Rant: Old Men

MissFleece

God the circle jerk here is pathetic. 

Well don't watch, join in. You can jerk yourself off then jerk the person next to you then that person jerks the one next to him then the next thing you know we're all jerking each other off and having a good ol' time!

lol furries...

ding ding ding

this guy gets it

hot guy hits on you? fuck yeah!

ugly guy hits on you? what a creep!

And if you add social status into it, looks mean absolute dick

It really sucks that the original point of this thread got lost -_-

I mean all OP was trying to do was state that she doesnt feel comfortable with old men cat calling her or making snide remarks and some of you assholes in the span of a few pages turn it into "Well if it was a hot guy, you wouldn't have had a problem with it"

Jeez...

Edited by DevilishlyHandsome49
  • Like 5

God the circle jerk here is pathetic. 

It really sucks that the original point of this thread got lost -_-

I mean all OP was trying to do was state that she doesnt feel comfortable with old men cat calling her or making snide remarks and some of you assholes in the span of a few pages turn it into "Well if it was a hot guy, you wouldn't have had a problem with it"

Jeez...

Honestly, I'd just save your time. I've explained the points to death, yet somehow this tangent on the "attractiveness" of the stranger dictating on whether or not you like being harassed on the street is surfacing.

Guys, the original point being made was street harassment is bad and people should stop that. This tangent that's being discussed has one of the most shallow and subjective points possible. If some stranger that was "attractive" was making some gross sexual remarks at me, no I don't care if they're attractive, rich, ect, it's fucking gross and annoying and ulterior motives don't get a free pass just because of that. Attractiveness has nothing to do with whether or not comments overstep boundaries because, as amazing as it sounds, creepy unwarranted comments are still creepy and unwarranted. Society may portray those sort of comments from "ideal" people as a positive, but society has some pretty piss poor judgement on a lot of things and perpetuates these awful ideals all the time (again, refer back to my statement on page 1 about the "That's My Boy" movie and how it's normalizing these ideas that older women hitting on very young boys shouldn't be considered "normal" and praised by society while the opposite is considered creepy and bad").

Like really guys, stop making excuses and weird hypothetical variables to justify people making unwarranted passes at strangers.

• Like 4

Kaizy, is this the 90s? Who considers an Adam Sandler directed film to be art? "That's my boy" was universally panned. 

I never said it was art. You know films that are panned still get watched right? Most new age comedy movies are panned to death, but still get watched and enjoyed by people. Hell, RottonTomatoes' audience has a 52%, which isn't good, but again most new age comedies don't have high ratings, regardless of whether or not the audience liked it. Also, this wasn't some budget straight-to-DVD film with indie actors, Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg are well known actors with fans, so you can guarantee people saw the movie to see them in it. Just because the movie was garbage doesn't mean people didn't watch it and had no influence on anyone.

Just because the critics didn't like it doesn't mean the audience didn't and therefore it had no influence on anything. By that logic, were saying that only movies that get exceptionally high ratings make any impact on society, which is a horribly inaccurate statement.

Me and Butters were on a train ride back from Manchester and these girls who were 16 (I heard them talking about their high school GCSE results so I know they were), kept getting hit on by guys. They looked much younger too.

The second group of big looking frat guys started harassing me too. I told them to fuck off and they moved to the other side of the train pretty quick. There is certainly a problem with straight men.

• Like 1

I never said it was art. You know films that are panned still get watched right? Most new age comedy movies are panned to death, but still get watched and enjoyed by people. Hell, RottonTomatoes' audience has a 52%, which isn't good, but again most new age comedies don't have high ratings, regardless of whether or not the audience liked it. Also, this wasn't some budget straight-to-DVD film with indie actors, Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg are well known actors with fans, so you can guarantee people saw the movie to see them in it. Just because the movie was garbage doesn't mean people didn't watch it and had no influence on anyone.

Just because the critics didn't like it doesn't mean the audience didn't and therefore it had no influence on anything. By that logic, were saying that only movies that get exceptionally high ratings make any impact on society, which is a horribly inaccurate statement.

kaizy, fans of Adam Sandler are middle school students and man children who think farts and their bowel movements are the height of humor. There is no hope for them to join the mental state of the real world. You would be wasting your breath. 

