TGS 2017 (Japanese E3)

TrishaCat

Tokyo Game Show has finally started, and its already having some heavy hitter announcements.

Square Enix announced the survival shooter "Left Alive" is now in development for PS4 and PC with a release date set for 2018. Some interesting information:

• Director: Toshifumi Nabeshima (Armored Core)
  • Producer: Shinji Hashimoto (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts)
  • Character designer: Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Mech designer: Takayuki Yanase (Xenoblade Chronicles X, Gundam 00)

Trailer:

Sony also showed off some new footage of the upcoming Shadow of the Colossus Remake, which is currently set for release in 2018. Trailer:

In addition to this, Konami announced that Cygames (Shadowverse, Granblue Fantasy) is working on an HD VR-supported Zone of the Enders 2 port for PS4 and PC which is slated for release in Spring 2018. Trailer:

And finally, the last of the major TGS announcements for the day is Monster Hunter World's release date. Capcom announced that it would be coming out January 26, 2018 on PS4 and Xbox One, with the PC version slated for a later date. Trailer:

This is just the first day of TGS too, so there's sure to be more major announcements on the way. Anyone excited? I already think this is better than E3 was. Left Alive in particular hits all the right spots. Its not everyday Square develops a new IP, especially one that isn't a JRPG. The Metal Gear art, the team behind it, the mecha...I love it. I'm also somewhat excited for ZoE2 since I never got to play those games, but I'm also disappointed because it doesn't make any sense to make a re-release of 2 without 1. Not when the games already had an HD release on last gen consoles with both games bundled.