The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

46 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

So...

I got traded a Passimian by a guy at the gym. I'm wanting to EV train it, but since I'm only on the 3rd island right now that's easier said than done. I figured instead of fighting 510 LC tier Pokemon in the starting route for Attack and Speed, I would go get my ass kicked in Battle Royal 32 times so I can get the 2 power items I need. I think I've had about 7 ass kickings so far, I might go make some coffee for this

I got shit tons of BP from trying t hit 200 in battle tree. I can get you Power Items

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 9th grade, I bought Soul Silver. I had an Ampharos. I loved that little Ampharos. Raised it from just a level 15 Mareep. Replaced even my starter. First in my party so it could follow behind me.
I trained that little feller all the way to 100 and he was magnificent. Oh we tango'd with Trainer Red and after a tedious 30 minute battle, we knocked that ego down of his.

"!!!..." he said, disappearing from the mountain top.

And then one day, I heard about Pokerus and wanted to get it. My friend had it in his party of Pokemon so I wanted to trade with my friend and have it spread to my other Pokemon. I intended to quickly trade with my Ampharos and trade back. But my DS died because I hadn't charged it leaving my Ampharos on my friend's DS. My friend was very fickle with games on his AceKard and his Pokemon so I told him "Friendo, that is MY Ampharos. I'll meet up with you next time to retrieve him when my DS is charged. Hold onto him please." 

He deleted his entire Heart Gold game from his AceKard.....

76765950.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Finally caught a female salandit!

Congrats man =)

On the topic of Salandit/Salazzle, when does she start to learn GOOD moves? Mine's level 33 now I think.

Also I have a rant to rant about Beldum.

When did it become harder to catch a fuckng BELDUM than a legendary Pokemon? (All of which, by the way, I catch in Poke balls because everything that matters needs to be in a Poke ball and not some random ball). I was using Ultra Balls, I just want to work on the Pokedex and expand Poke Pelago... it kept CALLING MORE BELDUMS FOR HELP. I got 2 shakes on one ball and that was all I was allowed apparently. It struggled itself to death in the end and I still have no Beldum.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

When did it become harder to catch a fuckng BELDUM than a legendary Pokemon? (All of which, by the way, I catch in Poke balls because everything that matters needs to be in a Poke ball and not some random ball). I was using Ultra Balls, I just want to work on the Pokedex and expand Poke Pelago... it kept CALLING MORE BELDUMS FOR HELP. I got 2 shakes on one ball and that was all I was allowed apparently. It struggled itself to death in the end and I still have no Beldum.

I remember when I had my climactic battle with Deoxys in Alpha Sapphire after capturing Rayquaza, and it struggled itself to death. Fun. Not the first or last time I have had that issue. Honestly... there needs to just be a mechanic where if a wild Pokemon has no moves left, it... just goes in whatever ball you want. You've suffered enough.

9 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

When did it become harder to catch a fucking BELDUM than a legendary Pokemon? (All of which, by the way, I catch in Poke balls because everything that matters needs to be in a Poke ball and not some random ball). I was using Ultra Balls, I just want to work on the Pokedex and expand Poke Pelago... it kept CALLING MORE BELDUMS FOR HELP. I got 2 shakes on one ball and that was all I was allowed apparently. It struggled itself to death in the end and I still have no Beldum.

That's what everyone would like to know about beldum XP It (or rather, metagross) is classed as a pseudo-legendary, but that doesn't mean it has to have the catch rate of a friggin' legendary! None of the other pseudos do. One trick I've seen for drawing out the battle is to use something that has the moves Recycle and Trick, then Trick a leppa berry onto the beldum periodically. Only downside is that to get a ghost-type with Recycle (since Take Down can't hit ghosts, so beldum won't hurt itself) you'd have to do it by move tutor in ORAS and then transfer it forward. Which won't be happening till the Bank opens in January.

I never managed to catch beldum in Diamond, despite a lot of trying. All the beldums/metagross I've ever had were the result of breeding.

11 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Congrats man =)

On the topic of Salandit/Salazzle, when does she start to learn GOOD moves? Mine's level 33 now I think.

