Why I'm misanthropic and why I hate hunters.

BennyJackdaw

2 minutes ago, BennyJackdaw said:

If I think someone deserves to be befriended, I will try. But at the same time, is shoving the person's problems down their throat and amplifying them to the umpteenth degree any better?

That's just losing a fight you picked in the first place. I don't know what else you'd expect when you angrily dump all your issues at strangers' feet like they were meant to be fixing you all along.

43 minutes ago, Wolflich said:

That's just losing a fight you picked in the first place. I don't know what else you'd expect when you angrily dump all your issues at strangers' feet like they were meant to be fixing you all along.

No one ASKED you to fix all my problems for me, however instead of giving legitimate advice, you people instead resorted to making me feel like dirt, and you stand by this fucked up logic to justify the fact. I didn't "lose a fight I picked" since the only reason there was even a fight in the first fucking place was due to asinine remarks and bullying.

There's one more problem. When someone does what I've done, it's not any particular person's "job" to help that person, yet some people do anyway. I have a problem that, unfortunately, I cannot solve by myself since it requires seeing other people, seeing if anyone else shares some of my pain, or if anyone is working to solve the problems I have with the world. Some people are like that: they help people and try to understand them.

On the other hand, there are people who see someones problems and arguments and go "La la la, not listening!" These people are a dime a hundred, and it feels like for every helpful person out there, there's hundreds that don't fucking care, which really doesn't help my view of people as I see these kinds so often. Unfortunately, most of you who have posted have done just that. Every time I make an argument, you shove your fingers in your ears singing "La la la, fuck off."

10 minutes ago, BennyJackdaw said:

No one ASKED you to fix all my problems for me, however instead of giving legitimate advice, you people instead resorted to making me feel like dirt, and you stand by this fucked up logic to justify the fact.

You came in here demanding validation,
which isn't our responsibility to give.
No one here is obligated to give a shit about you, or your personal issues. You've done absolutely nothing to earn it.

You started spewing bullshit on a random, vaguely "furry" community about humanity being parasites, and being happy that people were dying, but then turning around and crying "WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN" in the same breath.
Think before you act.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, BennyJackdaw said:

No one ASKED you to fix all my problems for me, however instead of giving legitimate advice, you people instead resorted to making me feel like dirt, and you stand by this fucked up logic to justify the fact. I didn't "lose a fight I picked" since the only reason there was even a fight in the first fucking place was due to asinine remarks and bullying.

There's one more problem. When someone does what I've done, it's not any particular person's "job" to help that person, yet some people do anyway. I have a problem that, unfortunately, I cannot solve by myself since it requires seeing other people, seeing if anyone else shares some of my pain, or if anyone is working to solve the problems I have with the world. Some people are like that: they help people and try to understand them.

On the other hand, there are people who see someones problems and arguments and go "La la la, not listening!" These people are a dime a hundred, and it feels like for every helpful person out there, there's hundreds that don't fucking care, which really doesn't help my view of people as I see these kinds so often. Unfortunately, most of you who have posted have done just that. Every time I make an argument, you shove your fingers in your ears singing "La la la, fuck off."

Asking would have been a step up from what you did, which was basically just to be angry and self-important at a bunch of people who have no reason to expend an ounce of effort on you. It's like you've had a few well-meaning people in your life be far kinder and more understanding to you than you did anything to warrant and now you've mistaken their selflessness for the minimum that you deserve. If your default position on people is that you hate them, then no, the overwhelming majority of them are not going to care. They have no reason to.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

All I have to say about this whole thing, is that all of this could have been avoided and I mean all of it, if you focused on the things you love and enjoy way back in your introduction thread, instead of the things you hate. Think on that. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

You came into the thread calling us filth and scum and talking about how much you hate us. Us. Human beings. You made it abundantly clear we mean nothing to you but you want US to put out an effort to change your mind? I genuinely do not understand your logic. 

Do you help? Do you try to understand others? Hard to believe you do when you admit you're happy to hear people died. 

People on this site are always willing to help each other, there are always people here who are kind and sympathetic. I've never been treated badly on this forum and I am far from being a nice person. You have to be really truly awful for people around here to legitimately resent you.

You hate us. You made it abundantly clear coming in that you have nothing but the utmost contempt for us. Why would we give you anything but the same in return? You expect people to be better to you than you are to them, and that's not how it works. 

Lemme break it down for you.

You: Humans are scum! I hate everyone! I'm glad people are dead!!! RAAAAAAA
Us: You're a shitbag
You: Why won't you make an effort to understand why I'm a shitbaaag????

