Hi...

Elphyda

5 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Hello! Welcome! And yep, you found one! This is indeed a furry community.

Could you tell us a bit about yourself? 

In any case, hope you enjoy your stay!

Well... I'm a bit of a quiet furry, in terms of that I don't actually... talk much.  I don't have any suits for numerous, uncontrolled reasons -- including that my furs are both immensely shorter than me (both around one metre tall), but I'm trying my paw at drawing and writing to make up for that.  I wanted to find a furry forum, because I honestly don't know that many furries outside of relationships etc.  I'm thinking if I'm able to get acquainted here, I'll add stuff like my dA, FA, and Discord ID in my profile thing, since I saw them as options.

What else, what else... I'm twenty-one years of age, but my furs are nineteen (my fennec fox) and sixteen (my bunlizard).  My avatar was drawn by my fiancé, as I'm not exactly... good at drawing furry stuff yet.  There are no renditions of my fox fur so far.

As a final, really random fact: I really like Skittles.

Hi and welcome!

You don't have to have a fursuit to be a furry, heh. I think most of the fandom doesn't, so I wouldn't worry about it much. Though if you really wanted a suit of your character, I wouldn't let something like height get in the way - it's already a costume of a creature that doesn't exist, as it is! ^^

And when it comes to art, we all have to start somewhere. It's always nice to see new people getting into drawing! We have a subforum here where people usually make sketchbook/art threads to post the stuff they make. If you'd like, feel free to make a thread for your art. 

https://phoenix.corvidae.org/forum/10-palette-town/

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the forums!

Over here, almost everyone I knew who is a furry either has, wants, or is making a fursuit.  I couldn't help but feel like it was kind of a staple, hehe... ^^;  I've been working with art for a good few years, but my "skill"(?) has shifted over the years from different styles of semi-realistic to manga to MLP when I was into that, and now I'm trying to switch to Furry.  IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm not too good yet, especially compared to others who haven't drawn specifically MLP for three to five years, but I'm trying to stay motivated for it.  I'll look into the art section to see if I can work up the courage. ^^

On 2/9/2018 at 9:27 AM, Elphyda said:

Well... I'm a bit of a quiet furry, in terms of that I don't actually... talk much.  I don't have any suits for numerous, uncontrolled reasons -- including that my furs are both immensely shorter than me (both around one metre tall), but I'm trying my paw at drawing and writing to make up for that.  I wanted to find a furry forum, because I honestly don't know that many furries outside of relationships etc.  I'm thinking if I'm able to get acquainted here, I'll add stuff like my dA, FA, and Discord ID in my profile thing, since I saw them as options.

What else, what else... I'm twenty-one years of age, but my furs are nineteen (my fennec fox) and sixteen (my bunlizard).  My avatar was drawn by my fiancé, as I'm not exactly... good at drawing furry stuff yet.  There are no renditions of my fox fur so far.

As a final, really random fact: I really like Skittles.

Fursuits are kind of expensive, so I don't blame you. Furry encompasses so many different things, haha.  Its cool that you're an artist! Drawing is kind of hard, so even if you're not very good, the fact that you try alone is admirable. If you ever do decide to, it'd be really cool for you to show off some of your artwork here. Its always interesting seeing different artist's works.

Also your avatar is kind of adorable, so I must congratulate your fiance on that. 

On 2/9/2018 at 1:57 PM, Elphyda said:

MLP

Out of curiosity, did you watch the recent MLP movie?

I'm trying to get the hang of drawing more, but it would be a lot easier if I had a way to do it digitally, hehe.  The thing that gets me most is how my eraser doesn't get absolutely everything away, and how my pencil has a knack for following erased lines due to the crease it made in the paper...

I have watched the MLP movie, at the request of my fiancée, and I actually really liked it.  The story was a little bland, but I really liked some of the characters in it, hehe.