Had a horrible experience at a haunted house last night

VGmaster9

Last night I was visiting this haunted attraction called Brighton Asylum. I arrived there before 8 PM, and when I paid for my ticket (cost $33), my first available time was 10 PM. When our line came, we waited over two hours while the line before us (9 PM) was still moving. When I finally got into the attraction, it felt way shorter than it should've been (most people said it lasted 20 minutes, for me it lasted around 5). This was just the first attraction out of two of them, and I was so bewildered of how short the first one was and had no idea that there was a separate line for the second one, that I stopped caring and just went on home. I didn't even get any instruction that there was another line for it. I left the place just 10 minutes before 1 AM. I complained via email and they offered a free ticket for the weekend after the next, but I have no intention in going back after what I went through.

I was honestly expecting something like maybe you were robbed, or someone sexually assaulted you, or maybe you saw something no one should really deal with. Not that I want any of that to happen to you and I'm glad it didn't, but...first world problems? 

I dunno. Like I guess that's unfortunate, but this isn't really what I'd call a "horrible experience". More like just an inconvenience. :/

• Like 3

"They offered to recoup me, but I'd rather not go and actually try to have fun this time, and instead bitch on the internet about it."

K.

Also if this is what constitutes as "a horrible experience" for you, remind yourself to never go to any big events for anything. Because they're basically all like this.
The fun is just getting out and doing something.

@VGmaster9 Might as well go to an actual abandoned building, just be careful.

Even if ghosts existed and they once haunted Brighton Asylum, all the annoying tourists would've driven them out long ago.

3 hours ago, VGmaster9 said:

had no idea that there was a separate line for the second one

That was probably the complaints line for people like you ^_____^

30 minutes ago, Vae said:

"They offered to recoup me, but I'd rather not go and actually try to have fun this time, and instead bitch on the internet about it."

K.

Also if this is what constitutes as "a horrible experience" for you, remind yourself to never go to any big events for anything. Because they're basically all like this.
The fun is just getting out and doing something.

You must've missed the part where I mentioned about the wait. That's been a big problem for the attraction. Read the reviews of it, tons of people feel the same way. It uses this timed ticket bullshit that no other attraction of such I've been to had. Believe me, I've been to haunted attractions with VERY long waits, but they were much better organized. Last time I went to this place it was much different (was in 2015), the wait between the two attractions was actually INSIDE the building. How was I supposed to know it was so different?

51 minutes ago, VGmaster9 said:

You must've missed the part where I mentioned about the wait.

No. I didn't.

1 hour ago, Vae said:

remind yourself to never go to any big events for anything. Because they're basically all like this.

I still don't know what the point of bitching is if they gave you a recoup ticket.
Think ahead, and go on a day that's less busy.

2 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I was honestly expecting something like maybe you were robbed, or someone sexually assaulted you, or maybe you saw something no one should really deal with. Not that I want any of that to happen to you and I'm glad it didn't, but...first world problems? 

I dunno. Like I guess that's unfortunate, but this isn't really what I'd call a "horrible experience". More like just an inconvenience. :/

My horrible (also first and only) haunted house experience was me being six years old and begging and nagging my parents to take me to the one some of the base personnel were putting on in a disused hangar, because I was certain big badass six-year-old me could handle it.

1c5deca2ec3189449106b15eda59e46b6b5b0cd76de29518b39c62e07f769be6.jpg.cc23088a363f9c025f8137029713c115.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I would consider paying $33 for a subpar experience more than just an "inconvenience".

12 hours ago, Vae said:

I still don't know what the point of bitching is if they gave you a recoup ticket.
Think ahead, and go on a day that's less busy.

I don't want the ticket, I'm not going to go through that unnecessary waiting again. That's always been a problem with the attraction. Again, read the reviews.

4 hours ago, Plants said:

I think it's reasonable to be upset considering the price (not getting what you paid for) so I'd press them for a refund tbh. 

Yeah it's not the shittiest thing ever but for $33 for a haunted house? I better fuckin' die, irl

I've been to Pure Terror Scream Park which is a lot more expensive that this, and it was much better.

wait.. you were told your wait time would be a little over 2 hours, your wait time was over 2 hours, and you're mad about the wait time?  i'm confused.  you walked out without asking any questions, complained, and were given some kind of compensation despite the fault not really being on their end.  and given the time you started vs the time you left, it doesn't seem like you got out any faster than anyone else.  the only issue i can see is that you weren't instructed on going to the second line, which seems like p basic organizational shit that they should have had in place.

gimme ur tix tho hun cuz i never get to do anything or go anywhere and i'd love a free tour tbh

• Like 2

17 hours ago, VGmaster9 said:

Any financial conflict is more than an inconvenience.

They offered a recoup. Most other financial screw ups don't do that. You were probably scared so bad you shit your pants and ran away from the park scared while all the spooky clowns pointed and laughed as you left a trail of fecel matter behind you.

1e5.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gator said:

wait.. you were told your wait time would be a little over 2 hours, your wait time was over 2 hours, and you're mad about the wait time?  i'm confused.  you walked out without asking any questions, complained, and were given some kind of compensation despite the fault not really being on their end.  and given the time you started vs the time you left, it doesn't seem like you got out any faster than anyone else.  the only issue i can see is that you weren't instructed on going to the second line, which seems like p basic organizational shit that they should have had in place.

gimme ur tix tho hun cuz i never get to do anything or go anywhere and i'd love a free tour tbh

The wait was more like 4 hours. If the timed ticket system wasn't so broken then I would've considered taking the compensation. There have been many other people who had left without even going it, at least I was patient enough to actually go in. Here's one review from another customer on Google:

"Horrible experience , me my boyfriend and my friend came all the way from Easton PA . We got there at 9 pm our listing was until 11 we waited in line until 1 am the line was not moving at all , we ask the owner what happen with the lines and if we could use the tickets other day . We waited for his answer for 30 mins ohh and we never got an answer by the way. He basically ignored us and left us , horrible experience ever , disgusting customer service , never again"

39 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

They offered a recoup. Most other financial screw ups don't do that. You were probably scared so bad you shit your pants and ran away from the park scared while all the spooky clowns pointed and laughed as you left a trail of fecel matter behind you.

1e5.gif

The wait was way scarier than the attraction itself.

7 hours ago, VGmaster9 said:

The wait was more like 4 hours. If the timed ticket system wasn't so broken then I would've considered taking the compensation. There have been many other people who had left without even going it, at least I was patient enough to actually go in. Here's one review from another customer on Google:

"Horrible experience , me my boyfriend and my friend came all the way from Easton PA . We got there at 9 pm our listing was until 11 we waited in line until 1 am the line was not moving at all , we ask the owner what happen with the lines and if we could use the tickets other day . We waited for his answer for 30 mins ohh and we never got an answer by the way. He basically ignored us and left us , horrible experience ever , disgusting customer service , never again"

So you went to the attraction despite crappy reviews also.

I hope you've learned your lesson: don't waste money on gimmick attractions with crappy reviews and long lines.

Here's a nice abandoned place in Easton, Maryland:

a24a6d635c3fe2c06a9d78a31404af32--creepy

6 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

So you went to the attraction despite crappy reviews also.

I hope you've learned your lesson: don't waste money on gimmick attractions with crappy reviews and long lines.

Here's a nice abandoned place in Easton, Maryland:

a24a6d635c3fe2c06a9d78a31404af32--creepy

Now that's spooky (and probably dangerous).

• Like 1