Can you seriously not follow how it's your own fault people don't want to go out of their way to help you? I mean if all we're going to get is insults and abuse then where's our motivation to help? You complain that we refuse to show you the good in humanity but you're the one who absolutely refuses to prove that our kindness wouldn't just be wasted. If people who have been nice to you in the past haven't made you a better person then nothing we do is going to help. 

Take everyone's advice and go see a therapist. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Can you seriously not follow how it's your own fault people don't want to go out of their way to help you? I mean if all we're going to get is insults and abuse then where's our motivation to help? 

Honestly, this is him in a nutshell with every interaction.
The first time I ever met the guy was him trying to grill me on something only to then slap a judgement/label on me based on a personal preference. He doesn't actually want, nor does he listen to any reasonable answers. I almost think he enjoys his self inflicted misery.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BennyJackdaw said:

Bih and we never ASKED you to come to this forum and rant about your edgy phase and hate for humans.

Like for gods sake, did you really think we normal beings would support your edgy thought. I THINK THE FUCK NOT .

You have luck that you still have your weave because I would have snatched it long ago

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Bih and we never ASKED you to come to this forum and rant about your edgy phase and hate for humans.

Like for gods sake, did you really think we normal beings would support your edgy thought. I THINK THE FUCK NOT .

You have luck that you still have your weave because I would have snatched it long ago

Nova, you crack me up every time. Never stop.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Honestly, this is him in a nutshell with every interaction.
The first time I ever met the guy was him trying to grill me on something only to then slap a judgement/label on me based on a personal preference. He doesn't actually want, nor does he listen to any reasonable answers. I almost think he enjoys his self inflicted misery.

He has to be doing this shit on purpose. No one is that willfully oblivious right? Right????? ;n; 

44 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

He has to be doing this shit on purpose. No one is that willfully oblivious right? Right????? ;n; 

Considering his long history of doing this, if it's constructed, it's really obsessive.

The line's been crossed way too far from "potentially trolling" into "legitimately fucking insane" at this point.

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

well I mean @Tsuujou has been saying that since page 1 and he apparently seems familiar with this nerd so......

Vae too. Toshabi as well.

2 hours ago, Conker said:

OP needs a good joint and some black metal.

OP needs some buns, that's what he needs. I don't say that often, but that can really loosen a motherfucker up.

5 hours ago, Nova said:

The gods have blessed me with a new champion.

• Like 4

So you say you love your friends and family, you do know they are also human and part of this entity called humanity, right? Would your feelings of humanity getting hit by a hurricane change if it was your friends and family there being killed, devastated, hurting from loss, thrust into poverty and fighting for survival?

Also, you missed all the reasons presented to you, but if you needed more, I found this the other day:

http://cheezburger.com/3617797/50-feel-good-facts-moments-and-memes-to-make-your-day-a-bit-brighter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QT Melon said:

What kind of person comes to a forum full of humans hoping to bond over hating their own kind? 

Maybe there are misanthropy forums out there, with humans bonding over how much they simultaneously hate each other?

...imagine the forum drama

Skipping everything in this post short of the title, I'd opt for a world where we didn't pretend ourselves to be saviours of an environment that we fucked up in the first place. Acting as though we are the all-mighty regulatory force that keeps this planet ticking along is fucking bull-shit, the fucking junk rhetoric that is spewed out by special interest groups condoning horrible actions for the sake of pleasure, and others claiming to be some kind of harmless entity just picking off of the top of existing wildlife. Go fuck yourselves, all the way.

Somehow, for billions of years, this planet has existed with life, and we weren't a part of it. Somehow, this planet has been through some serious shit, survived it, and kept on ticking. The fucking mindset that we are supposed to act as some kind of regulatory force in the management of entire populations, that without us, the entire world would fall into some sort of serious imbalance and everything would be fucked, it's garbage. That'll happen no matter what, you fuck the synchronization of how this entire planet operates, it stops working, shit goes back to square one, and we're definitely not on a small enough scale to be a part of that. It's been shown in history time and time and time again.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wrecker said:

Skipping everything in this post short of the title, I'd opt for a world where we didn't pretend ourselves to be saviours of an environment that we fucked up in the first place. Acting as though we are the all-mighty regulatory force that keeps this planet ticking along is fucking bull-shit, the fucking junk rhetoric that is spewed out by special interest groups condoning horrible actions for the sake of pleasure, and others claiming to be some kind of harmless entity just picking off of the top of existing wildlife. Go fuck yourselves, all the way.

