In case anyone cares

Rassah

@WileyWarWeasel At this point I'm not even going to bother answering or correcting that. There's plenty of information out on the web already, so all I can do is facepalm and shake my head.

@AshleyAshes I forgot about that post. Pretty cool I predicted the Patreon business model of supporting artists by paying for pictures, though it would have been much more customized to implement it using my system (why pay instead of hit like? Like is easy, putting money where your mouth is is more truthful).

Not sure why people think I'm unhappy or "content." My husband and I are just as in love, if not moreso, than when we met 18 years ago, and now we'll be able to spend all the time together we want, traveling the world together. My best friend is doing really well, is also available to hang out and travel with me, and we're working on building businesses together. I'm having even more doors being open to me, and learning a ton of new things and experiences. This weekend I hung out with George Ross for instance, getting to listen to his life stories and crack jokes. Dude has sharper wit than Kage. And I don't really care enough about here to bother checking more than every week or two apparently.

As the other guy I hung out with this week said, "Don't worry about those talking behind your back. There's a reason they are behind you" xD

@RassahI suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. All I can do is shake my head at the digital form of the Dutch tulip mania as history repeats itself ;)

People have been supporting artists both indirectly and directly for centuries, whether commissioning art or simply being a sponsor (do a search for "patron of the arts"). All Patreon did was make this behavior easier to do online. Wow what a prediction that someone would find a way to do something online that's already being done in real life, what are you doing on a furry forum with those precognitive abilities.

24 minutes ago, Deskai said:

ok, who the fuck who summoned me by bragging about their lives?

I'm intrigued, tell me moar.

5 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I know you guys talk about me or make inferences about me behind my back. There's a search button on this forum.

It's a public forum. I don't think the people on this site really care if you see them talking about you. They put it right out in the open where you could easily find it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rassah said:

I know you guys talk about me or make inferences about me behind my back. There's a search button on this forum.

1) That's not 'behind your back'.

2) Ha ha ha, omigod, wow, you just admitted to searching your own name on this little forum just to find every post that mentions you?  That is like, soooooooooooooo sad.  That is something that someone trying to convince others how 'together' he has it,should NOT post; it undermines your entire message.  It's a genuinely pitiful thing to do. O.o

4 hours ago, Rassah said:

Guy with no sense of humor gets turned into a literal meme because of his clownshoes behavior; thinks that memeing about him on a public forum is surreptitious gossip.

Never change, King Dicktable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

2) Ha ha ha, omigod, wow, you just admitted to searching your own name on this little forum just to find every post that mentions you?  That is like, soooooooooooooo sad.  That is something that someone trying to convince others how 'together' he has it,should NOT post; it undermines your entire message.  It's a genuinely pitiful thing to do. O.o

This is the point where I tell you to shut up. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Rassah said:

Nobody important.

Look, I don't hold any personal animosity towards you but I think it bears saying. People have a limited tolerance for bragging, and even when they are open to it, it needs to be done with a certain level of finesse to make it more palatable. You could actually be a pretty nice person, but you don't come off that way. Your post in this thread lacks self-awarness and even when you mentioned helping your friend get out of his depression that felt more like a "I'm so great, look at me, literally saving lives over here," than it did actual concern for your friend. To be clear I'm NOT saying you don't care about your friend but your portrayal of that situation I found to be in really poor taste.

As for your wealth? Well, speaking only for myself, no, I really don't care. I don't know you, I don't know how you got rich. I don't really WANT to know how you got rich. I've seen rich people brag about their wealth before, it's all the same. For all their money and business savvy they still try to impress people they KNOW have less than they do by showing off and grandstanding. It's no secret a lot of people on this forum have their share of financial trouble. Coming in and basically saying "You should have listened to me because then you'd be as rich as I am" is a shit thing to do. Have a little class, if you wanna impress people do it with your merits as a person, not your material gains. Show, don't tell. Show that you're humorous, kind, considerate, genuine or witty and you might find a warmer reception in the future. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

As for your wealth? Well, speaking only for myself, no, I really don't care. I don't know you, I don't know how you got rich. I don't really WANT to know how you got rich. I've seen rich people brag about their wealth before, it's all the same. For all their money and business savvy they still try to impress people they KNOW have less than they do by showing off and grandstanding. 

How wealthy can he REALLY be if he hasn't managed to hire a minimum wage lackey to do internet searches for 'Rassah' FOR him and then providing an itemized daily report breaking down the results by category and relevance allowing him to focus his energies on curing the world of depression?

The problem in it isn't even with talking about successes. People rave about shit all the time on here.

But when you're doing it like that nerd who got shoved into lockers his whole life, and is now yelling "SEE? I HAVE MONEY NOW, CHRISTINA. YOU SHOULD HAVE WENT OUT WITH ME WHEN I ASKED YOU TO HOMECOMING, CHRISTINA! BUT YOU AND THE WHOLE CHEERLEADING SQUAD JUST LAUGHED AT ME. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW."
it's just... kind of fucking weird.

