Rant: Using "Straight", "White", or "Cis" as an Insult

Sidewalk Surfboard

"No one in this thread" -- what, the two people who are arguing with me? You and Kelly? The only two people who have EVER told me that cisgender doesn't mean "identifies as my sex"? Weird, right?
Cis = "identify as your sex". I've linked to many websites including the fucking gender Wikia that agree with me, and yet you still disagree.
If cis = identify as your sex (which it does, and I've proven this), then if a FtM gets a penis or a MtF gets a vagina, they will become cisgender. They will say "I am of the male sex, and I have the male gender". Therefore they are CIS.

"it transitions them from male to female sexuality identity, get it?"
Sexuality =/= biological genitalia specific to X or Y sex.

You're wrong, Ashley. I know you hate to be wrong, but you are. Please google what cisgender means and read the results. The ones I've pasted here came from the first page so I want you to look past those! Thank you!

Would anyone else like to try to explain it to him?  He seems convinced that trans people can 'become cis' and... I mean really, if he won't get it, he won't get it.  Maybe some other individual will give it a try?

Would anyone else like to try to explain it to him?  He seems convinced that trans people can 'become cis' and... I mean really, if he won't get it, he won't get it.  Maybe some other individual will give it a try?

Given how many people have already tried, I somehow doubt you're going to see any improvement. I honestly can't tell whether he's trolling or just being weird.

Given how many people have already tried, I somehow doubt you're going to see any improvement. I honestly can't tell whether he's trolling or just being weird.

Being completely honest, and nobody has proven me wrong. Stomping your feet and saying "you're wrong" in the face of evidence is just wasting my time!

But I've got time to kill until 4, so I'm willing to read any proof that disagrees with me.

Being completely honest, and nobody has proven me wrong. Stomping your feet and saying "you're wrong" in the face of evidence is just wasting my time!

But I've got time to kill until 4, so I'm willing to read any proof that disagrees with me.

But the Wikipedia article explained what cisgender is perfectly.

Cisgender (often abbreviated to simply cis) describes related types of gender identity perceptions, where individuals' experiences of their own gender agree with the sex they were assigned at birth.[1]

Assigned at birth

Assigned at birth.

Assigned at birth.

I fear you're only trying to find an excuse to make people who use the term "cisgender" when pointing out transphobia or ignorant attitudes feel bad about themselves.

Cis = not trans. Say it with me. :3

Edited by Kellie Gator
  • Like 1

Not to be callous, but people don't have the ability to fully and completely transition so as to be totally indistinguishable from your average cis-gendered person on the street.

Even trans folks who have transitioned to their satisfaction can still be outed in some way--and from there, potentially harassed, interrogated, and denigrated for being trans.

That's why trans people are always trans, to my way of thinking.

Edited by Troj
  • Like 5

Not to be callous, but people don't have the ability to fully and completely transition so as to be totally indistinguishable from your average cis-gendered person on the street.

Even trans folks who have transitioned to their satisfaction can still be outed in some way--and from there, potentially harassed, interrogated, and denigrated for being trans.

That's why trans people are always trans, to my way of thinking.

This really isn't a hard concept to imagine, but thank you for putting it in a way that should be crystal clear.

• 1 month later...

It always makes me laugh when white people actually feel hurt by being called a "cracker". Really? You feel hurt about being called a food item that you have with cheese and dip?

At least white people get called a food when they're called "cracker". Black people get called animals, ignorant, dumb, ugly... Can I be called a food? Black licorice? At least some people like black licorice. Its an acquired taste :V

But no, being called food totally hurts...

My dear Devil, you can be my Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ;D

sofuckinggoodhnnnnnnng