Why I'm misanthropic and why I hate hunters.

BennyJackdaw

People made a big stink about me coming out of the box to say I was misanthropic, despite the fact it was going to come up eventually. What people I feel fail to understand is misanthropy itself. WHY are people misanthropic? What are the truths behind their misanthropy? What can misanthropes teach the human race to help it improve? Instead of trying to understand misanthropy, people demonize it. People treat misanthropes as these horrible human beings that are a purge to the glorious human race so they can shut up the "evil voices in their head..."

...that point out all the things wrong with us. Greed, war, crime, etc. But so many of those things are AGREED as bad. I hate these things as much as the next guy. But yes, it's environmental issues that upset me the most, and that is because these are the issues that have been swept aside the most, and even worse. We have media and such basically portraying all non-human life as evil and worthless while depicting us in this narcissistic image as god's golden miracle. And, what do you know, the one badguy human is usually MISANTHROPIC. Not to mention all the times people TRY to help animals, people ALWAYS find an excuse as to why they're horrible people for doing so. The only time people are defended for "helping" animals...

Is if those people "helping animals" are SLAUGHTERING HUNDREDS of them! Yes, that's how humans are "helping" animals these days: hunting! We slaughter "overpopulated animals," yet we slaughter ENDANGERED animals too! Lions, elephants, rhinos, tigers, wolves... and yet the one creature that's more overpopulated than almost any other creature on planet Earth is the ONE ****ING CREATURE we don't even bother trying to control, not even with breeding limits: I'm sorry, but that's OUR OWN species.

Another thing I hate is that most of these hunters who SUPPOSEDLY care so ****ing much about animals won't lift a finger for them unless they get to kill them. They're perfectly fine with shooting a dear right in the face, but when it comes to seeing animals mistreated for no reason, they don't ****ing care! They're fine with cruel meat farms, fur farms, and several other practices where animals lose their lives, yet when people actually stand up to tyranny towards animals, THAT'S when they *****!

But I think what I hate the most about hunting is the fact that hunters feel the need to shove it down my throat. I'm just going to flat out say one thing: For a while, I've felt so depressed and have gotten to the point where I hate humans so much that hearing of all these deaths done by hurricanes Harvey and Irma actually make me feel kinda happy inside knowing humans are dying. I don't like feeling this way: I want to find a reason to feel GOOD about humans. I want to see beyond the killing and slaughter and narcissism, and I want to see where humans are actually doing GOOD for other life that isn't hunting. ...I just want a reason to feel better about the human race.

...But NO! Hunters are ALWAYS there to make me feel WORSE about humans, to help me despise them more! Seriously, I don't ****ing care what your excuses or arguments in favor of hunting. I've heard every ****ing argument in the book. All defense against hunting does is confirm what I've grown to believe about my own species: that we're parasites. That we live for destruction. That we're too ****ing selfish to legitimately help animals that we have to convince ourselves that hunting is the only way to help them. As a result, hundreds of animals become endangered, go extinct, lose habitats, all while our own species grows and grows!

That is why I donate to animal charities and have stopped caring about human charities. With all the animals going extinct and endangered, and all the people who only care about humans donating to their cause, they can afford to have one person NOT donate money to them. And all of this...

...is because people REFUSE to show me the other side of humans. People REFUSE to show me when humans are selflessly helping animals and putting endangered species above criminals. People just INSIST on shoving hunting down my throat and making me feel worse about humans. And I've looked on google for a sign, all I find is demonization towards animals and people who care about them. Not one single case about humans saving a whole bunch of animals or bringing an animal back from the brink of extinction. All I see is demonization and hunting.

And there you have it, that is why I'm misanthropic: because I have no reason to respect my species, and no one wants to give me one. And don't even give me that "there are more good people then bad" argument, because a lot of people's opinions of "good human" include truly HORRIBLE humans, so right now I can only assume that's a myth. And again, don't waste your time trying to shove hunting down my throat. No amount of "you need to be open minded" will make me see hunting any differently than I do right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BennyJackdaw said:

I hate humans so much that hearing of all these deaths done by hurricanes Harvey and Irma actually make me feel kinda happy inside knowing humans are dying.

I'm too tired to address the rest of this, nor do I care, because you post this same shit verbatim to literally every community you join.

But this right here?
Fuck right off.

• Like 14

Nobody cares why you're the way you are, maybe you're the narcissist lol.

1 hour ago, BennyJackdaw said:

all these deaths done by hurricanes Harvey and Irma actually make me feel kinda happy inside knowing humans are dying.

1 hour ago, BennyJackdaw said:

People treat misanthropes as these horrible human beings

I wonder why

• Like 8

Philanthropy>Misanthropy

You know why the human race is "evil", people like you have no love for ourselves. 

