Post Your Dumb Political Opinions ITT And I Will Insult You

Zaraphayx

It is my opinion that all people are equally created, and therefore must be treated with dignity and respect regardless of personal antipathies. And further that any fair system of law must ultimately refer back to that fact. This ultimately prevents me from kissing your dick.

Sorry.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kazooie said:

the murderer was a white nationalist

You have a weird obsession with nazis and even your friends think you're unhinged, lmao

2 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

It is my opinion that all people are equally created, and therefore must be treated with dignity and respect regardless of personal antipathies. And further that any fair system of law must ultimately refer back to that fact. This ultimately prevents me from kissing your dick.

Sorry.

If everyone is equal than how does inequality exist?

Try having a less boring opinion next time, hippie.

• Like 2

Just now, Zaraphayx said:

I don't know if you got the memo but I'm supposed to be running the forum from the shadows like some kind of gay emperor palpatine so stop defying me, knave.

Be that as it may, I'm of the opinion that authority should be questioned

I have issues with the length of prison sentences in the US. I cannot fathom how any sane man can convict a person to several years in prison. I believe the greatest purpose of prison is to act as a tool to reform lawbreakers and wrongdoers, that it exists to help people learn to better themselves so that when they leave prison, they can be productive members of society again. I'm under the impression that people look at small numbers and think "light sentence", but even a year of no freedom is a torturous thing. It does not take 25 years to reform a person. If one sentences another human to a prison sentence of such a length, then they are saying that said person cannot return to being a productive member of society, and at that point, they may as well be given the death sentence. As I believe the death sentence is a horribly barbaric thing, and as I believe that almost all humans are capable of bettering themselves (or at least should be given the chance to attempt doing so), I thus equally cannot stand the concept of someone going to prison for such a long time. I think the maximum sentence anyone should be able to be imprisoned is 10 years, and that's for like the worst of the worst of society. I do not believe crimes should be able to be added on top of each other generally speaking either. You commit theft, planned murder, and sexual assault? Those crimes shouldn't be stacked on top of each other to add years to each other. One sentence. People should be given the chance to become better people, not rot in prison. Prisons are overcrowded and expensive to maintain as they are anyways.

It often scares me that there aren't any real mainstream political entities pushing these kinds of views either.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, willow said:

Be that as it may, I'm of the opinion that authority should be questioned

Mindservants aren't supposed to have opinions, you're terrible at forum conspiracy roleplay and I bet your F-list is full of custom kinks that are gross.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Battlechili said:

I have issues with the length of prison sentences in the US. I cannot fathom how any sane man can convict a person to several years in prison. I believe the greatest purpose of prison is to act as a tool to reform lawbreakers and wrongdoers, that it exists to help people learn to better themselves so that when they leave prison, they can be productive members of society again. I'm under the impression that people look at small numbers and think "light sentence", but even a year of no freedom is a torturous thing. It does not take 25 years to reform a person. If one sentences another human to a prison sentence of such a length, then they are saying that said person cannot return to being a productive member of society, and at that point, they may as well be given the death sentence. As I believe the death sentence is a horribly barbaric thing, and as I believe that almost all humans are capable of bettering themselves, I thus equally cannot stand the concept of someone going to prison for such a long time. I think the maximum sentence anyone should be able to be imprisoned is 10 years, and that's for like the worst of the worst of society. I do not believe crimes should be able to be added on top of each other generally speaking either. You commit theft, planned murder, and sexual assault? 10 years. Not stacking 10 years each or anything like that. People should be given the chance to become better people, not rot in prison. Prisons are overcrowded and expensive to maintain as they are anyways.

Prison is a place we put criminals because death is too merciful, rehabilitation is a myth perpetuated to placate the naive who refuse to accept that some humans are not capable of functioning in civilized society and the world would be better off without them in it.

I'm paying taxes to subsidize your guilt.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Prison is a place we put criminals because death is too merciful, rehabilitation is a myth perpetuated to placate the naive who refuse to accept that some humans are not capable of functioning in civilized society

18 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I have issues with the length of prison sentences in the US. I cannot fathom how any sane man can convict a person to several years in prison. I believe the greatest purpose of prison is to act as a tool to reform lawbreakers and wrongdoers, that it exists to help people learn to better themselves so that when they leave prison, they can be productive members of society again. I'm under the impression that people look at small numbers and think "light sentence", but even a year of no freedom is a torturous thing. It does not take 25 years to reform a person. If one sentences another human to a prison sentence of such a length, then they are saying that said person cannot return to being a productive member of society, and at that point, they may as well be given the death sentence. As I believe the death sentence is a horribly barbaric thing, and as I believe that almost all humans are capable of bettering themselves (or at least should be given the chance to attempt doing so), I thus equally cannot stand the concept of someone going to prison for such a long time. I think the maximum sentence anyone should be able to be imprisoned is 10 years, and that's for like the worst of the worst of society. I do not believe crimes should be able to be added on top of each other generally speaking either. You commit theft, planned murder, and sexual assault? Those crimes shouldn't be stacked on top of each other to add years to each other. One sentence. People should be given the chance to become better people, not rot in prison. Prisons are overcrowded and expensive to maintain as they are anyways.

It often scares me that there aren't any real mainstream political entities pushing these kinds of views either.

American prisons aren't even good at rehabilitating people. In a lot of cases, they make people come out worse than when they went in. That is why the reoffender rate is so high. Check out Sweden's prison system. I think they've done a much better job (if the article is still relevant that is).

1 hour ago, Jtrekkie said:

Sorry.

I think what Jere is saying is that he's deeply afraid of dicks.

In other news, my opinion is that politics are dumb.
Hit me with your best shot!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Feelwell said:

I think what Jere is saying is that he's deeply afraid of dicks.

In other news, my opinion is that politics are dumb.
Hit me with your best shot!

"I think that the trajectory of the human species is dumb and I'm going to tell you all about it on an internet forum for a cartoon dog fandom" - you, assuredly not-an-idiot.

4 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

I just think that if you're a murderer, rapist, child/animal abuser you dont deserve a second chance. Lol

Are you calling for the extermination of the underprivileged? You can't fool me, NAZI.

I hope you're ready to be punched in the face, online, in a drawing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I think this is the wrong thread to post an actual opinion in, let alone an actual well-reasoned good opinion.

On-topic: