Jump to content
Rassah

In case anyone cares

Recommended Posts

Hey, in case anyone cares what's been going on with me lately:

Plane was taken in for an annual inspection last April, iron and aluminum found in the oil filter. That means the engine needs to be taken apart and rebuilt, so about $20,000 to get the plane fixed. Even 50/50 with my co-owner that's still an ouch. It won't be out of the shop until September.

Bitcoin is over $4,000 now. That investment continues to pay off. Sorry if you kept ignoring me when I've been telling you to buy it over the many years.

I quit and stepped away from my software developer management job. The company was doing things that I just didn't find ethical, so I stepped away, since I don't want that to rub off on me. I still hold a reputation of being completely trustworthy in my field, though I guess I'm not involved in it in any way anymore.

Despite that, my various investments and ventures are doing well. I think I increased my net worth by another million this past year. It doesn't feel real, honestly. They say your first is the hardest, and the rest come easy, which I found to be true, but I'm still living like I used to, being frugal as hell, eating fast food, etc, so it just feels like unreal numbers to me. On the other hand, thanks to that extra money, I'll finally be able to get my husband to retire in about a month. It sucked where I wasn't tied down by a job and thus could go anywhere I wanted to, but him having only three weeks of vacation meant having to leave him behind all the time.

My best friend was really depressed, like to the point of being suicidal, and nearly went over the edge after playing Night in the Woods, where the main character has a monologue about feeling like a loser all her life. My friend admitted feeling that too. I decided to save him, him being my best friend and the love of my life and all, and asked him if he would like me to teach him to be successful like me. He said yes, so I'm having him read some books and am teaching him about money and business. We decided to do real estate investing together, which I'm using as a teaching tool. And just from the first few things I taught him, he changed his world view so much he actually just up and quit his job (with a 6 week notice) deciding to go into real estate and business with me full time. He's a lot less depressed and more motivated now, especially after realizing that his job was the reason he was so stressed and depressed. Even stopped taking his antidepressants because he says he doesn't need them. It's a huge responsibility, which I'll gladly cary, but am worried about. But this is also what I had hoped to do for Red, teaching her to be successful and financially independent, who also approached me after hitting bottom and wanting to climb back up, so I'm happy.

I also want to see if I can repeat what I did before to get to where I'm at now, following the same things I did again from the beginning. So I'm trying to build wealth from nothing, just doing the real estate thing, not touching my money and just using credit cards and "working the system" in business. Basically to prove to myself that someone, if they work at it and do what needs to be done, can do it starting from scratch. I'm nearly maxing out my cards, taking on enormous risks, and busting my butt a lot, but it seems to be working.

We have a house we put a bid on already, hoping to get it for $160k, which after putting about $60k into for repairs, we should be able to sell for $250. After all expenses we should be able to make about $20k to $40k on that flip within about 4 months. Deals like this are hard to find though, so it takes a lot of looking.

All in all I'm happy. My husband is about to be free to stay home and travel with me, and my best friend of 20 years (who used to be my crush for the first 12 of them) is now my business partner who gets to work and travel with me too. And the work we do mainly involves helping other people out of crap situations, so this works with my ideal of being completely transparent and ethical in everything I do. Can't really ask for much more.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"Bitcoin is over $4,000 now. That investment continues to pay off. Sorry if you kept ignoring me when I've been telling you to buy it over the many years."

https://phoenix.corvidae.org/topic/2426-tim-hortons-and-bitcoin-megathread/

You know the thread exists.
You've posted in it.
Keep it there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear that everything is working out with you and it must be wonderful now being able to travel with your partner. Good luck with your best friend, I hope that also works out!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically what Rev said!

Hope you and your partner make some great memories and experience some awesome things, now that you have free time!
And best of luck with your friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rassah said:

Plane was taken in for an annual inspection last April, iron and aluminum found in the oil filter. That means the engine needs to be taken apart and rebuilt, so about $20,000 to get the plane fixed. Even 50/50 with my co-owner that's still an ouch. It won't be out of the shop until September.