You act like every single human on Earth is out to destroy nature and each other and that's not true at all. I could pull up any articles on net to show we still have some solid wildlife rescue organizations, animal welfare, and ecological progress

Hope is the grand spark that keeps humanity alive and thriving, my dude. 

All the good and the bad in the world, it starts with YOU

So what are you going to do about it?

• Like 11

You see, hatred isn't useful at all. It's always destructive, and usually precludes reason. We'd do better to be fighting that. There's a lot of things you don't like, that's fine, it's the same way for everyone, but you're condemning strangers here. And you've made some accusations that simply aren't true, but I know the subject is stressful for you. 

You talked about how misanthropes are demonized without understanding. You might not see it, but you're doing the same thing yourself. If you want to make any improvement, the first step is to forgive and start new with some patience.

• Like 1

Wow I can't believe you said that about those hurricane victims, apparently you don't have any family ties or home to speak of to draw any empathy towards their plight?

Okay that said, There's got to be a logical appeal for you to understand why mutual empathy towards other human's is a valuable tool for humane efforts and survival. You do realize humanity has gone on surviving for a very long time right? Bemoaning it's existence and wishing it's eradication will get you nowhere right now! Do you know what the human race has thrived past? Famine, plague, war, genocide...none of these things has succeeded yet to wipe out the human race, you may never get your wish in your finite existence of a lifetime.

So just what are you going to do about it? Nothing? Probably...but if you actually cared about the state of the world as a whole, humans aside, you'd realize you're not tackling the root of the problem by acknowledging the fact that we absolutely NEED to help each other is how societies get better in this day and age. Do you know this word? Mutualism we derive benefit for one another by trading needs to survive in our environment. If we help each other out of poverty, give each other the knowledge we need to stop doing those things, build our political atmosphere, provide resources for one another, things can get better for the HERE and NOW. 

So keep sitting around wishing for the world to end, that's fine. But the more individuals like you exist, the more humanity will wipe away nature, the environment, and each other, because THEY DON'T CARE.

Love and compassion is the most important thing we can accomplish and drive forward

• Like 6

Time for a wall it seems.

4 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

I want to see beyond the killing and slaughter and narcissism, and I want to see where humans are actually doing GOOD for other life that isn't hunting.

Humans are (unwittingly) transforming the earth so that certain basic organisms benefit over the long haul.

One particular example is radiotrophic fungus, a type of fungus that feeds on dead biomass while also utilizing ionizing radiation as an energy source similar to how plants use sunlight. When our unsustainable civilization inevitably crumbles and collapses, it will become impossible to maintain 400 reactors and 4000 spent fuel ponds dotted around the world which means releases of significant amounts of radioactive material is unavoidable. Couple this with all the biomass from dying complex organisms and it will be quite a feast for this fungus and other basic organisms that can survive the earth's changes.

Roaches, flies, certain cyanobacteria (Cyanobacterium Chroococcidiopsis comes to mind), and tardigrades also stand to benefit or at least survive over the long term.

and yet the one creature that's more overpopulated than almost any other creature on planet Earth is the ONE ****ING CREATURE we don't even bother trying to control, not even with breeding limits: I'm sorry, but that's OUR OWN species.

You might be interested in learning about a term called "population overshoot" and its consequences.

...But NO! Hunters are ALWAYS there to make me feel WORSE about humans, to help me despise them more!

Not all hunters are bad ^__^

That is why I donate to animal charities and have stopped caring about human charities.

Regardless of which charity you donate to, most of the money goes towards other things like administrative and marketing costs. Some charities are better than others but most of the money doesn't end up helping those they're supposed to help.

All defense against hunting does is confirm what I've grown to believe about my own species: that we're parasites. That we live for destruction.

There is a silver lining to the destruction of biological complexity: the carbon extracted from fossil fuels can eventually be utilized by basic organisms and then complex organisms much later down the track. Carbon after all is the basic building block of carbon-based life.

Unfortunately there is a heavy cost as you've mentioned, but then again there is a cost to everything which can sometimes be delayed or shifted onto others.

55 minutes ago, Vallium said:

I could pull up any articles on net to show we still have some solid wildlife rescue organizations, animal welfare, and ecological progress

Unfortunately the activities you've listed utilize an industrial system that by its very nature is toxic to the vast majority of complex organisms. That being said they're a bit better than using our finite resources for things like war and surveillance.

58 minutes ago, Vallium said:

Hope is the grand spark that keeps humanity alive and thriving, my dude.

Hope springs eternal. Resources (and the land/ocean/air to dump the toxic wastes) do not.

