Wrecker

Holy-o-fuck

This is fkn stupid, this forum is dead and a pile of the people I saw on the regular on F/A were here and they're not posting anymore in either. This is the end? I like Phoenixed better than F/A, but the bottom line is there has to be a place, or maybe not for those we all recognize, I don't know. Is everybody gone? Where are all the people? No more good stories?

So what now?

The solution to the community here, as it has always been, is just to create your own activity.
You can't force people to talk. The only thing you can do is bring up topics in hope of piquing their interest enough to comment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It is my goal to be the last person posting here and on FAF, so fear not! Your friendly neighborhood Chili will be here to the end! 

As for others, most people are on Discord these days. I recommend adding people on Discord if you wanna keep up with them.

22 hours ago, Wrecker said:

This is fkn stupid, this forum is dead and a pile of the people I saw on the regular on F/A were here and they're not posting anymore in either. This is the end? I like Phoenixed better than F/A, but the bottom line is there has to be a place, or maybe not for those we all recognize, I don't know. Is everybody gone? Where are all the people? No more good stories?

So what now?

F O R U M S  A R E  A  D E A D  M E D I U M

I keep saying this and people keep arguing and I keep being right.

Aligns perfectly with the rest of my life.

It's already far too late for anything meaningful to happen.

*I'm also not tempted to post on a forum where I know nobody is going to respond (or where I'll get some retarded,  snarky post)

Sure, I can just post memes until they shut up,  but that's not an actual discussion.

What are we talking about again?

Edit: I was bored

On 3/11/2019 at 12:16 AM, Zaraphayx said:

F O R U M S  A R E  A  D E A D  M E D I U M

You're not wrong, its just that forums are the far superior medium and allowing them to die will only cause the internet to further destroy itself

23 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

You're not wrong, its just that forums are the far superior medium and allowing them to die will only cause the internet to further destroy itself

The internet isn't 'destroying itself'.

It's being terraformed into cable television that you interact with.

The only thing that forums are superior for is comedy threads and dunking on people which isn't what most of the "I miss forums" people are sad about. They're sad that they're the digital equivalent of old people who pay for groceries with checks.

13 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

The only thing that forums are superior for is comedy threads and dunking on people which isn't what most of the "I miss forums" people are sad about. They're sad that they're the digital equivalent of old people who pay for groceries with checks.

I just wanna have a place that doesn't have a 240 character limit that lets people discuss topics that don't magically vanish down a feed over time due to age and/or other people talking.

Discord and Twitter suck

Twitter actively discourages discussion, instead encouraging people to dunk on each other or post shitty reaction images or one word replies or block/mute anyone you don't like. In turn this has the effect of making people stop knowing how to engage with each other as humans, thus damaging one's communication ability. It also encourages young people and older people to engage in the same communities and that's really bad. Tired of running into 15 year olds yelling at adults.

Discord encourages shitty inclusive communities of likeminded people whilst forcing topics to constantly change, thus resembling more of a casual conversation than any ongoing discussion.
TL;DR: Old woman yells at cloud

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I just wanna have a place that doesn't have a 240 character limit that lets people discuss topics that don't magically vanish down a feed over time due to age and/or other people talking.

Imageboards.

Discord and Twitter suck

Most of the people who used this website disagree with you.

Twitter actively discourages discussion, instead encouraging people to dunk on each other or post shitty reaction images or one word replies or block/mute anyone you don't like. In turn this has the effect of making people stop knowing how to engage with each other as humans, thus damaging one's communication ability. It also encourages young people and older people to engage in the same communities and that's really bad. Tired of running into 15 year olds yelling at adults.

All of these things are true of forums.

I made a game out of responding to multi-paragraph posts full of pseudo-philosophy with "shut up nerd" or dog pictures. I don't think this damages communication ability; I am an above-average communicator.

Sidewalk Surfboard used to rage the fuck out at people on this platform all the time; George uses this platform and he has more social intelligence and maturity than some of the adults in here that are on the wrong side of their 30's.

Discord encourages shitty inclusive communities of likeminded people whilst forcing topics to constantly change, thus resembling more of a casual conversation than any ongoing discussion.

I had a conversation in a Discord chat last week that kept me awake 4 hours longer than I wanted and it stayed mostly on topic. The problem is not the platform it's the people. Get better friends.

TL;DR: Old woman yells at cloud

Change is the constant.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:59 PM, Zaraphayx said:

Most of the people who used this website disagree with you.

Twitter is the worst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Twitter does what it's supposed to, which is shortform, fast-consumption social media.
Ain't for everyone, but I'm not gonna bitch too much about it.

EDIT: And as much as I like forum format, and old art galleries and shit like that,
this is not a surprising evolution.
There's so much shit demanding your attention now. My fucking browser links bar for stuff I want to access regularly and quickly has like 24 things on it, alone.

When you gotta divide your time and attention up like that, it's no surprise people want to do everything as quickly and efficiently as possible. Only got so much patience and so many hours in a day. Not even counting the time you want or need to devote to your life off of the internet.

42 minutes ago, Vae said:

Twitter does what it's supposed to, which is shortform, fast-consumption social media.
Ain't for everyone, but I'm not gonna bitch too much about it.

EDIT: And as much as I like forum format, and old art galleries and shit like that,
this is not a surprising evolution.
There's so much shit demanding your attention now. My fucking browser links bar for stuff I want to access regularly and quickly has like 24 things on it, alone.

When you gotta divide your time and attention up like that, it's no surprise people want to do everything as quickly and efficiently as possible. Only got so much patience and so many hours in a day. Not even counting the time you want or need to devote to your life off of the internet.

You missed the most important part though.

Which is that twitter is where everyone else is.

So it's the best platform to become popular on.

This is all most furries care about.

I promised to come here more often, but forgot about it again, I'm sorry

*One password reset later* 

Hey there! I'm finally back on!

Yeah RL kind of hit me hard and sort of knocked me away from this place! Funny how those kind of things tend to happen, don't they?  

But anyways, I've found my way back and I'll try to come back more often. No guarantees that I'll be as active as I once was since I've found myself a part of a youtube gaming group as well as a Brony youtube group. yeah not sure how exactly i got roped into that lot, but hey I get along with them pretty well and have been doing more in that group lately. Kinda been picking up on video editing lately since I've been getting into game lets plays.  ^^" 

yeah everyone moved to twitter and discord and many of them turned into cunts

very not cool

• Like 1