Sludge Wave TM about half way through the game :v (or buy Sludge Bomb TM from whoever sells TMs, I forgot)
Level 44 for Flamethrower. 
Shit's fucked

I got a midday Lycanroc not long ago and I was pretty happy with how it looks. Now, I've seen the Midnight form and I really want one! I think I'm going to get a rockruff and train it up to 24 the way I like. Then I need to find somebody with Moon to trade with and they can train up the last level and trade it back. I could even do the same for them and get them a midday form. I just need to figure out how the whole trading mechanic works and find somebody willing...

5 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I got a midday Lycanroc not long ago and I was pretty happy with how it looks. Now, I've seen the Midnight form and I really want one! I think I'm going to get a rockruff and train it up to 24 the way I like. Then I need to find somebody with Moon to trade with and they can train up the last level and trade it back. I could even do the same for them and get them a midday form. I just need to figure out how the whole trading mechanic works and find somebody willing...

you can catch the other form late game
s'what i did

• Like 1

_20161227_230724tuq0o.jpg

It's male :c

But ya know, that's ok. I think shiny Salandit looks way better than shiny Salazzle. This little guy is special and I love him, male Salandits need love too! :)

I'm kind of on a shiny hunt right now. Already got a shiny Jolteon and a shiny Alolan Ninetales as well.
Shiny Lycanroc (I'm playing Sun) will be next and maybe I'll go for another shiny Eevee because shiny Sylveon looks amazing.

• Like 1

This did not take long at all :)

_20161228_231750tqskh.jpg

I need recommendations for other shinies to hunt :P

It's funny. In Y I caught my very first shiny. And in Sun I have now caught 4 within a couple of days (Eevee, Alolan Vulpix, Salandit and Rockruff).
I wonder, did they make catching shinies too easy in this generation?
It still takes a lot of luck and if RNGesus isn't on your side chaining a shiny can still take thousands of encounters. I got very lucky and caught all four of them within 100 encounters.
But still, I feel like shinies aren't as rare now as they should be.

But on the other hand, I guess this boosts the value of shinies that aren't available by chaining SOS encounters (like those you have to get through soft resets or breeding) and those that were bred to perfection instead of being caught in the wild.
My shiny alolan Ninetales looks amazing and I love it but it has no perfect IVs, it doesn't have Snow Warning and it has no Moon Blast since it only gets that as an egg move. So as far as competetive battles go, it won't get me very far.

I'm kinda torn when it comes to this. But at least it gives a lazy shmuck like me an easy way to finally get some shinies xD

16 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Is it just me or does Nanu seem like a depressed Vietnam Veteran?

Don't worry he definitely doesn't have PTSD over an event that happened in his past and that definitely won't be revealed in the post game

• Like 1

On 1/2/2017 at 5:34 PM, DrGravitas said:

Is it just me or does Nanu seem like a depressed Vietnam Veteran?

Literally every time he turned up I felt myself die a little more inside.

"Oh great, it's this ray of sunshine again".

Hapu pisses me off too for some reason. She looks like a stuffed doll.

All I can do is find fault with this game, I wish I could like it more >.<. Hopefully post-game I'll chill out with it a bit.

• Like 1

If there is one thing that really annoyed me while playing this game it's how much every NPC is brown nosing you during your adventure.
They are pretty much worshipping you as the perfect trainer... It's like you are playing a Mary Sue.

As for the game overall, it's been fun but I guess I'm kind of done now :T The post-game stuff was pretty neat but I don't feel like getting every last bit.
And attempting to play a little competitively almost seems impossible to me.
The Battle Tree is complete and utter bullshit! It's not only tough as nails but the NPCs have just retarded movesets... Sure go ahead, buff your evasiveness to maximum! I enjoy not being able to hit jack!
Oh and all the cool battle times that you pretty much NEED to play competitively online or effectively in the Battle Tree? Like Choice Specs or mega stones? You have to get BP for that...

I figured I could just skip all that crap and transfer my 'Mons from Y who already have all those items but no! Those hopes and dreams were shattered when I learned that you can't transfer items through the Pokébank. Well at least that means I saved 5€ there...

