ITT: Flaunt your Fabulous Fursona

MuttButt

15 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Cuttlefish.

Or maybe a rat or something idk. I could always help design it in that case.

I'm settled on bone dragon. I'll send you details of what I got so far.

15 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

A slug/snail.

They're herms perfect for all that furry yiff shit.

lmao no

15 hours ago, Newt said:

EDIT: Realized the joke I said might have seemed a little douchey, sorry

No offense taken in the slightest.

12 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

Don't mind me, just posting the biggest karma-magnet in my gallery.

1424566000.victor-933_wtfyoudoing-final.

This armor looks like something you can take on the world with. Well, unless said world is filled with big mean guns in which case a fancy armor ain't gonna do much difference, is it? Anyway, I like it, pretty badass

9 minutes ago, Amiir said:

This armor looks like something you can take on the world with. Well, unless said world is filled with big mean guns in which case a fancy armor ain't gonna do much difference, is it? Anyway, I like it, pretty badass

It's powered combat armor known as a Line Suit, and it's what the Hadeans use instead of armored fighting vehicles such as tanks. So, yes, it very much is something you can take on the world with.

9 minutes ago, Strangefox32000 said:

IS it anything like MJOLNIR from the Halo franchise?

Somewhat, although not quite as powerful. This is an excerpt from what I call "The Manifest", an encyclopedic collection of writings and notes that define the Hadean species and society:

Line Suits are the more common variant [of Powersuit], and are outfitted with stronger armor and equipped with heavy support weaponry such as autocannons or heavy suppression machineguns. Line Suits generally act as heavy infantry support, typically with one or two attached to each dismounted squad. Advancements in supertensile composites and other materials sciences have reduced their weight considerably without sacrificing protective capacity, enabling Line Suits to travel in the same transports as infantry, most often dismounting first in order to secure the landing zone and establish a base of fire. Nearly all small arms are unable to penetrate the armor plating of a Line Suit, although the few exposed sections of bodysuit do present weak points that could potentially be exploited by sufficiently powerful munitions. Line Suits are powered by three HydroPacks, the same type utilized by the MACE system infantry are equipped with, in order to simplify logistics.

On 3.4.2016 at 7:45 PM, Monty Grizzle said:

My fursona is an obese fast food loving grizzly bear, I haven't really given him a backstory other than that he might've been underfed as a child and so now as an adult he wants to enjoy all the tasty treats he missed out on when he was younger. On his personality, he has a lot of love and care for those around him and still being a child at heart he's a little naive, also it goes without saying that he's rather gluttonous.

570299286ff96_imageproxy2.thumb.png.39c2

I thought at first your fursona is a lion 0_0

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nova said:

I thought at first your fursona is a lion 0_0

That's a common criticism I've had about him, so in a recent commission I asked the artist to make him more 'bearish' looking:

image.thumb.jpeg.bdcb731fb016fa60deadcae

Even though it is one of the main reasons for the confusion, I'd rather not permanently forfeit the beard since it's a good visual link to how I look in real life.

Alright, here's what I got:

Tribble Rigsby Morris was born on March 23rd, 1993 to his mother, a purebred Russian Blue Rat, and his father Leo Morris, a common Black Rat. His mother left soon after his birth to have a sexual relationship with a wealthy mouse, thus leaving Leo to raise Tribble alone. Tribble only got to see her once in 1997 when he was 5, but only for 12 minutes as she was telling Leo about why she left him and her son. Tribble's childhood was fairly normal, although he didn't have too many friends. He was not bullied, but constantly felt as if people were judging him silently. As the years progressed, he began to blame himself for his mother's disappearance more and more. When he was 15, his outlook on life soon became bitter and harsh. This attitude stuck with him to the current era. He still maintains a poor look on life, and projects this by reading and writing stories about people who have horrible lives filled with depression and loss. Tribble still lives with his father in their small Portland apartment. Tribble refuses to move out with Leo because he feels that his father is the only person in life that truly cares about him, and he fears that if he leaves, something will happen, and he will die. He has strange, intense obsessions that fill the void in his current lonely life. One of these obsessions of his is Mitzi Mozzarella, a fairly well known singer from the South. He is in love with her, and believes that she can do no wrong, and that she is the person that will finally stay with him and not leave him. Tribble often claims that he will "fuck anything with a pulse" in regards to his need of both sexual and romantic attention. He doesn't understand why he can't find a mate, when in reality, people are put off by his pessimistic and self loathing personality, as well as his looks. He is unfortunately unattractive, having a large nose, yellow eyes, and unusually large hips and thighs for a male. Currently, Tribble constantly has a final option, suicide, on his mind, because he believes his life will never get any better. This is not true, but his life will be turning for the better very soon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kosha said:

I tried drawing my 'sona's head:

Hide contents

wg6fjKo.jpg?1

I know I'm not the greatest artist, so please give me criticism if you have any. Also, sorry for the potato quality.

Given that the drawing is very schematic I am surprised that you have included rather nuanced osteological characteristics like a therapsid window, coronoid process (?condyloid process) and zygomatic arch. 

As a note, the teeth towards the back of the jaw are not simple conical teeth, even in predatory mammals. They are mutli-cusped. The coronoid process also emerges above the zygomatic arch, where it rests adjacent to the braincase:

pachygenelus.jpg

5 hours ago, Saxon said:

Given that the drawing is very schematic I am surprised that you have included rather nuanced osteological characteristics like a therapsid window, coronoid process (?condyloid process) and zygomatic arch. 

As a note, the teeth towards the back of the jaw are not simple conical teeth, even in predatory mammals. They are mutli-cusped. The coronoid process also emerges above the zygomatic arch, where it rests adjacent to the braincase:

pachygenelus.jpg

Not going to lie, I have no idea what half those words mean. I based my design off of this:

cyrskullcompletesepiatxt_by_leccathufurv

4 minutes ago, Kosha said:

Not going to lie, I have no idea what half those words mean. I based my design off of this:

cyrskullcompletesepiatxt_by_leccathufurv

(Incidentally this skull looks like it is based on a dog; it is definitely not a reptile skull...not that any notion of a dragon skull is going to be realistic)

3 hours ago, Newt said:

Not sure what you mean by that.

Reveal hidden contents

T-Rex.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Gator.png

Reveal hidden contents

sp3118-c435f4b7.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

MonitorSkull.jpg

The presence of a synapsid window convinced me that Kosha's fursona was a mammal. Mammals have differentiated dentition with multi-cusped teeth. This is one of their defining characteristics, when compared to other groups, like reptiles, which often have undifferentiared thecodont teeth. None of the images you posted are mammals. 

Reptiles do not possess the synapsid/therapsid window. They possess a diapsid condition with two holes for muscle attachment in their skulls, rather than one:

CROCskullDorsal2.jpg

Crocodile skull, viewed from above with two holes for mandibular muscle attachment.

brachycephalic-dog-skull-i18.jpg

Dog skull, viewed from above, with just one hole for muscle attachment (confluent with eye socket). 

TL;DR the skull Kosha drew is a dog skull, so I thought his fursona was a dog. Dogs have cusps on their teeth. 

On 4/17/2016 at 0:01 PM, Saxon said:

(Incidentally this skull looks like it is based on a dog; it is definitely not a reptile skull...not that any notion of a dragon skull is going to be realistic)

Is it now? Well then, I'm going to have to redraw it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

starwarriors_request_5_by_starwarriors-d

So last Sunday, Star Warriors--one of my fave webcomics--held it's 1yr anniversary stream, in which free requests were raffled off to get your character reimagined as a character from the comic. I won one, so here I am as a "star warrior". 

Part of the lore of the comic is that all the star warriors have died, and they are given a new name in death as just as they are in birth. So I have been renamed, as you can see.

• Like 1

1460352770.xxgossipgirl69xx_collective_u

This is me :D

Brown cat with a ferret mask, I accidentally gave her  the same colour scheme as the subject of Charles Baudelaire's "The Cat"

Usually she has Jade green eyes, but sometimes I have her depicted with glowing eyes and astral themes around her
the idea there was to reflect the psychotic episodes I get IRL where I turn really high-spiritual

She has a corset piercing and a general ribbon motif because I love them. Also Whiskers. Whiskers so ephemeral they could invoke a halo~

(www.uglylilmonster.tumblr.com for the artist)

• Like 5