Sandler is a known racist, sexist, and homophobe. Only assholes like him. 

Nuff said on that matter. 

And older men hitting on younger ladies is more seen and accepted than women doing the same to women. I've seen more relationships with older gents and young ladies. I think I've only ever seen a handful of relationships where the guy is younger (and in those, the dude ain't a spring chicken). 

You're jumping at shadows. Also, if you pay attention to anything in a sandler film, it's that women are there to make the man look good. That's why hey like older women hitting on them. It's supposed to be a sign of manliness or whatever. But I must stop talking about him, because he makes my skin crawl. 

[...] and some of you assholes in the span of a few pages turn it into "Well if it was a hot guy, you wouldn't have had a problem with it"

Jeez...

Jeez? But OP told it herself. If that was Sean Connery or Clint Eastwood hitting on, everything would be okay. And if the comment is acceptable or not it depends only on personal taste of the concerned person. And read the opening post again. OP is wrong with older men telling young women they're sexy.

There is certainly a problem with straight men.

Well, I don't like you too.

Jeez? But OP told it herself. If that was Sean Connery or Clint Eastwood hitting on, everything would be okay. And if the comment is acceptable or not it depends only on personal taste of the concerned person. And read the opening post again. OP is wrong with older men telling young women they're sexy.

Except I didn't. There's a difference between getting hit on and street harassment. Besides, when was the last time a lady actress hit on a ('nother lady) fan? If that happened to ME I'd fucking win the lottery on the same day. 

If anybody creeps on me then I don't want to sleep with them? How is that a hard concept?

see, this is the problem with some straight dudes...they still think Sean Connery and clint Eastwood are sexy in their Godamn fucking  80s!!!!!!! That's when you go back to wearing diapers. Nothing hotter. No wonder some straight guys cannot get laid. They don't know what sexy is. 

Also Connery is a known abuser and Eastwood is highly racist. Such great qualities in a dude ur gonna have to trust to fuck. xD 

DANGER, BUTTHURT ALERT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Keep your drill away from my anus.

Except I didn't.

Not a single word about sexual harassment in the title or the opening post. Only "creeping", whatever that means. And it was an example of old people being commonly seen as handsome. You can switch them to whatever anon you like.

See, this is the problem with some straight dudes [...]
Also Connery is a known abuser and Eastwood is highly racist. Such great qualities in a dude ur gonna have to trust to fuck. xD 

You see? This is the problem with some gay dudes. Their ideals of beauty have nothing to do with ideals of the straight people. No wonder so many of them are being considered unattractive by the straight population. You don't know what sexy is.

Yes, because traits of character influence actractiveness. And you can take 50 years old Eastwood and Connery. Still "old" by your standards.

Edited by Ayattar

There is no objective standard of beauty and sexy. Also since when do gay people care what straighties think of how we look? xD

And... You're saying you find really old men sexy? I think we need to arrange an intervention. We're all really concerned about you Ayatarr.

Edited by Ometochtli
  • Like 1

[things]

Well, and why would straight people be concerned about what homosexuals think of how they look?

And yes, I do. I wouldn't mind looking half as good when I'm their age. Now, I'm concerned about you, thinking that people can't be sexy and beautifull only because they're old.

you say this mockingly, but yet they do indeed. xD 

especially for females. Why is it that I, a gay man, know more about this than you?

Butters logic: because traits of character of a person who you met 5 seconds ago on the street age going to influence your personal reception of somebody elses looks.

An no, they don't. Beauty is a purely physical factor. You're mixing up atractiveness with sympathy. But I don't blame you for it. After all, as far as I know, english lacks the distinction between those two. There isn't even a huge difference between 'handsome' and 'beautifull'.

Edited by Ayattar

This is relating to a purely atrificial construct known as kalokagathia ie. good and beautifull,  which was made up by the ancient Greeks. And from which humanity is suffering up to this day, automatically assigning positive traits to beautifull people and negative to ugly ones.

Next time try harder.

Edited by Ayattar

I like my cougars! Stop yall judging asses. All older women can apply with me. 

