We desperately need a dislike button on posts. Opinions?

Revates

1 hour ago, QT Melon said:

While one part of me is a bit amused from the clusterfuck of posts,  there is another part a bit torn feeling that encouraging it as a moderator and letting it continue on is kinda fucked up.

Even more so since the thread topic is actually a good suggestion... :/

I think it's because literally nobody likes the asshole in question but they haven't actually done anything bannable

or something along those lines

• 4 weeks later...

One day, my annual Forumcheck will be a door into a room of good friends. I want you to all be friends. And while you may bicker and argue from time to time, as we are ought to, your affection for each other was still borne from battle scars you shall forever share.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jcstinks said:

One day, my annual Forumcheck will be a door into a room of good friends. I want you to all be friends. And while you may bicker and argue from time to time, as we are ought to, your affection for each other was still borne from battle scars you shall forever share.

we can be friends

On 1/7/2018 at 7:30 PM, jcstinks said:

I'm gay

• Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 9:30 PM, jcstinks said:

o no, the chuds on this forum hate me, my dude. 

once one hates someone to that degree, one will basically jump through any degree of mental gymnastics in order to misrepresent said person one loathes

>comes back from several months' absence to do literally nothing but troll and pick fights

>deliberately antagonizes everything that moves

>can't even be funny when doing it

>can't understand why everyone fucking hates them

So how's that extra chromosome working out for you @kazooie?

• Like 2

You may not like each other, but after all you've shared over the years, deep down, you know you still love each other. You all know know so much about your friends here, more than you dare tell anyone from "real life." I sincerely hope that, when anyone looks back, they remember the good times, the trust, and the honesty. It brings me a great sadness to see how few remember the friends we've rejected over the years. And I hope that someday we will appreciate the uniqueness of the connections we share.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Battlechili said:

You can be grating sometimes, but I don't hate you if that means anything.

Sorry, by "the chuds" I didn't mean the entire forum, aha. 

37 minutes ago, jcstinks said:

You may not like each other, but after all you've shared over the years, deep down, you know you still love each other. You all know know so much about your friends here, more than you dare tell anyone from "real life." I sincerely hope that, when anyone looks back, they remember the good times, the trust, and the honesty. It brings me a great sadness to see how few remember the friends we've rejected over the years. And I hope that someday we will appreciate the uniqueness of the connections we share.

Yea, I miss the old days of FAF too.

9 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

I mean the dude has paranoid delusions of reference, can't differentiate irreverent mockery from hatred, and routinely self-triggers himself by getting emotionally invested in internet arguments so my expert analysis is "not good" 

You are a good person, Chili is a good person, David is a good person, pretty much everybody who's passed through here is good. Many of my best friends here were made of glass, and sometimes angry or bitter, but that never mattered, since it didn't change who they were to me.

3 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

-- kazooie, Nazi sympathizer, 2018

I'm not sure who you are but I'm sure you have a positive quality in there somewhere, probably.

1 hour ago, jcstinks said:

You are a good person, Chili is a good person, David is a good person, pretty much everybody who's passed through here is good. Many of my best friends here were made of glass, and sometimes angry or bitter, but that never mattered, since it didn't change who they were to me.

It's a lot more complicated than that; I don't need to believe someone is evil or a bad person to not like them, and I have no problems admitting that I have fond memories of people I don't like now; I have fond memories of people who have done monstrous things to me even, but who they were to me then is irrelevant to my continued association with them.

To be honest, a lot of the reasons I don't like a lot of people can be traced right back to the fact that they fundamentally fail to grasp the fact that having views that diverge from theirs doesn't make someone evil. They elevate their values and preferences into moral absolutes, codify them into an identity, and devolve into sectarian zealotry. There are dozens of people I who I used to love bantering and laughing about silly fandom shit with who turned into neurotic, miserable, and frankly boring people who waste their precious time on Earth obsessing over abstractions that will never impact their day to day life.

I'm not a very sentimental person but I will admit that I lament this, the internet and the world on the whole is less fun than it used to be. Ultimately that just means I have to narrow my exposure to the people and things in it which still bring me joy, and everyone else can kiss my dick.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

they fundamentally fail to grasp the fact that having views that diverge from theirs doesn't make someone evil.

lol no

Say this with me: "It's O.K. for someone to be critical of something I'm sympathetic to"

Just because I might have been critical of

*those alt-righters carrying tiki torches & chanting "blood and soil", or

*Donald Trump's idiotic candidacy, or

*jontron getting in trouble for parroting white supremacist talking points, or

*r/the_redpil, or

*that really dumb equivalency between the gay marriage cake & neo nazis, or

*the autism 'farms, or

*someone getting driven to the point of near-suicide via. systematic hazing

Doesn't actually mean I think any of those parties involved are inherently evil. That's not how reality works.

20 hours ago, kazooie said:

lol no

Say this with me: "It's O.K. for someone to be critical of something I'm sympathetic to"

Just because I might have been critical of

*those alt-righters carrying tiki torches & chanting "blood and soil", or

*Donald Trump's idiotic candidacy, or

*jontron getting in trouble for parroting white supremacist talking points, or

*r/the_redpil, or

*that really dumb equivalency between the gay marriage cake & neo nazis, or

*the autism 'farms, or

*someone getting driven to the point of near-suicide via. systematic hazing

Doesn't actually mean I think any of those parties involved are inherently evil. That's not how reality works.