 

2 hours ago, Rassah said:

but I'm still living like I used to, being frugal as hell, eating fast food, etc,

 

I don't recall owning planes (even small second-hand ones) as being frugal but whatever.

Nice to hear you're doing fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked reading that :) It all sounds very amazing and Im glad youve succeeded and helped so many!

 

I also will probably stand by and reflect on the inevitable drama that ensues from Rassissus threads

 

6f6.gif

 

A 6tails AND a Rassah thread? Oh boy! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure you're a great stand-up type of person, and I'd really like to have an image in my head about you as you are in person, because I'm positive you're not as fucked as what you write about on here, the fucking shit you write often leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

You 'saved' somebody that was suffering from depression and leaning toward being suicidal with money. You just decided to 'save them' out of your own good will, because you're cool like that. You can do that, just save people because you feel like it from fucking depression.

 

Quote

I decided to save him, him being my best friend and the love of my life and all, and asked him if he would like me to teach him to be successful like me.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't have much experience with depression.

At the worst of it for me, it's either a concrete overpass right off of the main highway or a train-crossing at the right hour while hanging off the governor. I'm sure everybody has their own out in their mind, and some fuck 'deciding to save' them sure as fuck isn't going to make a difference. What a fucking thing to write, are you on glue?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wrecker said:

I'm sure you're a great stand-up type of person, and I'd really like to have an image in my head about you as you are in person, because I'm positive you're not as fucked as what you write about on here, the fucking shit you write often leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

You 'saved' somebody that was suffering from depression and leaning toward being suicidal with money. You just decided to 'save them' out of your own good will, because you're cool like that. You can do that, just save people because you feel like it from fucking depression.

 

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't have much experience with depression.

At the worst of it for me, it's either a concrete overpass right off of the main highway or a train-crossing at the right hour while hanging off the governor. I'm sure everybody has their own out in their mind, and some fuck 'deciding to save' them sure as fuck isn't going to make a difference. What a fucking thing to write, are you on glue?

P much this. I'd usually be more tactful but, yeah, your tale of swooping in to save your suicidal friend comes off as more bragadocious than anything else. I'm glad your friend is alright now but suicidal tendencies and low self worth aren't easily fixed, keep an eye on him and be aware that suddenly having money might cure symptoms temporarily but his depression could always crop back up.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

I don't recall owning planes (even small second-hand ones) as being frugal but whatever.

Nice to hear you're doing fine.

Remember the thread where he said he was going to Aruba and he'd rent a fancy sports car to run Uber trips with 'Just Because He Could'?  (And then spent much of the trip argueing on this forum... o___o)

That's our Rassah, he's always frugal.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Remember the thread where he said he was going to Aruba and he'd rent a fancy sports car to run Uber trips with 'Just Because He Could'?  (And then spent much of the trip argueing on this forum... o___o)

That's our Rassah, he's always frugal.

Perhaps he should do Uber trips with the plane, now that's frugal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I just wanna throw this question out here, because I want to know if it's just me, but every time Rassah makes a post like this, does anyone else get this certain vibe of 'desperately has something to prove'?

I think we've all had moments in our lives where we've bragged or boasted about something good or sometimes even been snobby and 'Humble Bragged'.  But when Rassah does it, it doesn't seem to be about 'boasting' or 'bragging', I always pick up on this quiet desperation in his text.  Every word quietly drips a desire in him to prove to everyone else that he is a 'big a deal and successful' and if others don't buy into it then it's worthless.  I know I'm doing the whole arm chair psychology thing here, but from what I've read over the years in his posts, I genuinely believe that Rassah is incapable of feeling any valid in any of his own accomplishments, what ever they may be, unless that validity is derived from others seeing him as valid.  I believe that Rassah is desperate to feel valid and accomplished and he can only feel that if he see's others feeling that about him.

He's like some former teenager, who no one took seriously or even liked in high school, but now that it's the high school reunion he must convince everyone that he 'made it' and is a 'big deal' now and if his former classmates don't see that in him, anything he has done since the end of high school was worthless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you nerds tone down the salt, good lord.

I don't even like Rassah, your envy is just that palpable.