As for the pedo thing, a LOT of teens look like adults. Its no secret adult females are usually shorter than adult males. Since teenagers are growing taller and faster, their bodies look a lot older than what they are. My 13-yo step daughter gets hit on by grown men because she LOOKS 17 which is the legal age of consent in my area. I don't blame the men and never will as long the minor looks like an adult. And I don't support the whole "you should check their IDs first" crap because that's not practical or reasonable.

On the flip-side, I know of many women who look like they belong in early high school still. If people want to date young/old let them.

I am a heavy flirt with women on the bus, college, co-workers, teachers, whenever I run across an attractive women. I don't be bluntly sexual but I do make jokes and sexual innuendos in a joking manner. Most times women will join or play along and we all get a good laugh and enjoy the conversation but there has been many times when a woman will just shy away or not respond to me saying "hi" or anything. I just shrug it off as she doesn't want to talk and move on, her loss. I don't waste my time trying to talk to someone who doesn't want to talk, that's just silly to try.

Oddly enough a few years ago, I have a few major incidents that made me feel uncomfortable and its funny that those times were when these women were flirting with me on a higher level that I was not prepared or ready for. And one of them slapped my ass while I walked passed them. That really made me feel uncomfortable but know that I know how to properly flirt and how to respond to flirting, If it happened now, I would respond a totally different way wither it be flirting back or telling her off, I have the confidence to handle those situations now. So I can understand how it feel to be 'cat-called' and made to feel uncomfortable but in the end, we are all responsible for our actions AND that includes how we see or react to things.

Since teenagers are growing taller and faster, their bodies look a lot older than what they are.

No, they aren't, children are not actually physically growing any faster than they have for hundreds upon hundreds of years.  There's no evidence to support the claim.  It's just something that a lot of people believe.

• Like 1

No, they aren't, children are not actually physically growing any faster than they have for hundreds upon hundreds of years.  There's no evidence to support the claim.  It's just something that a lot of people believe.

I agree with the physically part but mentally they are getting way more alert to sex much sooner.
Incest seems to be a common theme these days in fetish and mainstream stories always hushed but always there.

I think the numbers have stayed the same but the subject is more now sexualized then demonized in people's thinking.
Unless it's a child abuse case most are like that is kind of kinky, from what I have seen.

So age difference is getting more acceptable in many more people's eyes, the whole daddy daughter thing or such

Edited by Charrio

I agree with the physically part but mentally they are getting way more alert to sex much sooner.Incest seems to be a common theme these days in fetish and mainstream stories always hushed but always there.

I think the numbers have stayed the same but the subject is more now sexualized then demonized in people's thinking.
Unless it's a child abuse case most are like that is kind of kinky, from what I have seen.

So age difference is getting more acceptable in many more people's eyes, the whole daddy daughter thing or such

The problem with view that children are exposed to sexuality sooner is that ignores that historically, and still in many parts of the world, people became sexually active, married, and pregnant than they do now in current western society.  Really, 13 was a good marrying and child bearing age for a woman just a couple of hundred years ago.

It's become broadly accepted these days that puberty is not happening sooner but rather historical data on when puberty occured was flawed.  Small samples and poor methods lead to people, even the medical establishment, believing that puberty occurred a year or two later on average than it really did, which then made people look at current studies and see a 'decrease in age' when the old numbers were just broken.

I don't know about that. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/10/15/peds.2011-3291.abstract they could be wrong but these are people who are actual pros at this. The conclusion is the part I'm looking at:

CONCLUSIONS: Observed mean ages of beginning genital and pubic hair growth and early testicular volumes were 6 months to 2 years earlier than in past studies, depending on the characteristic and race/ethnicity. The causes and public health implications of this apparent shift in US boys to a lower age of onset for the development of secondary sexual characteristics in US boys needs further exploration.

6 months to 2 years earlier than past studies. A similar study earlier than this was done for females showing they hit puberty earlier than past studies, almost as young as 7 years old. This is from the American Academy of Pediatrics. 

I don't know about that. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/10/15/peds.2011-3291.abstract they could be wrong but these are people who are actual pros at this. The conclusion is the part I'm looking at:

CONCLUSIONS: Observed mean ages of beginning genital and pubic hair growth and early testicular volumes were 6 months to 2 years earlier than in past studies

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1070801/

Yes, it's been accepted that the previous studies were inaccurate.  If you look it up, it's primarily caused by inaccurate studies from the 1960's.

