Rant: Old Men

MissFleece

But you don't freak out on them.

Which is exactly the point I was making. 

You get some unwanted attention. It isn't the end of the world. Plus it isn't a reason to start a fight with the person or insult them. 

So talking to strangers is okay. You do it. It does't always work. But that's life. 

Can you please explain your definition of freaking out, in this situation? 

But you don't freak out on them.

Which is exactly the point I was making. 

You get some unwanted attention. It isn't the end of the world. Plus it isn't a reason to start a fight with the person or insult them. 

So talking to strangers is okay. You do it. It does't always work. But that's life. 

The problem is, no one's freaking out over casual conversations. The thread is about street harassment and unwanted personal/sexual comments.

The problem is, no one's freaking out over casual conversations. The thread is about street harassment and unwanted personal/sexual comments.

Exactly this. #00buck, you're thinking of extreme situations and are arguing points for them, when you left us confused and refuse to explain your points. 

It was about that. 

Then you wrote this:

Well flirting with people hasn't been the problem here. It's that thing about unwarranted flirting/comments. People seem to think that they're completely within right to say whatever comments they want about someone, regardless of whether or not they're out-of-line and borderline creepy, and then throw a fit when they're called out on it. And then there's others who defend those people, usually stating something along the lines "just accept the complement" or "First Amendment, I can say what I want, MUH FREEDOM".

Like I said before. Unless you're saying things that are pedo or pervy it's just a conversation. 

You said yourself you make unwarranted comments to strangers. So if you do it it must be okay. 

I'm totally against sexual harassment. 

Exactly this. #00buck, you're thinking of extreme situations and are arguing points for them, when you left us confused and refuse to explain your points. 

I've explained all my points. 

You guys are the ones with extreme situations with people yelling obscene stuff and making pedo comments. 

I'm just saying strangers should be able to talk to each other. That's all. 

You both make unwarranted comments to people in real life so it must be okay. Again as long as it isn't sexual. 

It was about that. 

Then you wrote this:

Well flirting with people hasn't been the problem here. It's that thing about unwarranted flirting/comments. People seem to think that they're completely within right to say whatever comments they want about someone, regardless of whether or not they're out-of-line and borderline creepy, and then throw a fit when they're called out on it. And then there's others who defend those people, usually stating something along the lines "just accept the complement" or "First Amendment, I can say what I want, MUH FREEDOM".

Like I said before. Unless you're saying things that are pedo or pervy it's just a conversation. 

You said yourself you make unwarranted comments to strangers. So if you do it it must be okay. 

But you seem to be missing that point I made about "unwarranted flirting/comments". You came in talking about how this meant you can't talk to random strangers because they might get offended, and that wasn't the point. You completely misinterpreted my reply. Unwarranted flirting and comments are not casual conversation. The keyword here is "unwarranted". An unwarranted comment is something that is uncalled for, creepy, completely out of line, ect. Your casual conversation is not unwarranted unless you start asking about the other person's sex life or get too personal with your comments.

• Like 1

It was about that. 

Then you wrote this:

It appears you might have misread it? 

Jesus titty fucking christ this thread has blown up in the last hour.

I don't see what the problem is. Take people like Hugh Hefner, for example, if he made a pass at you you'd probably be all over that wrinkly old shit, given his social status.

It appears you might have misread it? 

I've said mutual times in this thread that I'm against sexual harassment. 

I'v also said that sexual or creepy pedo stuff is absolutely wrong. 

I think Kaizy was really unclear in talking about "unwarranted comments" without explaining what they are. 

I talk to strangers all the time and they have no problem with it. 

Talking to a stranger is how I met my significant other. Which is why I couldn't understand why someone would be so against people just talking to each other.

I think Kaizy was unclear. Again I totally agree that sexual harassment is wrong. As I've said many times.

Edited by #00Buck

I've said mutual times in this thread that I'm against sexual harassment. 

I'v also said that sexual or creepy pedo stuff is absolutely wrong. 

I think Kaizy was really unclear in talking about "unwarranted comment" without explaining what they are. 

I talk to strangers all the time and they have no problem with it. 

Talking to a stranger is how I met my significant other. Which is why I couldn't understand why someone would be so against people just talking to each other.

I think Kaizy was unclear. Again I totally agree that sexual harassment is wrong. As I've said many times.