1 hour ago, Vallium said:

All the good and the bad in the world, it starts with YOU

So what are you going to do about it?

That's easy to say when you're not dealing with a global networked system (such as the one we're living in right now) where any significant changes made in one area inevitably have flow-on effects to other areas and cause systemic shifts regardless of the intention. That being said the vast majority of people have no significant influence, and the more influence one has the more one tends to benefit from the status quo so the less impetus there is to change it (except to seize or solidify power by say expanding the surveillance apparatus).

34 minutes ago, Vallium said:

Do you know what the human race has thrived past? Famine, plague, war, genocide...none of these things has succeeded yet to wipe out the human race, you may never get your wish in your finite existence of a lifetime.

The human species is in population overshoot so a correction is inevitable. Given a combination of factors (habitability, radiation, biodiversity, pollution, depletion, etc) it's likely that the numbers will be corrected to zero.

37 minutes ago, Vallium said:

If we help each other out of poverty, give each other the knowledge we need to stop doing those things, build our political atmosphere, provide resources for one another, things can get better for the HERE and NOW. 

Agreed, those sorts of actions could help improve the situation for more people in the present.

38 minutes ago, Vallium said:

Love and compassion is the most important thing we can accomplish and drive forward

Unfortunately love and compassion don't supply factories, smelters, chemical plants, refineries and other infrastructure with the surplus material and energy needed to keep our networked system functioning.

Regardless of whether your intentions are good or bad, civilization needs to continually expand to counteract diminishing returns and increasing systemic costs. This necessitates harming biodiversity regardless of how much you care.

Whether sitting around or running community/charity events or marching in parades, the outcome is the same: a system needing to continually expand to function inevitably collapses as infinite expansion on a finite world is impossible (and no, extracting resources from space is not viable due to the costs involved). Thankfully there are still plenty of basic organisms that should be left to pick up the pieces.

15 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Time for a wall it seems.

Humans are (unwittingly) transforming the earth so that certain basic organisms benefit over the long haul.

One particular example is radiotrophic fungus, a type of fungus that feeds on dead biomass while also utilizing ionizing radiation as an energy source similar to how plants use sunlight. When our unsustainable civilization inevitably crumbles and collapses, it will become impossible to maintain 400 reactors and 4000 spent fuel ponds dotted around the world which means releases of significant amounts of radioactive material is unavoidable. Couple this with all the biomass from dying complex organisms and it will be quite a feast for this fungus and other basic organisms that can survive the earth's changes.

Roaches, flies, certain cyanobacteria (Cyanobacterium Chroococcidiopsis comes to mind), and tardigrades also stand to benefit or at least survive over the long term.

You might be interested in learning about a term called "population overshoot" and its consequences.

Not all hunters are bad ^__^

Regardless of which charity you donate to, most of the money goes towards other things like administrative and marketing costs. Some charities are better than others but most of the money doesn't end up helping those they're supposed to help.

There is a silver lining to the destruction of biological complexity: the carbon extracted from fossil fuels can eventually be utilized by basic organisms and then complex organisms much later down the track. Carbon after all is the basic building block of carbon-based life.

Unfortunately there is a heavy cost as you've mentioned, but then again there is a cost to everything which can sometimes be delayed or shifted onto others.

Unfortunately the activities you've listed utilize an industrial system that by its very nature is toxic to the vast majority of complex organisms. That being said they're a bit better than using our finite resources for things like war and surveillance.

Hope springs eternal. Resources (and the land/ocean/air to dump the toxic wastes) do not.

That's easy to say when you're not dealing with a global networked system (such as the one we're living in right now) where any significant changes made in one area inevitably have flow-on effects to other areas and cause systemic shifts regardless of the intention. That being said the vast majority of people have no significant influence, and the more influence one has the more one tends to benefit from the status quo so the less impetus there is to change it (except to seize or solidify power by say expanding the surveillance apparatus).

The human species is in population overshoot so a correction is inevitable. Given a combination of factors (habitability, radiation, biodiversity, pollution, depletion, etc) it's likely that the numbers will be corrected to zero.

Agreed, those sorts of actions could help improve the situation for more people in the present.

Unfortunately love and compassion don't supply factories, smelters, chemical plants, refineries and other infrastructure with the surplus material and energy needed to keep our networked system functioning.

Regardless of whether your intentions are good or bad, civilization needs to continually expand to counteract diminishing returns and increasing systemic costs. This necessitates harming biodiversity regardless of how much you care.

Whether sitting around or running community/charity events or marching in parades, the outcome is the same: a system needing to continually expand to function inevitably collapses as infinite expansion on a finite world is impossible (and no, extracting resources from space is not viable due to the costs involved). Thankfully there are still plenty of basic organisms that should be left to pick up the pieces.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine?