To be a little more clear, what's caused issues with the studies from the 1960's is as follows: They were small scale studies done on British orphans raised in institutions following WWII.  So not only were the studies of limited scope but studying children being raised in orphanages in a nation that was still rationing goods until 1955 due to war shortages.  Want to delay puberty?  Malnutrition is the ticket!  Menses can be delayed until like age 16 to 18 if you just keep a young women on the edge of starvation for most of her life.  Puberty and menses is resource intensive and malnutrition has a serious effect on it.  It's an interesting topic to read up on, though there's a LOT chaff to filter through first since media LOVES comparing current studies to the 1960's studies and going 'YOUR BABIES ARE GROWING BEARDS!  IT'S ALL THE HORMONES IN THE MILK!'.

Edited by AshleyAshes

According to your link:

"The reality is that this may be partially true: although the average age at menarche (12.8 years) has not fallen much in the past 60 years, more recent data suggest that the lower age limit for normal thelarche or pubertal onset is below the threshold of 8 years that is cited in many texts."

and

" For humans, mild obesity is associated with a slight advancement in skeletal age and earlier onset of puberty"

Since childhood obesity is such a huge issue in america, you can say that children are maturing at an earlier age than in the pass. Just not as earlier as I thought.

Edited by Lomberdia

According to your link:

"The reality is that this may be partially true: although the average age at menarche (12.8 years) has not fallen much in the past 60 years, more recent data suggest that the lower age limit for normal thelarche or pubertal onset is below the threshold of 8 years that is cited in many texts.

Yes, the texts were incorrect.  Puberty isn't a topic that has been particularly well studied until recent, so the lowest possible age where it can be seen at, especially when the 1960's offered small samples and even smaller samples of early onset puberty, were incorrect.

I'm glad we could agree on this.

However you also have a point with obesity.  Just like how malnutrition can delay puberty, over nutrition can kick it up a notch.  But that's an issue of obesity, not an issue of puberty.  Much as how malnutrition would delay puberty. The line isn't 'Children are hitting puberty later in life' but 'Children are STARVING'.

Either way, none of this supports your previous claim of,

Since teenagers are growing taller and faster, their bodies look a lot older than what they are.

Edited by AshleyAshes

True.

So the point is, kids aren't growing faster, they are physically maturing faster.

Meh, in the end of the day, they are just overly sexual tween bobbing their heads to "Watch me whip" and taking and sharing selfies and pictures of food as if anyone really cares. Doing goofy teenager stuff. They don't care why their tits and asses are bigger than some grown women's and really, neither do I.

Edited by Lomberdia
too tired to deal with kid related crap

I hate how flirting, complimenting, talking, and harassing strangers keeps being treated as the same thing in the past discussions.... Flirting as in, "hey nice body" or "you're pretty" is acceptable. Complimenting as in, "I like your hair" or "your skirt is adorable" is acceptable. Talking as in, "nice weather" or "how was your day" is acceptable. Harassing as in, "I'd ram you so hard you would not be able to walk" or "I'd like cum all over your face" is not acceptable. Even if a stranger is presenting acceptable behavior to you, you have every right to brush them off. 

For me, I accept the first three just fine and it even can make me happy (despite the attractiveness or status of the stranger). They find me attractive? Cool. However, if a stranger was to grope, slap, or just make a gross statement... It'd disgust me and enrage me because that is so not cool for a stranger to do. I'd probably just react and strike them if they were to touch me wrong. 

As for ages, they don't really matter when only adults are involved. When adults target minors because they are easy targets, that is disgusting. If they didn't know the minor was a minor when flirting, no harm as it was a mistake. If they knew and did it for that reason, that is disgusting.

People just need to use common sense and use common deceny when interacting with strangers.

/End ramble

Me and Butters were on a train ride back from Manchester and these girls who were 16 (I heard them talking about their high school GCSE results so I know they were), kept getting hit on by guys. They looked much younger too.

The second group of big looking frat guys started harassing me too. I told them to fuck off and they moved to the other side of the train pretty quick. There is certainly a problem with gay men.

ftfy m8