I hope he stays safe and learns a lot out there when he's serving. I hope you dont miss him too terribly much while he's gone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

Awesome! Congratulations are in order. Will he have an assignment right away?

I don't think so. He's gotta go to Pensacola first for his schooling, which he just arrived at earlier today. So he's gotta do that for two years. After that I'm not sure, nor is he, but he will have 2-3 tours for 6-9 months each.

6 hours ago, Vallium said:

Anyways, that's really cool that he got in, I hope he stays safe and learns a lot out there when he's serving. I hope you dont miss him too terribly much while he's gone.

I will miss him a good bit, to be honest, but thankfully now a days skype, cell-phone calls, and things like that have become commonplace on ships at sea, so I'll still be able to communicate with him regularly.

Also I've not gotten the chance to talk to him yet, but once I do I'll get confirmation I can post a pic of him up here.

• Like 2