Long term most of that doesn't affect the way the world is, but that doesn't mean it doesnt make any subtle differences within the short term. Looking at the big picture it doesnt make a dent but that's not the point, the point is there are people actively trying

We do have scientists and researchers, students who are also continuing effort to add to progress, who are trying to look for renewable resource, resources are finite but that doesnt mean we inevitably arent making attempts to rectify a problem and look for solutions

I'm not talking about how to fix the world overnight or entirely here

4 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Good fucking lord, Bunnycorn. 
This is why you got your ass laughed out of Weasyl and FA Forums. Twice.

The guy who gets upset at the term "furfag" regardless of context?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

good fucking lord

That actually made me laugh out loud >>

20 minutes ago, Vallium said:

Aren't you a ray of sunshine?

I prefer to focus on realistic positives and positivism ;)

20 minutes ago, Vallium said:

Long term most of that doesn't affect the way the world is, but that doesn't mean it doesnt make any subtle differences within the short term. Looking at the big picture it doesnt make a dent but that's not the point, the point is there are people actively trying

We do have scientists and researchers, students who are also continuing effort to add to progress, who are trying to look for renewable resource, resources are finite but that doesnt mean we inevitably arent making attempts to rectify a problem and look for solutions

I'm not talking about how to fix the world overnight or entirely, here

The "solutions" that we're trying to implement now funnily enough are mostly to try to fix problems created by previous "solutions". Unsurprisingly these new "solutions" are creating many more problems of their own (eg "renewables" relying heavily on rare earth minerals extraction/processing which is one of the most toxic industries on earth as well as using much more nonrenewable energy and material in general to achieve the same results). Notice a pattern?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised: when all you have is a hammer, every problem must be a nail eh?

You're right though, you're not talking about how to "fix" the world overnight. Fortunately the natural world will likely fix itself over thousands or millions of years after human civilization ceases to function.

The questions are then:

-When will the tipping point happen and what will be the final straw?

-What complex organisms (humans or other) are the most likely to survive and in what numbers/timescale?

-What is the most likely length of recovery for the level of biodiversity to return to its previous height?

-How much biomass from current organisms is salvageable for other surviving species to utilize over the long term (thousands to millions of years)?

I'll expect a written report on my desk in the morning ^.^

EDIT: I'll add that I agree that there are things you can do to make a small difference in the short term, especially for the people you care about.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vallium said:

The guy who gets upset at the term "furfag" regardless of context?

Yup. One and the same.

14.png.75ef487080189fa620b6f70d41b0e323.png

1 hour ago, Jtrekkie said:

You see, hatred isn't useful at all. It's always destructive, and usually precludes reason. We'd do better to be fighting that. There's a lot of things you don't like, that's fine, it's the same way for everyone, but you're condemning strangers here. And you've made some accusations that simply aren't true, but I know the subject is stressful for you. 

You talked about how misanthropes are demonized without understanding. You might not see it, but you're doing the same thing yourself. If you want to make any improvement, the first step is to forgive and start new with some patience.

Stop. lol
Don't even attempt to placate or pacify him. He's been doing this for years across 8+ furry forums. Banned from several. Mocked by everyone. 
He can't think rationally which is why he puts himself on the level of Westboro Baptist Church with a level of edginess that's like Shadow and Reaper putting on the Potara earrings. 

---

And Benny, NO ONE is putting hunting in your fucking face. There were zero topics on hunting on this forum until you came around and started hammering the topic with great vengeance and furious anger. lmao
YOU'RE the one shoving it in peoples face, you edgy nerd. YOU'RE the one obsessed with it. No one here gives a shit about it, but you.

• Like 2

If you have such a deep hatred for mankind that hearing about a natural disaster brings you joy then really all you can expect is that mankind will hate you right back.

Starting with me. You're a loathsome little edge lord. Even so there's only a small percentage of you, it's too many. All you deserve is to be written off and dismissed.  

6 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

.is because people REFUSE to show me the other side of humans

See this wording right here? Refuse to show YOU the other side of humans? Humans aren't good until they pass YOUR personal benchmark? Why? Why should anyone prove anything to you? What are you going to do? Keep whining about the evils of man? You include yourself in that? Probably not, I'm gonna guess you're that exceptional paragon of morality that deserves to judge the rest of the race because having nothing but disdain for your fellow man means that it's never on you to have to prove your own worth. Piss off and quit being such a massive wiener. 