Somehow, for billions of years, this planet has existed with life, and we weren't a part of it. Somehow, this planet has been through some serious shit, survived it, and kept on ticking. The fucking mindset that we are supposed to act as some kind of regulatory force in the management of entire populations, that without us, the entire world would fall into some sort of serious imbalance and everything would be fucked, it's garbage. That'll happen no matter what, you fuck the synchronization of how this entire planet operates, it stops working, shit goes back to square one, and we're definitely not on a small enough scale to be a part of that. It's been shown in history time and time and time again.

Yep it's annoying to be around environmentalists especially, who pretend or even delude themselves into thinking they are stewards of the Earth.

Fortunately there are organisms that appear to be on the rise thanks to humans: jellyfish and radiotrophic fungus among others.

This comes at the cost of biodiversity, with complex organisms suffering the most (including humans in time).

19 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

This is -absolutely- the funniest thing I have seen on this site to date. 

I'm so done right now.

it reminded me of R.D. Mercer.

"I'm just gonna come down there, snatch you bald-headed, and then whoop your ass for being bald."

Fucking died when I first heard that.

12 hours ago, Wrecker said:

Okay yeaah but why are you guys hating on environmentalists? Sure, the world would be better off without humanity and nothing we can do is going to 100% reverse damage unless humanity stops being so populous, but that doesnt change the fact that humanity still exists RIGHT NOW, 

Why are you shitting on environmentalists and humanitarians trying to maintain a sense of balance when if there weren't any humans that made any attempts at all more species would go extinct, more land would be destroyed, and more damage would be done?

I'm pretty annoyed by the anti-humanitarian rhetoric on the basis of evolutionary timeline of the planet making it irrelevant

Would you rather all the environmentalists, ecologists, and researchers stop doing their jobs because it doesnt matter? Jeez...

• Like 3

"I'm gonna skip everything else about the thread except the title, because I want to preach about my own pet issues instead of starting my own thread."
Stay classy, Phoenixed.

Benny, why do you feel like you deserve to have people make you feel better, if you're human, and thus a parasite that only does harm according to your own logic?
That's what I don't get.
Why do you think you're the exception? Why do you think you don't count?
You're not running a wildlife reserve. You're not housing a ton of animals from "evil hyoomans" that I'm sure your parents wouldn't let you keep at their place anyway.

If you're gonna have extremist views like this, at least make them consistent.
Why are you not subject to your own logic?

41 minutes ago, Vae said:

Why are you not subject to your own logic?

They never are. Whenever I see people like this, who are self-labled misanthropes, they always talk from a level of superiority. Like they're some super woke observer who sees the world "as it really is." There's something really narcissistic in the way they view themselves compared to humanity.

It's always OUR job to prove that we're worthy of love, respect, empathy or compassion. 
It's never THEIR job to prove to us that they have the same worth and value they're demanding of us. We're just supposed to be immediately open and sympathetic.

And some of them will pull out the whole "I don't value myself," or "I think I'm worthless" but it's all bullshit. They might have low self esteem but no matter how "worthless" they think they are, they still view everyone else around them with contempt. Their friendship has to be earned. Others have to prove worthy of their compassion. You can't claim worthlessness and then turn around and impose a value standard on the rest of the planet.

I can never fully buy that these "misanthropes" really believe their own bullshit. I can only really view it as trolling, total narcissism or attention seeking. Either way, I don't fully buy that they actually hate humanity as much as they claim, because they keep seeking validation.  

13 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

They never are.

I understand this. I think most people in this thread already understand this.

But I am asking Benny, because I want his own take on why he thinks this is legitimate, from his POV. I want his justification for it.

Not that I expect him to answer anyway, because he hasn't read most of this thread. But the point stands.

• Like 1

Wow there's a lot of Teal Deer in that first post I don't even want to deal with, unless hunting it counts.

I think I've become an even more fan of people hunting than before. When I'm out driving the suburbs of Detroit at night, doing my work deliveries, I see deer on a weekly basis. If I haven't seen at least one deer a week it's a miracle. Sometimes I see small herds of them.

This is in the SUBURBS. Deer.. white tailed deer, in the suburbs. Why? Because landscaping is like crack to them, especially the stuff that stays green all year round while their usual food sources are buried under snow. Plus, no hunters in the burbs. And to think the whiny liberal animal lovers locally shrieked like bitches when local city governments talked about deer culls.

It kinda makes me wish people could hunt in the burbs but it's not allowed for the obvious reason that it's unsafe and someone would likely get hit by a stray bullet. But part of the reason there's deer in the burbs is because of overpopulation. Deer have few natural predators in lower Michigan besides maybe coyotes, all the wolves are in the UP and Canada. Only predators now are vehicles.

