Facebook's security is shit.

Crazy Lee

Last weekend I went to a very large convention that was split up between two buildings. The lead-up to the convention had been kinda shitty. Online orders showing up much later than they were supposed to, or not at all. One item I bought online was too small and the asshole I got it from wanted to give me a $5 refund out of $15. Problems finding someone to cover for me for work. I had to go in to work the Friday morning of the con to drop off stuff before I left and almost no one was there because they all went home extra early.

So, come Saturday evening. I was in one building, a large group of furries were in the other building 10 minutes away in the cold driving rain. We had a telegram group to communicate. I was in cosplay. I told the group I might not show up because of the rain. So one person I didn't recognize told me I should have brought a coat and acted as if I was being a baby. I told him that I was cosplaying. "So?" "Um, cosplayers don't usually carry coats around with them. If you were fursuiting would you be bringing a coat? Dumbass." He seemed to take offense to the name calling, or maybe he just wanted to troll, so he got snarky and pissy with me. I basically told him "whatever go fuck yourself." Which got him being even more snarky or bitchy at me. Which eventually set us calling each other names and yelling at each other in group Telegram.

I finally told him I didn't want to deal with him so I was blocking him. I went to block him and looked at his profile and figured out he was someone I knew on Facebook. Before I could figure out how to defriend him on FB as well, he had sent me a message on messenger calling me a cry baby and little boy. Cute. I said I was done arguing and your immature ass continues on Facebook. I made sure we weren't friends anymore on fb.

Couple days later, I was talking about my con experience on FB and mentioned the argument with him. Made sure it was Friends only, tried to block him from seeing it but his name wasn't coming up. His profile even said we weren't friends.

That evening, he comments ON THAT FRIENDS ONLY POST. Tries to claim I was all at fault, he was blameless, he was the mature one. The mature one continues to try to win the argument? Whatever. I was on my phone, and when I went to delete his comments, they had disappeared, although the comment count on that post was the same. So he blocked me and they disappeared from my view? Someone told me to block him, so I did so. Then he messaged me again on Messenger app, asking me why I blocked him, which was him trying to troll me again as he damn well knew why I blocked his ass. A mutual friend assures me that the post was public although I know it wasn't because I triple checked it. She also said that he told her "Ooo, he posted a public post, this gonna be good." in other word he was looking to troll me. 

What concerns me is this guy was friends with people I know in the fandom. Also, he has been known to show up to furmeets I go to. I plan to ignore him, but I worry he'll try to troll me there and I'll end up in jail because I threw him through a wall or something. 

Also, WTF Zucc? I stop being friends with someone and he can still see my friends-only posts? He comments on my fb posts and then his comments disappear, supposedly because he blocks me or something. So even though his posts are there, on MY account, I can't see them? And if I block him on FB, he can still contact me via Messenger android app? Derp? I swear, FB doesn't give a shit about your privacy settings, all they care about is selling your damn privacy to the highest bidder. Website's total cancer now.

• Like 1

So... Basically, as a major part of your convention experience, you invested time during and after the convention in a stupid internet fight?  See, you could sit at home and do that at ZERO cost on any other weekend.  To invest that time during a convention, which you are paying to attend and likely have other expenses involved, is moronic.

In short, the next time you're at a con and someone on the internet says something you don't like, SHUT THE FUCK AND GO TO A PANEL OR A SHOW OR SOMETHING ELSE AT THE CON THAT'S ACTUALLY FUN.  BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO TO A CON OTHER THAN TO DO STUFF LIKE THAT!?

5 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I swear, FB doesn't give a shit about your privacy settings, all they care about is selling your damn privacy to the highest bidder. Website's total cancer now.

Ding ding ding, we have our answer ;)

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

So... Basically, as a major part of your convention experience, you invested time during and after the convention in a stupid internet fight?  See, you could sit at home and do that at ZERO cost on any other weekend.  To invest that time during a convention, which you are paying to attend and likely have other expenses involved, is moronic.

In short, the next time you're at a con and someone on the internet says something you don't like, SHUT THE FUCK AND GO TO A PANEL OR A SHOW OR SOMETHING ELSE AT THE CON THAT'S ACTUALLY FUN.  BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO TO A CON OTHER THAN TO DO STUFF LIKE THAT!?

He's trying to become the next @Rassah/@Rtailah

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm sorry that you missed the point that this entire argument lasted 5 minutes or so, and then I blocked him on Telegram.

And then he contacted me on Messenger. So I ignored him and unfriended him on Facebook.

And then he commented on a FB post that I had friend's only, so I ignored that as well and fully blocked him on FB.

And then he messaged me again on Messenger. Which I ignored.

So, what part of I ended the argument after a few minutes of it and tried to ignore him for the rest of the con did you miss? I enjoyed most of the con, the argument and my stress for some time after was the main stain on it.

I mean, I'm legit trying to figure out how you completely missed that I argued with him for a very brief time, then blocked him, and he was the one who kept trying to perpetuate it days later, after I have decided to ignore it and leave it in the past? I guess my post was too TL;DR?

2 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Oh please, debate it. I want to hear how you're completely misunderstanding this entire situation. I may not reply right away, but I'll try got get back to you in the next few days. 

This... This is how the whole fight that you spent valuable con time on started... Isn't it? ^^;

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 7:51 PM, AshleyAshes said:

This... This is how the whole fight that you spent valuable con time on started... Isn't it? ^^;

I figured you were trying to troll me.
But, if you noticed it's like 2 weeks later since I answered this because I've been busy. Car repairs, a small tabletop con which was quite enjoyable, got some wins in 40k and d&d5. So am I wasting my time right now? Not if I have the time, and it's my time to choose to do with what I want. Had I wanted to waste my time arguing I probably would have checked in earlier instead of getting important things done and having a good time.

But, to answer your original post.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:41 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Basically, as a major part of your convention experience, you invested time during

Only about 5 minutes of actual argument, if that, and about 1 hour of being rather angry and agitated. So, out of 72 hours approximately of convention time, minus sleep and stuff which was about 20 or so hours, 52 hours of con, and 1 hour of that is.... 5.2% of the entire con. So yea.

after the convention in a stupid internet fight?

He continued to contact me, while I tried to ignore him. Or are you referring to me posting this thread. I think I posted this, what, a week after it happened? Replying now 3+ weeks later? So, when I actually have free time to reply. My free time to decide to do what I want with.

I spent 95% of the con while awake doing just that. Thanks.

Also, if I haven't mentioned it yet, when I was having my argument with this guy, my job had called me to say I had to work Sunday even though I had asked for all 3 days off, because my substitute broke her hand. It's up to my management to find replacements for me in that instance but they expected me to show up anyway. Had I been out of state I would have been screwed. I was able to get my cousin who works there to cover for me. But my job is balls and I need to find something better.