• Like 4

Benny, I hope you are vegan to the point you make VeganGains look like Ron Swanson. I swear to god. lmao
Don't let me ever hear that you even SMELLED a burger, drank some milk, or wear even synthetic fur. You better not so much as kill a mosquito trying to give you the Zika virus. You better let that motherfucker infect you. lol

I hate hunters because sometimes they accidentally leave their pet's growl on and it aggros the raid boss

7 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

Instead of trying to understand misanthropy, people demonize it. People treat misanthropes as these horrible human beings that are a purge to the glorious human race so they can shut up the "evil voices in their head..."

7 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

I'm just going to flat out say one thing: For a while, I've felt so depressed and have gotten to the point where I hate humans so much that hearing of all these deaths done by hurricanes Harvey and Irma actually make me feel kinda happy inside knowing humans are dying.

You: I just wish people would understand that misanthropes aren't horrible people :(((

Also you: I find joy in people dying

???????????????????????????????????

• Like 9

Just now, willow said:

You: I just wish people would understand that misanthropes aren't horrible people :(((

Also you: I find joy in people dying

???????????????????????????????????

Self awareness was never his strong suit. I expect low levels of it from furries, but not to this extreme degree.

• Like 1

Just now, willow said:

Oh I knew that already, but this is taking it to a whole new level

Is hunting  like a common topic among furries? I don't know where he picked up the random hate boner for hunters in his absence from this community. I mean...it's not surprising since he's a "True Furry" amongst...the less true fake furs which he seems to think is some kind of shameful thing and horrible insult. So I guess we could have seen this coming.

Like if you don't like hunting, that's whatever. I'd understand. I couldn't bring myself to shoot an animal or watch an animal die in person. I don't even kill insects these days outside of pests. But the obsession here is bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Is hunting  like a common topic among furries? I don't know where he picked up the random hate boner for hunters in his absence from this community. I mean...it's not surprising since he's a "True Furry" amongst...the less true fake furs which he seems to think is some kind of shameful thing and horrible insult. So I guess we could have seen this coming.

Like if you don't like hunting, that's whatever. I'd understand. I couldn't bring myself to shoot an animal or watch an animal die in person. I don't even kill insects these days outside of pests. But the obsession here is bizarre.

I really don't think it is. I've seen maybe one or two topics on hunting and even then most people are pretty indifferent to it unless someone's hunting endangered animals

11 minutes ago, willow said:

I really don't think it is. I've seen maybe one or two topics on hunting and even then most people are pretty indifferent to it unless someone's hunting endangered animals

THESE FUCKING ASSHOLES SHOVING HUNTING IN MY FACE!

Meanwhile he's currently logged into http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/

12 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

What people I feel fail to understand is misanthropy itself. WHY are people misanthropic? What are the truths behind their misanthropy? What can misanthropes teach the human race to help it improve? Instead of trying to understand misanthropy, people demonize it. People treat misanthropes as these horrible human beings that are a purge to the glorious human race so they can shut up the "evil voices in their head..."

Are you suggesting you should be studied?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Lion said:

16 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

.is because people REFUSE to show me the other side of humans

See this wording right here? Refuse to show YOU the other side of humans? Humans aren't good until they pass YOUR personal benchmark? Why? Why should anyone prove anything to you? What are you going to do? Keep whining about the evils of man? You include yourself in that? Probably not, I'm gonna guess you're that exceptional paragon of morality that deserves to judge the rest of the race because having nothing but disdain for your fellow man means that it's never on you to have to prove your own worth. Piss off and quit being such a massive wiener. 

Good points, benny is far from some impartial pure judge as they allude to be.

11 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

That actually made me laugh out loud >>

I prefer to focus on realistic positives and positivism ;)

The "solutions" that we're trying to implement now funnily enough are mostly to try to fix problems created by previous "solutions". Unsurprisingly these new "solutions" are creating many more problems of their own (eg "renewables" relying heavily on rare earth minerals extraction/processing which is one of the most toxic industries on earth as well as using much more nonrenewable energy and material in general to achieve the same results). Notice a pattern?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised: when all you have is a hammer, every problem must be a nail eh?

You're right though, you're not talking about how to "fix" the world overnight. Fortunately the natural world will likely fix itself over thousands or millions of years after human civilization ceases to function.

The questions are then:

-When will the tipping point happen and what will be the final straw?

-What complex organisms (humans or other) are the most likely to survive and in what numbers/timescale?

-What is the most likely length of recovery for the level of biodiversity to return to its previous height?

-How much biomass from current organisms is salvageable for other surviving species to utilize over the long term (thousands to millions of years)?

I'll expect a written report on my desk in the morning ^.^

EDIT: I'll add that I agree that there are things you can do to make a small difference in the short term, especially for the people you care about.

