The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Naesaki said:

I'm just under the assumption its to stop us using the GTS to trade with ourselves or something.

Yeah, I was thinking it's probably counter cheating methods. I imagine you could probably find some cheap exploit like that or with Mystery gifts and in general make it stupid easy to get and raise Pokemon. Now one thing about the single save file...is there ever a way to delete them? :l

12 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Yeah, I was thinking it's probably counter cheating methods. I imagine you could probably find some cheap exploit like that or with Mystery gifts and in general make it stupid easy to get and raise Pokemon. Now one thing about the single save file...is there ever a way to delete them? :l

Yes, you can delete your save file. It should be in the manual. I know I've done it with my Heart Gold file to get more legendaries to trade for other legendaries to fill out my dex. Alternatively you could probably just go into data management and remove the save file that way.

How, exactly, do I train a smeargle? I need one that has Spore, Hypnosis, False Swipe, and Foresight. But I have never used a smeargle before so I have absolutely no idea how to get the moves I want on one.

Alternately, Soak instead of Hypnosis, to deal with ghost types immune to False Swipe and grass types that are immune to Spore

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, Cyberra said:

How, exactly, do I train a smeargle? I need one that has Spore, Hypnosis, False Swipe, and Foresight. But I have never used a smeargle before so I have absolutely no idea how to get the moves I want on one.

Alternately, Soak instead of Hypnosis, to deal with ghost types immune to False Swipe and grass types that are immune to Spore

Doubles is a nice way to sketch a move

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:19 PM, SirRob said:

I went to Gamestop today but their shipment of robot bugs have not arrived yet. If you don't have it by Monday I could get two... they always ask how many I want so I assume people normally get more than one.

Can you get me two? for me and yellowfox? I can trade events

46 minutes ago, SirRob said:

@Mikazuki Marazhu I went to GameStop today. They still did not have the Genesect cards. Instead they printed a receipt with a code on it. They didn't ask if I wanted multiple so I didn't push for it. Now, I can try going later in the month, but it might be faster and more convenient to ask someone else.

Sweet, are you sure you don't need anything from me?

Also I wanna go into GAME and pick up a Genesect code (been waiting to get this one for such a long time!), but... this is gonna sound stupid, but... what do you, you know, SAY?

When they were doing the Darkrai distribution I asked Mum to go in and get a code for me because I was busy at uni and she went in and they said they didn't do the codes in store any more and I had to go on the website, but... there was nothing along those lines on the website? I have no idea what that was all about. I'm gonna go to the Torquay branch and do it when I pick up Moon.

2 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Also I wanna go into GAME and pick up a Genesect code (been waiting to get this one for such a long time!), but... this is gonna sound stupid, but... what do you, you know, SAY?

When they were doing the Darkrai distribution I asked Mum to go in and get a code for me because I was busy at uni and she went in and they said they didn't do the codes in store any more and I had to go on the website, but... there was nothing along those lines on the website? I have no idea what that was all about. I'm gonna go to the Torquay branch and do it when I pick up Moon.

Well if GAME is anything like GameStop, just politely ask if they have any Genesect codes. They'll know what you're talking about. And if not... just tell them it's the Pokemon that's being distributed right now. And then they'll hand you one, you say thank you, and that's all. Your store likely has been seeing customers go in and out like that for the past year, so there's no need to be nervous or anything.

No idea what the website thing would be about, I don't think any of the Pokemon so far for the event have been distributed via the website. Some have been distributed through newsletters weeks after the event in the store ended, though. Darkrai was one of those Pokemon, so maybe they were talking about that?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Well if GAME is anything like GameStop, just politely ask if they have any Genesect codes. They'll know what you're talking about. And if not... just tell them it's the Pokemon that's being distributed right now. And then they'll hand you one, you say thank you, and that's all. Your store likely has been seeing customers go in and out like that for the past year, so there's no need to be nervous or anything.

No idea what the website thing would be about, I don't think any of the Pokemon so far for the event have been distributed via the website. Some have been distributed through newsletters weeks after the event in the store ended, though. Darkrai was one of those Pokemon, so maybe they were talking about that?

Well, it was while the distribution was still happening, but I'm gonna try my luck in the local branch tomorrow and I guess I'll find out somehow.

Also I played the SM demo today and for some reason I'm super jealous of Plumaria's (sp?) eye makeup even though it's literally exactly the same as mine....? What the fuck, brain?

So I went in and asked about the "code for the Pokemon distribution", and the guy said that was fine and it was all successful! I can only guess that maybe when Mum went in last time she either said the wrong thing and they thought she meant something else entirely, or there was someone working that day who had no idea how to generate the codes and palmed her off because she was just someone's mum and would believe what they said. I dunno. Anyway I have one now so I better get moveset designing!

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-dugtrio/

"In the Alola region, Dugtrio is revered as an incarnation of the god of the land, and it’s treated with great importance. This is why the people of Alola fall to their knees and bow deeply whenever they come across an Alolan Dugtrio that has poked its faces out of its burrow."

omg