[Rant] Female Privilege on public transportation

Zeitzbach

Offering up my seat to the fairer sex, the younger, the elderly or the incapacitated is a privilege, and the privilege is mine.   I believe in being chivalrous.

this. 

Where I'm from, we have a thing called "good manners" and it's a sign of respect. (Especially towards the elderly and disabled)

• Like 1

Dude come on. I explained with examples. Reading ain't hard. White people can be treated shittily, but there's no such thing as institutionalized racism against white people. 

Are you retarded or really this stupid?
There are people out there who want to murder all white people, and threaten "hunting day" on whites. But oh. That isn't racism.

Seriously? Jezus hell, where do you live? Honest question.

So apparently knowing that racism effects all races is dependent on where I live? People like you are the reason we don't have equality. Favoring one race and focusing on the bad things that happen to them and ignoring the same thing that happens to other races because of stupid things we did in the past.

I feel like you're either on the cusp of understanding my point or deliberately playing dumb so I'll stop trying to be an internet funnyman for two seconds and speak in plain English to find out which.
Positive discrimination against one group of people implies a negative discrimination against another group and vice versa. When you call a preferential treatment towards women that is not extended to men "benevolent sexism" and not "misandry" you are either displaying a bias in your thinking or being intentionally deceptive in your wording. Because whenever a societal attitude or double-standard results in men coming out ahead you would probably call that "misogyny" and not "benevolent sexism"

On second thought fuck me for effortposting in a troll thread I am ashamed.

Why would you call it misandry? I don't think this stems from a dislike of males so much as the idea that males are strong and thus should be the ones to quietly self-sacrifice for weaker people. Maybe this isn't true in each individual case simply because there are bound to be people out there who genuinely hate males, but generally speaking when females are lumped in with groups like old, wounded, or pregnant—people who have genuine reasons to have priority for seating—and we are expected to give way to them, I don't think this is a thing that happens because people dislike us. 'Benevolent sexism' seems fairly apt if it's done out of a desire to be helpful, but is still discrimination by sex.

Of course I can't really comment on what this person would 'probably' do, so there's that.

• Like 1

What does this have in common with misogyny? Care to educate yourself on that matter and stop overusing that term? Thank you.

I'm not saying the two points were related. 

This thread stinks in the same way reddit does. We're done here. 

• Like 2