Especially coming from Ashley "I make forum threads humblebragging about my middle-class income" Ashes

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Especially coming from Ashley "I make forum threads humblebragging about my middle-class income" Ashes

I'm trying to think of a 'SINK' pun but I can't come up with one. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm trying to think of a 'SINK' pun but I can't come up with one. :(

That's because Good Posting comes from the heart, and yours has been clouded by materialistic envy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

That's because Good Posting comes from the heart, and yours has been clouded by materialistic envy.

No.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that buy re-buying all the things from my childhood and displaying them on shelves, I achieve immortality. D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

So, I just wanna throw this question out here, because I want to know if it's just me, but every time Rassah makes a post like this, does anyone else get this certain vibe of 'desperately has something to prove'?

I think we've all had moments in our lives where we've bragged or boasted about something good or sometimes even been snobby and 'Humble Bragged'.  But when Rassah does it, it doesn't seem to be about 'boasting' or 'bragging', I always pick up on this quiet desperation in his text.  Every word quietly drips a desire in him to prove to everyone else that he is a 'big a deal and successful' and if others don't buy into it then it's worthless.  I know I'm doing the whole arm chair psychology thing here, but from what I've read over the years in his posts, I genuinely believe that Rassah is incapable of feeling any valid in any of his own accomplishments, what ever they may be, unless that validity is derived from others seeing him as valid.  I believe that Rassah is desperate to feel valid and accomplished and he can only feel that if he see's others feeling that about him.

He's like some former teenager, who no one took seriously or even liked in high school, but now that it's the high school reunion he must convince everyone that he 'made it' and is a 'big deal' now and if his former classmates don't see that in him, anything he has done since the end of high school was worthless.

I was thinking more like 'means well but can't really relate'. Granted that may just be a personal bias on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I just find it bizarre how Rassah is claiming frugality while owning a plane, even a crappy second-hand one. It almost is like he's trying to prove that he's "of the people" or something.

8 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

That's because Good Posting comes from the heart, and yours has been clouded by materialistic envy.

At least one can manipulate objects in the material realm, as opposed to the spectral:

latest?cb=20120822152224

 

7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

No.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that buy re-buying all the things from my childhood and displaying them on shelves, I achieve immortality. D:

Possessions are fleeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 0:23 PM, Zaraphayx said:

That's because Good Posting comes from the heart, and yours has been clouded by materialistic envy.

BUT ASHLEY MADE JELLYFISH 3D INTO A 3D MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ashley also fed a hobo some cash with their BUTTLOAD OF CASH INCOME which made them feel SUPER GOOD but then realized that they will probably spend the burger cash on booze. EXCUUUUSE ME! TRYING TO GET ON A TRAIN BUT THERE ARE SO MANY HOBOS I GOTTO WALK OVER Dx!!!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tenor.gif

 

Everyone who has bragged about having money should give me money, because it will make them a better person to give to a poor like me

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Toshabi said:

BUT ASHLEY MADE JELLYFISH 3D INTO A 3D MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually...

4 hours ago, Vallium said:

tenor.gif

...I worked on Thiller 3D. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 3:23 PM, Zaraphayx said:

That's because Good Posting comes from the heart, and yours has been clouded by materialistic envy.

Zara the Great Bodhisattva; Wisdom illuminates thine eyes and guides thine hands to achieve the will of Good Posting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Toshabi said:

BUT ASHLEY MADE JELLYFISH 3D INTO A 3D MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ashley also fed a hobo some cash with their BUTTLOAD OF CASH INCOME which made them feel SUPER GOOD but then realized that they will probably spend the burger cash on booze. EXCUUUUSE ME! TRYING TO GET ON A TRAIN BUT THERE ARE SO MANY HOBOS I GOTTO WALK OVER Dx!!!!!!

real-talk: laughed hard at this post, tremendous/10 ilu let's fuck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you're doing well Ressah, and I genuinely don't have any qualms with you as a person, but holy shit half your posts make you sound like a complete douchebag.

