delivery couriers

phaolfal

there is a courier called my hermes, their drivers are self employed and use their own vehicles to deliver in their local area. my family and me has had all sorts of problems with them in the past, as our local driver refuses to deliver to us. naturally, living in a farm our driveway is a bit bumpy and rocky, but any vehicle can drive up it fine. even the postman in his pretty low van. this local driver doesnt come back 3 times like they are supposed to do and every time he will just say he cant come up the driveway. i ordered something on amazon on thursday with next day delivery so i can get it before i head away for work on sunday night as i work away all week. i got home about 10pm of friday night and found i did not get my parcel, i looked at my emails and saw amazon used hermes to deliver and then i immediately knew why it hadn't come.  Saturday it didn't come either. we have complained about our driver before, to the extent that the local warehouse manager personally came and delivered our parcel and found nothing wrong at all with our driveway, he came in a low down hatchback too! so i went online, opened the live chat (because apparently you cant just ring them anymore) and complained, they looked at my parcel info and confired its being sent back to amazon already! they then said is it wasnt their problem and id have to take it up with amazon! even though they are the ones who are supposed to be delivering it. so not only am i not getting my package in time i have paid next day delivery for nothing.. i really wish amazon gave you a choice of couriers to use.