[Rant] Female Privilege on public transportation

Zeitzbach

Seat Rush Stealing bitches abusing their privilege to always get a bunch of seat on public transportation like trains.
The lustful slutty eyes most girls have as they watch a recently open seat they can sit on.

And then.

Woosh.

They dash toward it like bitches they are seeing a fresh piece of meat on the ground right after they get on the train. This is why 90% of the seats taken will be occupied by girls. That is something I cannot stand for any longer because I too want to sit instead of stepping aside, thinking "I am a guy so I should give these girl privilege in the name of equality because they only have 77% of what we have." This kind of shit is why I need patriarchy.

There should be an equality corner where seat are separated into man/female privilege corner. No other made-up bullshit allowed.

We will call the male chair, Chairmen.

And the female chair, other chairs.

And if the girls dare rob a man of his seat, they should be stoned.

Guys likely won't steal seats cause they know what manner is so they're fine.

Well, you're right. Unless the woman is pregnant or elderly or crippled, there is no need to give your seat away.

Actually.. this. There's also not really anything like female privilege (most things that can be seen as "privilege" fall under benevolent sexism, actually), so I agree with Vae.

If you want the seat and it's free, go for it? 

• Like 2

Offering up my seat to the fairer sex, the younger, the elderly or the incapacitated is a privilege, and the privilege is mine.   I believe in being chivalrous.

Yes me too. My father taught me to be courteous and a gentleman to a lady needing a seat on the bus or train. There is nothing wrong with courtesy.

Edited by Skylar Husky

Offering up my seat to the fairer sex, the younger, the elderly or the incapacitated is a privilege, and the privilege is mine.   I believe in being chivalrous.

Yes me too. My father taught me to be courteous and a gentleman to a lady needing a seat on the bus or train. There is nothing wrong with courtesy.

Yeaaaah.. As nice as this sentiment is (don't get me wrong, it is friendly), this would fall under benevolent sexism.
There's no need to give up your seat if the woman standing next to you is perfectly capable of standing upright. Enjoy the seat yourself! :D 

I think it's far more beneficial to give up seats to anyone who's elderly, or extremely young, or otherwise incapacitated. I mean, chivalry may seem like a good thing at first glance, but it's basically a list of common courtesies that should be extended towards anyone, and not just women. (I hope that makes sense and doesn't come across as berating or anything).

• Like 2

The last time I decided to take a seat I had my eyes on before a lady walked closed to it, I had to deal with death stare and indirect bitching from her for about 3 stations.

Meanwhile, guys be like "Okay" and just face the other way when I get to it first.

Offering the seat to the females or side stepping away is not simply a privilege. It's a hidden rule forced upon by the society that guys simply feel that they must oblige so the whole situation isn't awkward. If you're the only guy sitting around with load of stuffs and every other seat is taken by girls, the random dude who feel like he should be a gentleman will probably ask you to get up for the elder/pregnant lady/whatsoever instead of one of the girls playing on her phone if none of them decide to get up. You don't get up? Well, it will be like you're in a Women Study classes now. Random annoying noises and bitching flying out of nowhere to disturb the peaceful ride.

Last time I had public transport seating issues was nothing to do with any of this.

I was walking down the train to find a free seat, and suddenly a swarm of Asians entered the train and took every god damn seat left. I wish I was joking. This has happened three times to me, now I don't even bother taking that train if I'm ever in the city and wait for the next one instead.

Wait this is actually (somewhat) serious? I don't think there's much chance of creating new seating rules to save you from social anxiety. And patriarchy probably won't help you because the idea that everything feminine is a delicate snowflake you need to suffer to protect is where that shit comes from in the first place. Practice some mindful meditation or put headphones on or something and tune out their futile bitterness.

• Like 2

Wait this is actually (somewhat) serious? I don't think there's much chance of creating new seating rules to save you from social anxiety. And patriarchy probably won't help you because the idea that everything feminine is a delicate snowflake you need to suffer to protect is where that shit comes from in the first place. Practice some mindful meditation or put headphones on or something and tune out their futile bitterness.

It's totally serious. This is rant and rave after all. Everything is serious business.

Last time I had public transport seating issues was nothing to do with any of this.

I was walking down the train to find a free seat, and suddenly a swarm of Asians entered the train and took every god damn seat left. I wish I was joking. This has happened three times to me, now I don't even bother taking that train if I'm ever in the city and wait for the next one instead.

Welcome to Asia. If you're in places like Hongkong, you will know why the street is rather empty. Japan makes "Train is packed" jokes for a reason and take the whole train-being-on-time seriously. Female Asians are the fastest train monkeys around.