So yeah. It's been fun. Best Pokémon game I've played in a while but I do not feel like getting destroyed online. I simply don't have the time to breed competitive Über-Pokémon with perfect stats... Which is a stupid concept to begin with if you ask me. So this shiny Lucario that I spent a couple hours on to catch and evolve is useless? And so are the 'Mons I've been using in single player and who I kind of bonded with through my adventure just because their EVs and IVs aren't perfect? Yeah, sure. Fuck you, too.

1 hour ago, Käpt'n said:

So yeah. It's been fun. Best Pokémon game I've played in a while but I do not feel like getting destroyed online. I simply don't have the time to breed competitive Über-Pokémon with perfect stats... Which is a stupid concept to begin with if you ask me. So this shiny Lucario that I spent a couple hours on to catch and evolve is useless? And so are the 'Mons I've been using in single player and who I kind of bonded with through my adventure just because their EVs and IVs aren't perfect? Yeah, sure. Fuck you, too.

Your time would be better spent loving the lemurs and taking pictures and sharing them anyway ♥

Did Passimian make it on your team?

On 1/9/2017 at 6:15 AM, Käpt'n said:

If there is one thing that really annoyed me while playing this game it's how much every NPC is brown nosing you during your adventure.
They are pretty much worshipping you as the perfect trainer... It's like you are playing a Mary Sue.

As for the game overall, it's been fun but I guess I'm kind of done now :T The post-game stuff was pretty neat but I don't feel like getting every last bit.
And attempting to play a little competitively almost seems impossible to me.
The Battle Tree is complete and utter bullshit! It's not only tough as nails but the NPCs have just retarded movesets... Sure go ahead, buff your evasiveness to maximum! I enjoy not being able to hit jack!
Oh and all the cool battle times that you pretty much NEED to play competitively online or effectively in the Battle Tree? Like Choice Specs or mega stones? You have to get BP for that...

I figured I could just skip all that crap and transfer my 'Mons from Y who already have all those items but no! Those hopes and dreams were shattered when I learned that you can't transfer items through the Pokébank. Well at least that means I saved 5€ there...

I dont bother IV breeding. just hit level 100 and hyper train.

On 9.1.2017 at 0:49 AM, SirRob said:

Your time would be better spent loving the lemurs and taking pictures and sharing them anyway ♥

Did Passimian make it on your team?

I caught a female Passimian and called her Andora after the black and white ruffed lemur (which Passimian is based on) who always sits on my lap :3

31399982530_7023eee1c4_b.jpgLemur by Mathias Appel, auf Flickr

7 hours ago, SirRob said:

Honestly I feel like it would be easier to IV breed in this game than do hyper training. There just isn't a good way to grind in this game. Only get one Lucky Egg and no O-Powers, and no cheap tricks like in ORAS.

Yeah... That is true. I find it kind of ridiculous that they gave us no way to train effectively in a game in which level 100 unlocks a major feature when ORAS had easy ways to power level O_o
Although my Decidueye actually is level 100. I got it from level 69 to 100 very quickly while hunting for a shiny Riolu. Riolu can't touch it because Decidueye is a ghost sniper and the occasional Chansey gives you 3k exp.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chaosmasterdelta said:

What is unlocked at level 100?

Hyper training. Apparently that lets you max the IVs for bottle caps. But it also doesn't because apparently that effect doesn't count for every aspect where IVs matter...

By the way, do these "virtual IVs" from hyper training matter in online battles?

I hate this IV nonsense anyway... The game keeps on preaching about the bond between trainer and Pokémon but then it also gives you the tools to breed über-Pokémon that you NEED to kick ass online so you can let the team that carried you through the elite four rot in a box.
I mean seriously. Some Pokémon are useless without breeding! I took a look at Alolan Ninetales and the competetive moves for it are all egg moves!
By the way, I still think that all fairy 'Mons should be able to learn Moonblast on their own, but that's just me >__>

I agree Kapt'n, Hyper Training is a good start but GameFreak really does need to take it a couple steps further. Even if the method is convoluted as crap, it'd be nice to give existing Pokemon egg moves, hidden abilities and better natures in addition to IVs. I think it'd actually feel more natural for things to be done that way, since our characters are Trainers, not breeders.