Ha! Fair enough...I won't bother arguing further with logical realism on how the world will return to homeostasis with the eventual decline of organism populations through time (...is what I got from all that, anyways)

IMO I do like to look at humanitarian issues in the present tense with solutions resolved with a balance of logos and pathos

17 minutes ago, Vallium said:

Ha! Fair enough...I won't bother arguing further with logical realism on how the world will return to homeostasis with the eventual decline of organism populations through time (...is what I got from all that, anyways)

Actually when a species goes into overshoot its numbers crash rather than slowly decline. The more severe the overshoot the more severe the crash.

The Earth used to be able to support several million humans living as hunter gatherers, and currently there are around 7.5 billion humans using far more resources per capita on a more depleted/polluted Earth if that gives you any indication of what to expect.

17 minutes ago, Vallium said:

IMO I do like to look at humanitarian issues in the present tense with solutions resolved with a balance of logos and pathos

I suppose that's how most people look at things. Never hurts to look at practicalities though ;)

EDIT: Logos appeals can cover practicalities occasionally, but more often than not I see people proposing solutions that appear good on paper but are not viable in reality.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

You see, hatred isn't useful at all. It's always destructive, and usually precludes reason.

I don't think hate describes this well, even though it was a word used. Hate has caused a lot of good through history. As Elie Wiesel eloquently said, "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

The person full of spite can change the world for the better just as much as a person full of love for others can take it a step back; the only constant is the person indifferent to it all.

15 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

WHY are people misanthropic? What are the truths behind their misanthropy? What can misanthropes teach the human race to help it improve?

These are good questions. One should ask these kinds of questions about any group.

Would you be okay with clearly answering each one in your words? That would actually be pretty cool.

Greed, war, crime, etc. But so many of those things are AGREED as bad. I hate these things as much as the next guy. But yes, it's environmental issues that upset me the most, and that is because these are the issues that have been swept aside the most, and even worse. We have media and such basically portraying all non-human life as evil and worthless while depicting us in this narcissistic image as god's golden miracle. And, what do you know, the one badguy human is usually MISANTHROPIC. Not to mention all the times people TRY to help animals, people ALWAYS find an excuse as to why they're horrible people for doing so.

I wanted to break this whole section of thought down and ask specific questions, but I am not sure how to do that.

If nothing else, could you try and explain the last two sentences? Are you talking about how people like Elves/ELFS and related groups were and are treated and them being called the biggest terrorist threat right up until they decided it was actually groups like Al-Qaeda simply because groups like that were hurting corporate profits?

The only time people are defended for "helping" animals is if those people "helping animals" are SLAUGHTERING HUNDREDS of them! Yes, that's how humans are "helping" animals these days: hunting! We slaughter "overpopulated animals," yet we slaughter ENDANGERED animals too! Lions, elephants, rhinos, tigers, wolves... and yet the one creature that's more overpopulated than almost any other creature on planet Earth is the ONE ****ING CREATURE we don't even bother trying to control, not even with breeding limits: I'm sorry, but that's OUR OWN species.

Much of the fact that the human population is increasing at all in any place rather than decreasing is socioeconomic. This would suggest correcting the socioeconomic positions and relations that cause population growth with the socioeconomic positions and relations that cause population decline would be the best way to fix this. The idea that human overpopulation is a problem that cannot be solved without population control - like breeding limits - started with Malthus as kind of a precursor to some of the tenets of Social Darwinism. As you might know, Social Darwinism isn't even discussed much in modern philosophy, anthropology, sociology, or biology simply because it is an idea with no backing, no true hypotheses or predictions, and very little support from any credible individual in any related field. Most of Social Darwinism's supporters are economists and political writers.

Why do you think population controls would work, though? Was this just something you thought would be common sense? If so, it is okay to start there, but I would recommend you look into it.

Another thing I hate is that most of these hunters who SUPPOSEDLY care so ****ing much about animals won't lift a finger for them unless they get to kill them. They're perfectly fine with shooting a dear right in the face, but when it comes to seeing animals mistreated for no reason, they don't ****ing care! They're fine with cruel meat farms, fur farms, and several other practices where animals lose their lives, yet when people actually stand up to tyranny towards animals, THAT'S when they *****!

I understand your emotions on this issue, but I can tell you might not have looked thoroughly into this. Be careful when talking about things you hate. It is okay to hate them, but understand them. Be an expert in them. Know everything about things you hate so you can do the best possible work in deconstructing and eliminating the things you hate.

Just to emphasize that point - as somebody has already noted - hunters don't shoot deer in the face.

It can be kind of frustrating trying to understand something you hate, but I don't know of a better way to get started on fixing the things you hate.