That's one of the biggest benefits of hunting, it helps control the deer population. Permits in Michigan for hunting are often based on estimates on the deer population size. Not only that, but all the hunters I have known are not the environment-destroying rednecks you think. Most respect the environment deeply. Most actually keep the meat off the deer they hunt, freeze it, and eat it all year round. Most actually try to use as much of the deer as possible. When I was subscribed to outdoor magazines that catered to hunters and fishers, there were also a lot of articles about land preservation, environmental causes, and national and state parks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Pissing into the wind is technically driving towards something, but it still accomplishes the same thing.

This is what the environmentalists, naturalists, and other ists have accomplished:

This isn't about facts so much is psychology. If the drive is "doesn't matter" people will go more wasteful than before and likely to do worse than before. It's not so much to do the reverse, but more to at least try to slow it down. I don't believe there will be a reversal. i also don't believe we're saving the world so much since the Earth will go on and exist with or without us. It is nicer to not have people just throw their shit where-ever the fuck they want because "fuck it, doesn't matter".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, QT Melon said:

This isn't about facts so much is psychology. If the drive is "doesn't matter" people will go more wasteful than before and likely to do worse than before. It's not so much to do the reverse, but more to at least try to slow it down. I don't believe there will be a reversal. i also don't believe we're saving the world so much since the Earth will go on and exist with or without us. It is nicer to not have people just throw their shit where-ever the fuck they want because "fuck it, doesn't matter".

Alright you get points for honesty for the bolded part, that certainly appears to be what most people care about.

Too bad sentiment doesn't count for anything when it comes to all those species extinctions or the environmental damage that has been done.

Nor does sentiment matter when other organisms are devouring your biomass when you die.

Nor does sentiment matter when your species drives itself to extinction by destroying the habitability of its environment for itself and many others (especially once the 400 reactors and 4000 fuel ponds can no longer be maintained) EDIT: & also operating a system that requires continual growth on a finite world to function.

Nor does sentiment matter when all your edifies to vanity turn to ruin and no other organism remembers you or your kind ever again.

Ruin-Pictures.jpg

EDIT: As for slow down, there is clearly no slow down when it comes to things like extinctions.

49 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Nor does sentiment matter when all your edifies to vanity turn to ruin and no other organism remembers you or your kind ever again.

Ruin-Pictures.jpg

EDIT: As for slow down, there is clearly no slow down when it comes to things like extinctions.

Dude, I fucking LOVE S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadows of Chernobyl. Count me in for that fucking future. 

P.S.- Get out of here S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vallium said:

Well, my neighbor just got stabbed. I'm not going to call the cops and paramedics because he's going to die at some point anyways, the paramedics can't stop death it's inevitable.

Clearly we're talking about different timescales and scales ;P

3 hours ago, Toshabi said:

Dude, I fucking LOVE S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadows of Chernobyl. Count me in for that fucking future. 

P.S.- Get out of here S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

My favorite was Stalker Misery, which recently got updated to version 2.2

The update was mostly about the inventory system though.

;33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

20 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Clearly we're talking about different timescales and scales ;P

Exactly my point,

Why ignore the present tense if it'll dissappear in the future? Because I want my clean waterways, extant species, and thriving ecosystems NOW, damn it!

Ecologists and environmentalists are doing their jobs for the life forms that exist RIGHT NOW

Nobody is going to be alive in the inevitable destruction of humanity from now to then so it's not like preservation isn't solely about singlehandedly saving the world with the power of human gooderness, even if some people do carry that motivation somehow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vallium said:

Exactly my point,

Why ignore the present tense if it'll dissappear in the future? Because I want my clean waterways, extant species, and thriving ecosystems NOW, damn it!

Ecologists and environmentalists are doing their jobs for the life forms that exist RIGHT NOW

They're doing their jobs?

On 10/10/2017 at 11:31 AM, WileyWarWeasel said:

4cf3455ccecb17447b018daad51d2d05--specie

World forest area as percentage of land area:

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/AG.LND.FRST.ZS

They do help the odd bit of land or the occasional species, but overall the effects of their efforts are negligible. I guess it's better than nothing, technically.

1 hour ago, Vallium said:

Nobody is going to be alive in the inevitable destruction of humanity from now to then so it's not like preservation isn't solely about singlehandedly saving the world with the power of human gooderness, even if some people do carry that motivation somehow.

No, preservation seems to be about trying to preserve a marketable species (eg pandas and whales) while letting others die.