Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
axelthefox

Games you played,but forgot the name of.

Recommended Posts

I don't have any myself. All the games worth remembering from my childhood that I found well over 15 years ago and have fresh in my mind like SuperNova and Extreme-G. But everyone and I do mean everyone I ever talk to forgets Jet Force Gemini. 

"What was that one game on the N64? You played as like a guy, a girl, and their dog?"
As soon as I hear "Guy, girl, and-" I immediately know what game they're talking about because everyone describes it the same way. haha

Also, Out of This World is BULLSHIT. :C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was some game I played around the same time I first started playing Soul Reaver.
PS1 game, something about collecting souls or some shit. You warped between levels via portals. You were a witch doctor.

I just remember that, for the longest time, I just kept thinking that it was Soul Reaver, because the games and their atmospheres were incredibly similar.
But it wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vae said:

There was some game I played around the same time I first started playing Soul Reaver.
PS1 game, something about collecting souls or some shit. You warped between levels via portals. You were a witch doctor.

I just remember that, for the longest time, I just kept thinking that it was Soul Reaver, because the games and their atmospheres were incredibly similar.
But it wasn't.

Strangely enough I played the same game as well and got tired of the scavenger hunt for souls. I believe it was Shadow Man:

scan0001_1544.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Strangely enough I played the same game as well and got tired of the scavenger hunt for souls. I believe it was Shadow Man:

scan0001_1544.jpg

Looking it up on Wikipedia, the idea sounds similar enough.

I just specifically remember the character having dreadlocks (like a witch doctor) and something about a heart being cut out, and that having something major to do with the character. I specifically think it had to do with his wife or family being massacred or sacrificed or something.

But my memory could also just be shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've talked about it before but still can't find a name.

The idea was you played a series of small stages where you had to clear enemies to progress (and then maybe you had to move to an exit tile? I forget). You did this by moving into a tile which would cause 2 enemies to enter the same tile, and then they'd be destroyed. The enemies would always move into the tile that would get them closest to you so that's how you got them. Also if they hit an obstacle they'd die.

I seem to remember you played as a wizard? Kid Mystic comes to mind really really muchly but I looked that up and Spooky Castle is the only game that I found for that (great game too). I definitely remember some.of the enemies were stone people like in that stage in Super Mario 64 except they were people sized. It was 3D graphics and it was turn based IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vae said:

Looking it up on Wikipedia, the idea sounds similar enough.

I just specifically remember the character having dreadlocks (like a witch doctor) and something about a heart being cut out, and that having something major to do with the character. I specifically think it had to do with his wife or family being massacred or sacrificed or something.

But my memory could also just be shit.

Odd, apart from the dreadlocks and maybe the heart thing the rest applies to the main character (their family got killed or was it just their brother).

Memory is a funny thing >>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×