Why are you going on about unwarranted comments in a thread where it was clearly dictated that unwarranted comments meant harassment. 

Why are you going on about unwarranted comments in a thread where it was clearly dictated that unwarranted comments meant harassment. 

It wasn't clearly indicated. 

Unwarranted according to the dictionary just means without authorization. 

It does not mean sexist. 

I don't see what the problem is. Take people like Hugh Hefner, for example, if he made a pass at you you'd probably be all over that wrinkly old shit, given his social status.

No thanks.

• Like 2

The point I'm making is, is that it's only a problem because the pass was made by a nobody. But it were made by a more prominent figure it wouldn't be given a second thought.  

Man, thanks for that. After typing in this thread for the past hour or so I needed a really good laugh.

• Like 2

The point I'm making is, is that it's only a problem because the pass was made by a nobody. But it were made by a more prominent figure it wouldn't be given a second thought.  

There is some truth there. It's like I was saying that attractiveness determines if a comment is wanted or unwanted. 

If Kristen Stuart hit on me I wouldn't say no.

There is some truth there. It's like I was saying that attractiveness determines if a comment is wanted or unwanted. 

Not for me. I've been talked to by strangers who were both attractive and unattractive. I still don't care for talking to them if I'm not in the mood. I mean if you're moderately shallow it might matter.

I know right. Hell I'm straight, but if Hugh Hefner made a pass at me I'd probably take it as a compliment given his social status, must see potential in me or something.   

Not for me. I've been talked to by strangers who were both attractive and unattractive. I still don't care for talking to them if I'm not in the mood. I mean if you're moderately shallow it might matter.

Yeah, so it does matter to shallow people. There are a lot of shallow people out there. 

I know right. Hell I'm straight, but if Hugh Hefner made a pass at me I'd probably take it as a compliment given his social status, must see potential in me or something.   

A fox would be a good addition to the mansion. They already have lots of bunnies. 

Yeah, so it does matter to shallow people. There are a lot of shallow people out there. 

Well my points weren't about shallow people or appearances, but the content and intentions of the comments being made. I don't put much emphasis on looks, so that wasn't my concern in the matter.

My points still stand.

What the hell, this thread got weird

I prefer to think of it as a mess.

Well my points weren't about shallow people or appearances, but the content and intentions of the comments being made. I don't put much emphasis on looks, so that wasn't my concern in the matter.

My points still stand.

I prefer to think of it as a mess.

Yeah my points still stand too. 

Mess intensifies. 

You just proved my point. 

The only way not to offend anyone is to never talk to anyone. 

That's a sad way to live your life. 

(You)

^
                                                                                                                                        The point

As if this thread didn't have one troll too many, now you have to jump in xP
 /unsubscribe

(You)

^
                                                                                                                                        The point

As if this thread didn't have one troll too many, now you have to jump in xP /unsubscribe

Delicious! 

(You)

^
                                                                                                                                        The point

shouldn't the point be above him

you know

if you were going for the "over your head" thing

shouldn't the point be above him

you know

if you were going for the "over your head" thing

I guess it could be interpreted as "missing the point" or "you're so far from the point".

As Kaizy said. I was going for "Missing the point".
Originally I had their positions swapped, but then "the point" was .. pointing at their post... that didn't work well >.>;
(and yes I did unsubscribe xP quote notifications~ )

As Kaizy said. I was going for "Missing the point".Originally I had their positions swapped, but then "the point" was .. pointing at their post... that didn't work well >.>;
(and yes I did unsubscribe xP quote notifications~ )

It's okay if you missed the point.

Accuracy in the thread is optional. 

Good job Buck. You actually proven people complaining here being hypocrites.

Summing up.
It's okay to be hit on when/if:
- you have a good mood
- person who's hitting on you is, in your opinion, decently-looking
It's not okay to be hit on when/if
- you have bad mood
- person who's hitting on you is, in your opinion, gross

Phew.

Edited by Ayattar
  • Like 1

Good job Buck. You actually proven people complaining here being hypocrites.

Summing up.
It's okay to be hit on when/if:
- you have a good mood
- person who's hitting on you is, in your opinion, decently-looking
It's not okay to be hit on when/if
- you have bad mood
- person who's hitting on you is, in your opinion, gross

Phew.

Yup.