Moreso that we're not Christina, or anyone who should fit into this equation.
We're a furry forum full of randos.
Dunno what the desperate overcompensation is for, other than crippling amounts of insecurity.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Feelwell said:

To be honest, being referred to as "King Dicktable" is probably the point we should all strive for in our lives.

Your life isn't complete until you're known as the king of phallic furniture.

Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and make millions of theoretical dollars like Rassah and you too can be the king of your very own dicktable.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2017 at 6:36 PM, Red Lion said:

Look, I don't hold any personal animosity towards you but I think it bears saying. People have a limited tolerance for bragging, and even when they are open to it, it needs to be done with a certain level of finesse to make it more palatable. You could actually be a pretty nice person, but you don't come off that way. Your post in this thread lacks self-awarness and even when you mentioned helping your friend get out of his depression that felt more like a "I'm so great, look at me, literally saving lives over here," than it did actual concern for your friend. To be clear I'm NOT saying you don't care about your friend but your portrayal of that situation I found to be in really poor taste.

As for your wealth? Well, speaking only for myself, no, I really don't care. I don't know you, I don't know how you got rich. I don't really WANT to know how you got rich. I've seen rich people brag about their wealth before, it's all the same. For all their money and business savvy they still try to impress people they KNOW have less than they do by showing off and grandstanding. It's no secret a lot of people on this forum have their share of financial trouble. Coming in and basically saying "You should have listened to me because then you'd be as rich as I am" is a shit thing to do. Have a little class, if you wanna impress people do it with your merits as a person, not your material gains. Show, don't tell. Show that you're humorous, kind, considerate, genuine or witty and you might find a warmer reception in the future. 

I'm glad you're back :D!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

I still ship Rassah and Ashley together. 

I mean, with how shippers will use characters with very opposing treats as part of 'why it works' you could fit that unionization effort made as some weird justification for the ship.

"It'd never work!  He'd just see Ashley as a dirty 'collectivist'."

"Don't you see?  That's WHY it'd work!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 11:55 PM, Rassah said:

Hey, in case anyone cares what's been going on with me lately:

Plane was taken in for an annual inspection last April, iron and aluminum found in the oil filter. That means the engine needs to be taken apart and rebuilt, so about $20,000 to get the plane fixed. Even 50/50 with my co-owner that's still an ouch. It won't be out of the shop until September.

Bitcoin is over $4,000 now. That investment continues to pay off. Sorry if you kept ignoring me when I've been telling you to buy it over the many years.

I quit and stepped away from my software developer management job. The company was doing things that I just didn't find ethical, so I stepped away, since I don't want that to rub off on me. I still hold a reputation of being completely trustworthy in my field, though I guess I'm not involved in it in any way anymore.

Despite that, my various investments and ventures are doing well. I think I increased my net worth by another million this past year. It doesn't feel real, honestly. They say your first is the hardest, and the rest come easy, which I found to be true, but I'm still living like I used to, being frugal as hell, eating fast food, etc, so it just feels like unreal numbers to me. On the other hand, thanks to that extra money, I'll finally be able to get my husband to retire in about a month. It sucked where I wasn't tied down by a job and thus could go anywhere I wanted to, but him having only three weeks of vacation meant having to leave him behind all the time.

My best friend was really depressed, like to the point of being suicidal, and nearly went over the edge after playing Night in the Woods, where the main character has a monologue about feeling like a loser all her life. My friend admitted feeling that too. I decided to save him, him being my best friend and the love of my life and all, and asked him if he would like me to teach him to be successful like me. He said yes, so I'm having him read some books and am teaching him about money and business. We decided to do real estate investing together, which I'm using as a teaching tool. And just from the first few things I taught him, he changed his world view so much he actually just up and quit his job (with a 6 week notice) deciding to go into real estate and business with me full time. He's a lot less depressed and more motivated now, especially after realizing that his job was the reason he was so stressed and depressed. Even stopped taking his antidepressants because he says he doesn't need them. It's a huge responsibility, which I'll gladly cary, but am worried about. But this is also what I had hoped to do for Red, teaching her to be successful and financially independent, who also approached me after hitting bottom and wanting to climb back up, so I'm happy.

I also want to see if I can repeat what I did before to get to where I'm at now, following the same things I did again from the beginning. So I'm trying to build wealth from nothing, just doing the real estate thing, not touching my money and just using credit cards and "working the system" in business. Basically to prove to myself that someone, if they work at it and do what needs to be done, can do it starting from scratch. I'm nearly maxing out my cards, taking on enormous risks, and busting my butt a lot, but it seems to be working.

We have a house we put a bid on already, hoping to get it for $160k, which after putting about $60k into for repairs, we should be able to sell for $250. After all expenses we should be able to make about $20k to $40k on that flip within about 4 months. Deals like this are hard to find though, so it takes a lot of looking.

All in all I'm happy. My husband is about to be free to stay home and travel with me, and my best friend of 20 years (who used to be my crush for the first 12 of them) is now my business partner who gets to work and travel with me too. And the work we do mainly involves helping other people out of crap situations, so this works with my ideal of being completely transparent and ethical in everything I do. Can't really ask for much more.

ca69b6aef27c186fb3c4838a07c75092.jpg