I don't like feeling this way: I want to find a reason to feel GOOD about humans. I want to see beyond the killing and slaughter and narcissism, and I want to see where humans are actually doing GOOD for other life that isn't hunting. ...I just want a reason to feel better about the human race.

Forget hunters for a second. If you really want to see that, I tried to find it for you. I just found stuff on reddit, but I tried to do this stuff fast. If you want more stuff, I can try and find more for you later. And if this isn't the right kind of stuff, that's fine.

Here's r/Restoration_Ecology, which might fit that bill at times. Maybe other ones like r/Conservation would help?

Would you possibly be interested in ways people are trying to limit their impact on other life? Many of the people sitting over at r/Aquaponics seem to be into it exactly for that.

That's just environmental stuff, which I am not really well-versed in. I should try more. If you want humans doing well for other humans, though, I've got you on that if you want to see it.

For a while, I've felt so depressed and have gotten to the point where I hate humans so much that hearing of all these deaths done by hurricanes Harvey and Irma actually make me feel kinda happy inside knowing humans are dying.

I understand that hate can surface like this, but this is not a good thing. As you noted, you know this.

If it helps, many of the people suffering through the hurricanes want the world to be a better place. If you look at r/Aquaponics, you'll actually find that quite a number of the people there are getting into aquaponics as a way to limit their environmental impact, and many of them were right in the paths of the hurricanes. These are good people doing something to fix the world, and they got hurt.

As another example, Food Not Bombs is doing as much as they can - as far as I am aware - to feed individuals impacted by the storms. While that not be of much interest to you, they try to do this through using food that would otherwise go to waste in an effort to limit the waste through the whole system of production and supply that would have otherwise happened. I might help you feel even better if you knew that FNB was literally feeding people food that would have otherwise gone to waste for no reason in order to protest war, poverty, and greed.

...But NO! Hunters are ALWAYS there to make me feel WORSE about humans, to help me despise them more! Seriously, I don't ****ing care what your excuses or arguments in favor of hunting. I've heard every ****ing argument in the book. All defense against hunting does is confirm what I've grown to believe about my own species: that we're parasites. That we live for destruction. That we're too ****ing selfish to legitimately help animals that we have to convince ourselves that hunting is the only way to help them. As a result, hundreds of animals become endangered, go extinct, lose habitats, all while our own species grows and grows!

If I can impart any knowledge onto you, let it be that talking about any kind of constant human nature is a quick way to miss a lot about the world. As far as I am aware, no biologist, sociologist, anthropologist, or even philosopher knows of any consensus on the question, "What does it mean to be human?"

We were not made to destroy the world. We were not made to bleed the world dry. We simply are. What causes us to do these things are the cultures and societies we have built.

An amazing thing about those cultures and societies is that their construction means they can be changed. People resist those changes to their death, but it can happen.

Do you want to make it happen? What are you doing to make it happen? What will you do?

That is why I donate to animal charities and have stopped caring about human charities. With all the animals going extinct and endangered, and all the people who only care about humans donating to their cause, they can afford to have one person NOT donate money to them

This is one thing to do, but it isn't going to be enough. Is there something else you can do? Can you help local groups in other ways? Can you start your own groups? 

Remember, though, that many of the organizations that act for people are also acting for the environment. Food Not Bombs is a great example again. While they feed people, they explicitly state "Food Not Bombs is trying to inspire the public to participate in changing society and focus our resources on solving problems like hunger, homelessness and poverty while seeking an end to war and the destruction of the environment."

They are helping people, but they are also using the aid they provide to direct the people they help to become activists for the environment.

And all of this is because people REFUSE to show me the other side of humans. People REFUSE to show me when humans are selflessly helping animals and putting endangered species above criminals. People just INSIST on shoving hunting down my throat and making me feel worse about humans. And I've looked on google for a sign, all I find is demonization towards animals and people who care about them. Not one single case about humans saving a whole bunch of animals or bringing an animal back from the brink of extinction. All I see is demonization and hunting.

I severely doubt this. I don't know what else to say about this, but I doubt the notion.

I think one of the reddits I linked to might have examples of this kind of thing, though.

And don't even give me that "there are more good people then bad" argument, because a lot of people's opinions of "good human" include truly HORRIBLE humans, so right now I can only assume that's a myth.

I'm severely concerned that you have so routinely encountered horrible people. This seems like a severe combination of cognitive biases and unfortunate situations. What kind of environment are you in in real life and online?

8 hours ago, Nova said:

Saying people deserved to die during Irma is disgusting >:(

I'll admit that you are a person that is very hard for me to understand sometimes. I think it is mostly because I tend not to interact with the threads you do. 

Sometimes I just have to agree with you when our paths cross, though.