Type a paragraph and don't mention money. Please. It would be cool.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy this for me.

https://www.amazon.de/Nikon-Spiegelreflexkamera-Megapixel-LCD-Touchmonitor-4K-UHD-Video/dp/B01AUBSY38/

And this while you are at it.

https://www.amazon.de/Nikon-AF-S-Nikkor-70-200-Gegenlichtblende/dp/B01M4L36RJ/

I mean you got it, sooo.... You know :3

Or give these people money:

http://www.lemurlove.org/

Lemurs are cute. They need money to... Stay alive.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Conker said:

Glad you're doing well Ressah, and I genuinely don't have any qualms with you as a person, but holy shit half your posts make you sound like a complete douchebag.

Type a paragraph and don't mention money. Please. It would be cool.

His entire life is about money, it's an obsession that has literally paid off.;3

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2017 at 4:55 AM, Rassah said:

Bitcoin is over $4,000 now. That investment continues to pay off. Sorry if you kept ignoring me when I've been telling you to buy it over the many years.

I've never understood this, what actually determines bitcoin's value?

It seems so volatile. There's that one story where bitcoin was supposed to be a passing fad worth pennies, and someone had the datawhatevers for a bitcoin thing stored on a flash drive, thrown in a scrapyard, and it soon became a magical lost treasure trove worth at least 6 figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Doggo said:

I've never understood this, what actually determines bitcoin's value?

It seems so volatile. There's that one story where bitcoin was supposed to be a passing fad worth pennies, and someone had the datawhatevers for a bitcoin thing stored on a flash drive, thrown in a scrapyard, and it soon became a magical lost treasure trove worth at least 6 figures.

...Here we go again... D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Doggo said:

im serious, i havent got a clue, not trying to debate anything

It's a thing that he's historically gone into in great depth.  I believe he was at one point sharing some kinda Get-Rich-Quick audiobooks he was recording with some users back when this place was FAF.

There's a literal 'Bitcoin/Timbit' thread sorta mocking his tendency to go into BitCoin as a topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AshleyAshes said:

It's a thing that he's historically gone into in great depth.  I believe he was at one point sharing some kinda Get-Rich-Quick audiobooks he was recording with some users back when this place was FAF.

There's a literal 'Bitcoin/Timbit' thread sorta mocking his tendency to go into BitCoin as a topic.

is it that kind of bullshit where its fundamentally based on people's faith in it or something

 

 

maybe if we believe hard enough bitcoiners will become poor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

If only Bitcoins were as delicious as Timbits.

Then they might have actual worth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

His entire life is about money, it's an obsession that has literally paid off.;3

I know, but I also coin't believe someone can be happy and obsessed with money at the same time. Like, money is nice, but it ain't no dolla back girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Conker said:

I know, but I also coin't believe someone can be happy and obsessed with money at the same time. Like, money is nice, but it ain't no dolla back girl

Dude read Rassah's posts and tell me he sounds like he's "happy".

I'd buy "content" at most.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Conker said:

I know, but I also coin't believe someone can be happy and obsessed with money at the same time. Like, money is nice, but it ain't no dolla back girl

When you have to brag to an obscure furry forum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dr. Doggo said:

I've never understood this, what actually determines bitcoin's value?

Bitcoin is essentially a private digital currency with no backing. It's the modern equivalent of private scrip used during the Great Depression.

Although the block-chain technology behind it might have a bit of value, the value of the currency itself is determined by how willing people are to trade with it and use "real" money (such as USD) to buy bitcoins with and use real energy and material to "mine" it.

As a purely digital currency that requires increasing amounts of computing power (thus increasing amounts of energy and material) to mine new coins it is inevitable that as long as there are suckers willing to waste electricity and equipment generating digital tokens or buying the tokens with real money its value relative to real money will keep going up. There is also apparently a finite number of coins that can be generated.

 

The handling of this digital scrip resembles a pyramid scheme: the early "miners" benefit the most when the currency is at its cheapest to generate and the earliest speculators benefit the most when people in general are only willing to spend a few USD per bitcoin. The currency over time gets physically more expensive to generate (more computing power) and people become more willing to spend more USD on it, thus its apparent value increases.