Edited by Zeitzbach

In any case, I think if this really bothers you for whatever reason the only thing you can do about it is sit down anyway and come to terms with the fact that some person you don't know, don't want to know, and may well never meet again could be slightly resentful they didn't get there first.

Or drive.

Yeaaaah.. As nice as this sentiment is (don't get me wrong, it is friendly), this would fall under benevolent sexism.
There's no need to give up your seat if the woman standing next to you is perfectly capable of standing upright. Enjoy the seat yourself! :D

While anything can be construed as benevolent sexism (or in this case also benevolent ageism and whatever -ism applies to the infirm) I think of it more as "noblesse oblige."  Its my right and obligation to do this, it harms no one, and no-one is obligated to accept the boon. 

• Like 1

Note: Outside the sweet one, all the girls are hella salty on Weasalt.

Yeah no. Your attitude, at times, is pretty damn bad.
Just like mine can be, to be fair, but goddamn. At least I don't try to peg it on everyone else being in the wrong. :I

Jesus Christ this whole thread is embarrassing except the OP and zerg rush Asian story.

"Benevolent sexism" when I'm privileged "misogyny" when I'm not

Sexism coming from a place of "I'll do this for you specifically because you're a woman" is benevolent sexism, yes. While it's usually meant to be a friendly gesture, it's kind of odd to do something for someone who may not specifically need it just because they happen to be a woman. Just like how holding doors open only for women is pretty damn weird, because isn't it a courtesy that should be extended to everyone?

It's not that difficult to understand, tbh.

Edited by Ansitru

Yeah no. Your attitude, at times, is pretty damn bad.Just like mine can be, to be fair, but goddamn. At least I don't try to peg it on everyone else being in the wrong. :I

In case my avatar isn't big enough for this.

vk3EM7W.png

Edit: I feel like an image isn't enough.

I have a few active Weasalt forumers marked as "always salty no matter what I say and will always be triggered" forumer. You can probably guess who's part of the list after a few interactions.

Also, most of them are girls and SJWs.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Chivalry started dieing when suffragism was born and finally died with the second wave of feminism. Currently, it's nothing else than a relict.

I agree, it's nice, and to some extent I'm practicing it, but only in regard to the women who cherish the traditions too.

The last time I decided to take a seat I had my eyes on before a lady walked closed to it, I had to deal with death stare and indirect bitching from her for about 3 stations.

Last time it happened, I asked if she's crippled, pregnant or elderly, tellhing her, that if not, then she should deal with it, and that it's not my fault that she's wearing high-heels. The rage of her and other "gentelmen" in a tram - delicious. Then I reminded them, that insulting people in the public is punishable, at least by fine, and asked them if I should call the police. Their faces - precious.

Wow I never pegged you for a misogynist Zeit. And all this time I thought you were a girl.

What does this have in common with misogyny? Care to educate yourself on that matter and stop overusing that term? Thank you.

Edited by Ayattar

Sexism coming from a place of "I'll do this for you specifically because you're a woman" is benevolent sexism, yes. While it's usually meant to be a friendly gesture, it's kind of odd to do something for someone zho may not specifically need it just because they happen to be a woman. Just like how holding doors open only for women is pretty damn weird, because isn't it a courtesy that should be extended to everyone?

It's not that difficult to understand, tbh.

I feel like you're either on the cusp of understanding my point or deliberately playing dumb so I'll stop trying to be an internet funnyman for two seconds and speak in plain English to find out which.

Positive discrimination against one group of people implies a negative discrimination against another group and vice versa. When you call a preferential treatment towards women that is not extended to men "benevolent sexism" and not "misandry" you are either displaying a bias in your thinking or being intentionally deceptive in your wording. Because whenever a societal attitude or double-standard results in men coming out ahead you would probably call that "misogyny" and not "benevolent sexism"

On second thought fuck me for effortposting in a troll thread I am ashamed.

• Like 1

Would someone please tell me what 'stealing' a stead on public transit constitutes?  I assume we don't mean 'Pushing someone out of their seat and taking it' but I can't see anything else as 'stealing seats' on transit.  Public transit is a game of musical chairs, if someone gets to a free seat before you do, suck it up and grab stanchion.

Would someone please tell me what 'stealing' a stead on public transit constitutes?  I assume we don't mean 'Pushing someone out of their seat and taking it' but I can't see anything else as 'stealing seats' on transit.  Public transit is a game of musical chairs, if someone gets to a free seat before you do, suck it up and grab stanchion.

It's like you're about to eat a pie and the girl run in and spit on it. They release their female scent and pheromone in the area making it harder to sit right away without being immune to it.