7 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I live in the rural parts of the deep south and I don't hear about hunting very much

I also think this might have to do with your environment. I can't escape hunting where I am, and I get targeted advertisements for hunting even though I very much don't advocate hunting for any people that does not need it to survive. Most major malls around here even have entire stores dedicated to hunting, and most "superstores" have a huge section dedicated to hunting that is constantly being used.

11 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Yup. One and the same.

14.png.75ef487080189fa620b6f70d41b0e323.png

Stop. lol
Don't even attempt to placate or pacify him. He's been doing this for years across 8+ furry forums. Banned from several. Mocked by everyone. 
He can't think rationally which is why he puts himself on the level of Westboro Baptist Church with a level of edginess that's like Shadow and Reaper putting on the Potara earrings. 

---

And Benny, NO ONE is putting hunting in your fucking face. There were zero topics on hunting on this forum until you came around and started hammering the topic with great vengeance and furious anger. lmao
YOU'RE the one shoving it in peoples face, you edgy nerd. YOU'RE the one obsessed with it. No one here gives a shit about it, but you.

I'll usually try at least once to be nice and help if I know how, but knowing this and some other stuff almost made me not do that in this case.

Fine if they're a gay person asking others not to say that word in any way. Gay individuals everywhere are a marginalized group because the nature of nearly all the institutions they use and inhabit involves their exclusion in some way. Asking people that aren't gay to limit their use of the word to limit the exclusion gay individuals experience in this case is okay.

But as a fucking furry acting in the interest of furries? No.

"Almost" because maybe, I hope, this is somebody that is either a troll or simply does not know. If not for them in the first case, I'd like whatever information I thought would be useful for them to get out there.

11 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

...positivism...

6 minutes ago, Vallium said:

...logical realism...

I do not approve of metaphysics and alternatives being mentioned on this forum in any way at all, be it in passing, by accident, or in honest discussion. That is not allowed.

Unless it is in the post in which I discussed them a while back. Because I am allowed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MalletFace said:

I do not approve of metaphysics and alternatives being mentioned on this forum in any way at all, be it in passing, by accident, or in honest discussion. That is not allowed.

Unless it is in the post in which I discussed them a while back. Because I am allowed.

We were talking about the opposite of metaphysics ;P

1 hour ago, MalletFace said:

I don't think hate describes this well, even though it was a word used. Hate has caused a lot of good through history. As Elie Wiesel eloquently said, "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

The person full of spite can change the world for the better just as much as a person full of love for others can take it a step back; the only constant is the person indifferent to it all.

I can't help but think of this silly quote:

Can confirm what Pachi said. Dude has strong history with this kind of shit.

He doesn't want a discussion.
He just wants to yell into public spaces, to entertain the delusion that someone else with an animal avatar will eventually chime in, agreeing "Yes, that is totally a reasonable point of view, to hate the entire human species and to want everything to revolve around the glorious furry Master Race! You poor misunderstood individual!"

And when he doesn't get that, he'll pick a few fights, probably take it too far, probably get infracted or suspended,
and then move on to the next furry site.

Rinse. Repeat.

• Like 5

@MalletFace

it still probably fell on deaf ears to the OP but a very interesting post! I couldn't bring up good examples such as those organizations so I'm glad they came up

(Also Nova is just Nova, he's not very eloquent with how he words things at time (I.e exaggerating this guy as "the worst person to exist") Though he's pretty well educated and I agree with what he has to say most times, lol)

4 hours ago, Vae said:

Can confirm what Pachi said. Dude has strong history with this kind of shit.

He doesn't want a discussion.
He just wants to yell into public spaces, to entertain the delusion that someone else with an animal avatar will eventually chime in, agreeing "Yes, that is totally a reasonable point of view, to hate the entire human species and to want everything to revolve around the glorious furry Master Race! You poor misunderstood individual!"

And when he doesn't get that, he'll pick a few fights, probably take it too far, probably get infracted or suspended,
and then move on to the next furry site.

Rinse. Repeat.

Like, this is the same dude who hated me over disliking a video game and made some vendetta over it. Throwing it in my face at multiple opportunities over the false assumption I didn't like the game for being furry. Even though the game's character designs was one of the light praises I even gave it. When someone throws "fake furs" around in an attempt to shame folks like that's a real insult or blows a gasket over "furfag" like people exploded on PewDiePie for saying "nigger" (which furfag is not in any way remotely equal to), the only thing left to do is retort with ridicule.

What has it been, 5 years now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Like, this is the same dude who hated me over disliking a video game and made some vendetta over it. Throwing it in my face at multiple opportunities over the false assumption I didn't like the game for being furry. Even though the game's character designs was one of the light praises I even gave it.

Which game? I can only think of Dust.