Been over a year, since Ricky died

Fossa

I was just thinking its been over a year now since Ricky the Rabbit died, and how sad it all was. It was funny, as he could be so abrasive at times, and in ways, we seemed like a really mis-matched set of friends. And yet, there was some certain bond that's hard to explain, especially all those late night phone calls, lots of laughing, when he was in some tent-city in Washington. He had the cutest voice on the phone, and I recall he'd sometimes ask advice about relationships, and he'd seem so shy and vulnerable then.

Then he moved to NJ, and we were gonna meet, but then, that odd call from the hospital...and we never did.

I remember him saying, "I really need to get sober...", and looking back, I wish I would have done more.

Anyway, I miss that damn, crazy rabbit...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Wait, Ricky died?  Damn, I didn't know.

Yeah, I was thinking of it today when I looked at a list of my 'followers' on FA, and saw him there.

What was amazing to me, is how much he enjoyed life, even at his 'lowest' point: he used computers at libraries, read a lot, knew places to shower, eat, and kept up his looks, went to the YMCA and worked out. It was so curious to me, how much he still did and loved doing things, even while in that homeless period, and didn't let him make him hopeless: he was always very optimistic and cocky, even if a wild one. That really made me think, how he managed that.

Well, I miss him.

7 hours ago, Fossa said:

Yeah, I was thinking of it today when I looked at a list of my 'followers' on FA, and saw him there.

What was amazing to me, is how much he enjoyed life, even at his 'lowest' point: he used computers at libraries, read a lot, knew places to shower, eat, and kept up his looks, went to the YMCA and worked out. It was so curious to me, how much he still did and loved doing things, even while in that homeless period, and didn't let him make him hopeless: he was always very optimistic and cocky, even if a wild one. That really made me think, how he managed that.

Well, I miss him.

So, er, how did he die? O.o

4 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

As far as I know, an OD of some kind. The hospital called me, as my name must have been on his phone, looking for next of kin and such, but they never really said; I'm just guessing, here.

But it's curious, how even after you die, your accounts on various sites still live on, and your follows and such.

Sometimes, and it's hard to say exactly why, I still will send a PM. Who knows, Maybe you still get PMs after you go, so I figured, well, why not?

• Like 1

Wow. If we're talking about the same Ricky who posted here infrequently, I let him stay over at my place once after a furry dance (because otherwise, he was planning on sleeping in his car, which struck me as risky as fuck) and then took him for breakfast, because he seemed like a nice, shy guy who needed TLC. We fell out of touch after that. Sorry to hear that he died. How sad.

On 10/21/2017 at 5:40 AM, AshleyAshes said:

I guess nobody here has the exact details but I would not be shocked if he got some heroin that was cut with fentanyl. That shit has been killing addicts like flies because it is much more potent than heroin, but cheaper and easier to obtain iirc.

My friends got some bad Ketamine that was cut with the stuff. One of them was hospitalized for several days, one of them spent over a day in the hospital. The third died in my best friend's driveway before the ambulance could arrive. It was really fucked up.