You can twist words all you want, but people don't obsessively oppose themselves like you do to things they don't think are evil.

Sane people don't, anyway ;3

Keep lecturing me about reality though, guy who thinks Trump is going to repeal gay marriage.

• Like 2

So the real question is... do we want a dislike button, I feel like we'd get a lot of use out of it, as my thread has proven nobody likes eachother's posts. So can I safely assume, everyone now agrees that we need one? Feedback please?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

Trump is going to repeal gay marriage.

No no no, see you don't get it. Trump isn't going to repeal gay marriage. He's going to repeal gay.
So...you know how you dance about these forums telling us you're gay?
Well, buddy, you and your man ass gawking ilk are about to be looking like my friend Cell here...

cell-dies-o.gif.c6d5dbe147ef21ef52e4fbb361ceeec9.gif

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

No no no, see you don't get it. Trump isn't going to repeal gay marriage. He's going to repeal gay.
Well, buddy, you and your man ass gawking ilk are about to be looking like my friend Cell here...

so this is how it feels... to be owned

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

"BUT I'M PERFECT!"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

That was legit like, the most overkill animation I've ever seen in any art form medium of killing someone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toshabi said:

That was legit like, the most overkill animation I've ever seen in any art form medium of killing someone.

DBZ deaths are the BEST shit in anime. When someone in DBZ dies, these people fucking die. You understand me? That fight is over. lmao

death-of-pure-evil-kid-buu-o.gif

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

The last season of black mirror sucked much like your posting.

Eh no joke for the most part this was the weakest of the Black Mirror seasons. However, Arkangel makes me think of this thread how people so intent on trying to censor an opinion, and trying their best to deflect things with stupid memes, makes me think they'd get an Arkangel chip just so they can put on that mosaic filter to reduce their cortisol levels.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:39 AM, Zaraphayx said:

Keep lecturing me about reality though, guy who thinks Trump is going to repeal gay marriage.

You do realize i never shut down the server where we had our political conversations.

Your weirdly delusional re-framing of my arguments don't really work against actual logs, aha

vvvv  Sent you the logs of our actual discussion, re: the supreme court & the fact obergefell passed 5-4. The argument had ***nothing*** to do with Trump and everything to do with the supreme court. Trump can't fucking repeal gay marriage.

2 hours ago, kazooie said:

vvvv  Sent you the logs of our actual discussion, re: the supreme court & the fact obergefell passed 5-4. The argument had ***nothing*** to do with Trump and everything to do with the supreme court. Trump can't fucking repeal gay marriage.

Hey dipshit do you think we would have even had the conversation you're referencing if there wasn't a disagreement over whether the outcome of the presidency would threaten the obergefell decision? 

And in your recollection of events, are you convinced that i was the one who was concerned that a Trump presidency posed a threat to social progress?

I knew you were paranoid and delusional, trying to rewrite history is a new one though lmao

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

Hey dipshit do you think we would have even had the conversation you're referencing if there wasn't a disagreement over whether the outcome of the presidency would threaten the obergefell decision? 

The entire conversation was a matter of a matter of "conservative supreme court justices" vs liberal. I never argued that Trump would repeal gay marriage. He fucking can't.

7 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

And in your recollection of events, are you convinced that i was the one who was concerned that a Trump presidency posed a threat to social progress?

???? His administration has been eroding LGBT rights. I was entirely correct to be suspicious of all of the morons fawning over that image of trump_rainbow_flag.jpg. But I never argued Trump would repeal gay marriage. He can't.

1 hour ago, kazooie said:

The entire conversation was a matter of a matter of "conservative supreme court justices" vs liberal. I never argued that Trump would repeal gay marriage. He fucking can't.

???? His administration has been eroding LGBT rights. I was entirely correct to be suspicious of all of the morons fawning over that image of trump_rainbow_flag.jpg. But I never argued Trump would repeal gay marriage. He can't.

His administration is doing no such thing and you're splitting hairs to avoid conceding that you were in hysterics over the election results. 

I'm not making fun of you for thinking that the president can overturn supreme court decisions. I'm making fun of you for thinking that a change in administration is going to result in the supreme court overturning the ruling; which you very much argued was plausible.

Maybe you should stick to posting memes because you're really bad at this.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

His administration is [not eroding LGBT rights]

lol

I'm making fun of you for thinking that a change in administration is going to result in the supreme court overturning the ruling

Still not what I argued, nor what I concluded.

which you very much argued was plausible.

You're almost there! See, I argued that, due to the close nature of the verdict (5-4), if some liberal judges ended up getting replaced with conservatives, it opened up the possibility of Obergefell being overturned, but was unlikely. With the added caveat that, even if Oblergeman was overturned, it wouldn't make gay marriage illegal. 

And, as we all know "possible for the courts, but unlikely, with caveats" is pretty much identical to the "TRUMP IS GOING TO REPEAL GAY MARRIAGE" position when u think about it...........................

1 hour ago, kazooie said:

lol

Yeah this is the reaction I have to everything you say too; only I'm actually laughing and you're just getting paranoid and muttering to yourself about echo chambers and how everyone is talking behind your back.

I'm not going to entertain your historical revisionism. You're a fucking nutbar and everyone who interacts with you can see it, posting paragraphs trying to give your behavior over the last year a retrospective makeover isn't going to change that. Only you can by admitting the truth to yourself, that you have this thing wrong with your brain where it makes everything you think and say retarded.

• Like 1