It's like you're about to eat a pie and the girl run in and spit on it. They release their female scent and pheromone in the area making it harder to sit right away without being immune to it.

That's a pretty low tier troll post.  I mean you could have gone for 'Women are exploiting the fact that men won't act aggressively to out maneuver a woman going for a seat' or something, that would have been the kinda half-way plausible trolling that really riles up a thread.  But you just went for unbelievable crazy talk.  You should be disappointed in yourself.

Edited by AshleyAshes

I still hold doors open for women

Crushing their puny female self esteem with my patriarchal powers makes my oppression rod rock hard

Even better when they're trying to get the finger print detection door to open and you're like

"Have no fear, I'm here to press the 'Open the Door' button for you."

Even if it's a split second away from opening, you owe me now, bitch.

I feel like you're either on the cusp of understanding my point or deliberately playing dumb so I'll stop trying to be an internet funnyman for two seconds and speak in plain English to find out which.
Positive discrimination against one group of people implies a negative discrimination against another group and vice versa. When you call a preferential treatment towards women that is not extended to men "benevolent sexism" and not "misandry" you are either displaying a bias in your thinking or being intentionally deceptive in your wording. Because whenever a societal attitude or double-standard results in men coming out ahead you would probably call that "misogyny" and not "benevolent sexism"

On second thought fuck me for effortposting in a troll thread I am ashamed.

I'm not entirely sure how I could explain it in a plainer way, tbh. I've never said that it doesn't negatively affect men.

And that's actually what I'm saying? If you are 'chivalrous' only towards women because they're women (sometimes coming from a viewpoint of "poor women, they are so frail and fragile"), then that stems from sexism (even though the intention is kind) and negatively affects men in the process. Chivalry should be extended to those who need it most, regardless of gender.

And while I will not dispute the fact that sexism negatively impacts men as well, sexism is (and excuse me for the tired expression) 'prejudice + power'. Just like how racism against white people isn't really a thing, even though they can be discriminated against. 

That's a pretty low tier troll post.  I mean you could have gone for 'Women are exploiting the fact that men who's act aggressively to out maneuver a woman going for a seat' or something, that would have been the kinda half-way plausible trolling that really riles up a thread.  But you just went for unbelievable crazy talk.  You should be disappointed in yourself.

It's not a troll post.

I guess you never experienced the rage of the crowd after refusing to give your sitting spot to someone who doesn't deserve it. Like to a perfectly healthy women in their 20-30s. Not only said women will get full butthurt, not only all other women, in their solidarity of the wombs, but also all men, who feel obliged to play knights on the white stallions.

Just like how racism against white people isn't really a thing, even though they can be discriminated against. 

WHAT?! You friggin racist ignorant.

Edited by Ayattar

That's a pretty low tier troll post.  I mean you could have gone for 'Women are exploiting the fact that men won't act aggressively to out maneuver a woman going for a seat' or something, that would have been the kinda half-way plausible trolling that really riles up a thread.  But you just went for unbelievable crazy talk.  You should be disappointed in yourself.

No because it's already stated all the way in the beginning.

The presence of a woman rushing to a seat can cause the whole atmosphere around an open seat to shift. That's what I meant by whole pheromone thing. Their. Fucking. Presence. When you're right in front of a seat and the girl is next to you look at it, you better move if you don't want to feel the social rage.

I take the seat? Bitching.

I don't take the seat? Beta problem. Sexism to the tumblr feminazis.

It doesn't matter if I am carrying loads. I better back the fuck off and give room for them to play on their mobile apps.

WHAT?! You friggin racist ignorant.

Not sure if trolling.

Let's see.. I will never be turned down from a job for being white, just like how my CV won't be automatically rejected because my name sounds white. I mean, I don't know how the situation is where you're from, but there have been a couple scandals here in Belgium of pretty blatant racism that I as a white person have never even needed to worry about. 

To name two examples: people not wanting a Muslim housemaid (cleaning lady? Not sure which word fits better) in general because "they are all thieves". Or how about people explicitly asking for white taxi-drivers because they think the foreign-looking ones are somehow less competent because of the color of their skin? Hell, a guy was arrested as recently as yesterday for cracking a joke on Twitter which was interpreted as a threat, whereas when a white comedian were to make the same joke, it would set off no alarmbells whatsoever. 

Just like how racism against white people isn't really a thing, even though they can be discriminated against. 

This kind of intelligence is why you're triggered by every damn thing I say.

"Oh no, he said something outside my code of tumblr. MISOGINY"

You know by saying people can't be racist against whites that makes you a fucking racist

Dude come on. I explained with examples. Reading ain't hard. White people can be treated shittily, but there's no such thing as institutionalized racism against white people.