Coming Out Thread

Monochromatic-Dragon

I've recently come to terms with the fact that I'm probably pansexual. With a stronger leaning towards androgynous partners in particular.
But I also completely lose my sex drive for chunks of years at a time?
So I guess I fall somewhere between gray-ace and pan. If that makes any sense.

I don't really see a point to "coming out" to the people in my life, just because it's irrelevant to them. I don't want to get with any of them in particular, and I'm sure my husband would just start shit with me over it, so there's not much point

I'm also, on some level, genderfluid. I want to get a binder and present myself as a male one of these days, but I've been abstaining from doing so because I'm at least 120% certain my husband, at the very least, would be an asshole about it.
Also because of the cost, but that's a lesser issue.

Edited by Vae

Homecoming is just around the corner and I'm actually a bit happy about that but it still raised the fact of my asexuality here and then in my head. Not ashamed in the least in fact I'm very proud of it having come to terms with it personally. However I don't think I'll ever tell my parents until I'm out of the house and on my own as an Adult.

I may have hinted it to them sarcastically like when saying "What if I don't get married ?" In which case they laugh and that's good. But still my mom like most wants grandkids so there's that of course to deal with. Right now telling them would do nothing good or they more than likely say its just a phase and you'll find the right "one" someday...

It's not that concerning to me really. Mostly venting tis all.

Edited by Augmented Husky

Why should your sexual orientation be the final nail in the coffin to whether or not you will end up raising kids? You can like, find those things on the street now or something. Pluck 'em up and raise em as your own. 

I can understand people not wanting kids, though, either by birthing them or just being opposed to the idea of children all together. They are quite nasty. I don't see it as becoming "rewarding" until the kid is at least school-age or able to stop crapping themself. 

• Like 2

Who needs to remember? Remembering is for young punks

Are you a young punk?

I JUST said that I was old

clearly you are not a young punk

Why should your sexual orientation be the final nail in the coffin to whether or not you will end up raising kids? You can like, find those things on the street now or something. Pluck 'em up and raise em as your own. 

I can understand people not wanting kids, though, either by birthing them or just being opposed to the idea of children all together. They are quite nasty. I don't see it as becoming "rewarding" until the kid is at least school-age or able to stop crapping themself. 

children are just tiny people and people are awful

• 5 weeks later...

*dusts this thread off a bit*

So I'm maybe probably going to be coming out to my boyfriend as genderqueer, though I'm still questioning my gender identity. Recently I have felt that perhaps I am not female at all. I have never really related to the female gender entirely, although I identify with some feminine aspects of myself (but mostly just want to be more masculine) 

"male" doesn't quite fit either, but whatever I am seems to be closer to "male" than "female". Its very, very muddled. 

About coming out to my boyfriend, I'm nervous on how he will take it. I seriously doubt he will react negatively or break up with me or someting like that, but the main reason I have put off on telling him is to avoid bringing any additional stress into his already stressful life. I don't want to hold it off any longer, though, because omitting things like that only gets worse over time, and I've already had to lie/omit it a lot.

On top of that, he doesn't understand gender identity at all. He gets confused when I refer to someone as a trans man/trans woman and can't get over biological sex or the idea of cisnormativity. I'm more worried he won't understand my identity or won't be able to respect it. 

I've accepted myself as bisexual with a male preference many years ago. I've never consciously sat down and said "Okay, today I'm going to come out to <person>!" - Its just kind of slipped out in casual conversation, or I've implied it one way or another, and the other person is like "Ah, alright" so, that's what I'm used to in terms of 'coming out'

When it comes to my parents, they don't know about it yet. But I haven't felt compelled to let them know. I'm not afraid of negative reactions, given that they are accepting, but what I am afraid of is having my sexuality, and / or my 'coming out' being made into a big deal, when it really isn't. It's just a small part of me, and I hope that whenever the day comes that they find out about my sexuality, that it'll just be a quick acknowledgement before moving on without lingering on the topic.

I want this to be a continuation of the other thread we had on the old FA forums. There is a very long, helpful copypasta there that instead of copy-pasta-ing here I will leave the link to the thread via the "wayback machine" (https://web.archive.org/web/20110602131647/http://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/31826-Coming-Out-The-Thread)

This thread is for people to discuss coming out as LGBTAQ+. This should be considered a "safe place" within the forum rules for people to come out, receive advice and support for coming out or to tell their stories. 

Please note that this thread is not about "coming out" as furry. For some reason, it was a common misconception in the past. 

Good. GOOD. My degenerate list grows ever larger. 

I've only come out to a few people in my family about being the gay transboy that I am because I just don't see the point. I don't plan on coming out to the rest of my family any time soon either unless idk, I start growing a beard or something weird I guess :/

Actually, I mentioned it earlier in this thread but...is there any reason why I should come out as bi to my parents if I'm not dating someone of the same sex? Just wondering.

if it's not stressing you out that they don't know, I probably wouldn't worry about it. even if you were dating someone of the same sex, only come out if you're comfortable with it

I've been representing myself as a hybrid for quite some time, but I was maybe sorta-kinda semi-half lying...

Please don't flame me for this, in fact.... I...I'M A RACCOON! There, I said it! ;___;

LOL more seriously. I'm 22 and still waiting for physical attraction toward someone. I stopped playing the ostrich and accepted the fact it's probably never going to happen. I don't feel the need to come out as an asexual, especially since I'm not pressured by my parents to have someone in my life. They always told me "If you want to be single, then be!"