Like any pyramid scheme it relies on new suckers coming in but the later you come in the less benefit you get relative to the early birds and the riskier it becomes as suckers wallets are drained. The game inevitably ends when there isn't enough fresh money being pumped into the scheme and the "investors" begin to panic and sell their so-called "assets" en-mass to a market that can no longer afford to spend thousands of dollars on digital scrip.

Rtailah seems to be one of the few people who came in early during the scheme and thus would've benefited immensely compared to the suckers coming in now that the scheme is in a mania phase. I hope for his sake he cashes in his winnings soon before the scheme falls down, but given his writings he may be a true believer in bitcoin in which case he'll end up losing a lot when the scheme falls apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Rtailah seems to be one of the few people who came in early during the scheme and thus would've benefited immensely compared to the suckers coming in now that the scheme is in a mania phase. I hope for his sake he cashes in his winnings soon before the scheme falls down, but given his writings he may be a true believer in bitcoin in which case he'll end up losing a lot when the scheme falls apart.

That explains a lot, I've been interested in playing the bitcoin game but the barrier to entry is too high at this point. It's probably more sensible to just get into trading "normal" currency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dr. Doggo said:

That explains a lot, I've been interested in playing the bitcoin game but the barrier to entry is too high at this point. It's probably more sensible to just get into trading "normal" currency.

Don't get me wrong, the bitcoin mania might have some steam left but it's very much in bubble territory.

Good luck trading sovereign-backed currencies! ;333333333333333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Good luck trading sovereign-backed currencies! ;333333333333333

I wouldn't know, I'm not into it. There's at least one person on this site that does it, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Doggo said:

I wouldn't know, I'm not into it. There's at least one person on this site that does it, though.

My god, someone here trades in a currency other than bitcoin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Doggo said:

That explains a lot, I've been interested in playing the bitcoin game but the barrier to entry is too high at this point. It's probably more sensible to just get into trading "normal" currency.

Just wait for it to crash again in a week. :V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments/1wjhbh/furry_fandom_can_benefit_from_adopting_bitcoin/

It seems that at one point, Rassah was intent on revolutionizing the furry fandom through BitCoin payments.  He goes on to list advantages it would offer to the fandom.

Know what bitcoin critically lacks?  Consumer protection features.  I mean, I think we've all seen enough stories where people flake and rip off consumers for a range of reasons.  You'd have to be nuts to spend money in this fandom on commissioned goods with any system that doesn't allow you claw the money back out of the artist after they realize that 300 commissions per week might not have been as achievable as they thought and that your commission is backlogged to 2028.

Sorry Furry Artists, I don't so much trust you to 'be honest' as much as I trust you 'to fear having PayPal rip your student loan payment out of your bank account to pay me back'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

ITT: Rassah looking every few hours, frustrated that he still can't make the furries idolize him.

Hey how was working on Penguin Dicks 3D doing for you today? Did you run into any more hobos that could use a 2 dollar cheeseburger that you could bless with your high paying job? Did you happen to step on them on the way to the trolley station? How goes working on Jake Paul's new 3D movie?

 

 

ITT: Someone who flaunts their money and profession being called out by someone who flaunts their money and profession.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:
Quote

Even better, you can create different bitcoin addresses for every pic you post, and see which ones are liked most just based on the amount of donations it gets.

Er uh, wouldn't it be more reliable to just look at the views/favorites ratio?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toshabi said:

Hey how was working on Penguin Dicks 3D doing for you today?

I'm not sure what's worse, that you only think that I work in IMAX films or that you think that IMAX films are something to look down upon. O.o  I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but wouldn't 'AAA Summer Blockbusters That Flop' be a better angle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Er uh, wouldn't it be more reliable to just look at the views/favorites ratio?

Also when are furries going to 'donate' to their favorite pics?  Will they do that between begging artists for free art or what? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm not sure what's worse, that you only think that I work in IMAX films or that you think that IMAX films are something to look down upon. O.o  I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but wouldn't 'AAA Summer Blockbusters That Flop' be a better angle?

Who are you again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...