The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

Apparently double hunting with my DS lite next to my 3DS is causing my squeaky new shiny charm to transfer its effect over to Gen 4. I'm hunting assorted shiny Unowns at Diamond's Solaceon Ruins and I caught two of them less than 1,000 REs apart.

In other news, though, I keep getting my arse kicked at the 23rd battle in Y's battle maison.

Edited by Cyberra

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is out! Supposedly its the best PMD game yet, beating out even Explorers of Sky. Its certainly got a lot of cool features.

Copying/pasting this:

New features:
-All 720 Pokémon that were officially revealed at the time are present in the game.
-Accessories are now visible on both the player and partner in the overworld and in dungeons.
-As the first entry in the series released during Generation VI, it introduces Mega Evolution and the Fairy type to the series.
-Mega Evolution allows Pokémon to become more powerful, attack multiple enemies, and break down walls.
-The Progress Device allows players to save inside of dungeons.
-Wands, items that can be used multiple times, are introduced.
-The Connection Orb replaces the bulletin boards as the interface for taking jobs. -By completing jobs, clients become friends and connections to more Pokémon appear.
-In addition to returning stores, stores called Hawlucha's Slam School, Café Connection, Klefki's Rockin' Lock, (Japanese: ニャースシアター Meowth Theater), and (Japanese: ラプラス大陸便 Lapras Intercontinental Travel) are available.
-When all team members surround an enemy Pokémon, called an Alliance, moves that would normally be not very effective ignore type matchups.
-Items called looplets and emeras are introduced. By putting emeras into a held looplet, Pokémon can be powered up. Any emera obtained in a dungeon disappear when leaving it.
-A (Japanese: ジュークボックス jukebox) feature allows players to listen to music from the games and even previous titles in the series.

Returning features:
-The Deposit Box once again replaces Kangaskhan Storage.
-The Belly mechanic makes a return.
-The personality test that featured in the first two installments returns; however, it is optional.

Should I make a thread specifically for Super Mystery Dungeon and/or the Mystery Dungeon series, or will this topic be able to handle the en masse posts about Mystery Dungeon I'll likely be doing/hoping to see? Semi joking, semi serious here. I WANT THAT MYSTERY DUNGEON.

I'm still waiting for the retail version here. It's not out here yet. Maybe it'll be out tomorrow hopefully. 

I hope so. What country are you from?

Edited by Battlechili

Should I make a thread specifically for Super Mystery Dungeon and/or the Mystery Dungeon series, or will this topic be able to handle the en masse posts about Mystery Dungeon I'll likely be doing/hoping to see? Semi joking, semi serious here. I WANT THAT MYSTERY DUNGEON.

I hope so. What country are you from?

Our copies are imported from Singapore.  I've been checking the game store website but still no announcement  that it's already available.  Hopefully it'll be available by tomorrow. Or I might just go ahead and buy an eshop card. Tho the retail one would be quite cheaper. Since we get a discount when paying in cash. 

Can someone who plays in ORAS rather than XY possibly give me a hand with something? I bred out a competitive magikarp and evolved it to gyarados, and I want it to learn the move Crunch. Problem is, gyarados learns Crunch by level-up in ORAS but not XY. It's at lvl 40 now; it learns the move at lvl 41. Could I possibly send it to someone with ORAS to learn the move, then be sent back to me? I'll send it holding a rare candy to level it up with.

Edited by Cyberra

I finally got a copy of Super Mystery Dungeon. I'm a Fennekin and my partner is a Riolu. I don't really get why we're all kids forced to go to school. In any case...The dialogue is REALLY good. Everything sounds really natural and realistic to how people would talk. The game is also really cute.

Edited by Battlechili

I finally got a copy of Super Mystery Dungeon. I'm a Fennekin and my partner is a Riolu. I don't really get why we're all kids forced to go to school. In any case...The dialogue is REALLY good. Everything sounds really natural and realistic to how people would talk. The game is also really cute.

The personality quiz gave me Fennekin, too.

I'll try to rescue somebody if they post their QR/passcodes here. That's one of my favorite parts of PMD.

I feel like a chump for sticking with what the personality quiz gave me, then =b I wanted a water-type so that I could walk on the water tiles, but fire's a good type, I guess.

It gave me Bulbasaur as a partner, which I would have changed if Meowth were still an option for a partner, but Bulbasaur's fine.

...I take the lack of response to be a "no", then...

I can. Just wasn't on much last night. 

Would Gyarados be able to be traded back with the move?

------------

The Mystery Dungeon gave me Squirtle but the description felt wrong so I re-took it and got Riolu and chose Fennekin as a partner. I'm approaching the final arc. :3

I can. Just wasn't on much last night. 

Would Gyarados be able to be traded back with the move?

------------

The Mystery Dungeon gave me Squirtle but the description felt wrong so I re-took it and got Riolu and chose Fennekin as a partner. I'm approaching the final arc. :3

Yes please :) I need the move Crunch on it but Crunch is not available as a level-up move on gyarados in Y. It's at lvl 40 right now and is holding a rare candy.

So I just finished the main story of super mystery dungeon and I have to say. That was really beautiful. Then again, I haven't played pmd games since the first gba ones. I wish the main Pokémon games had story this awesome. 

I especially loved all the music played by the end scenes and dungeons and battles. And it looks really gorgeous in 3d. I also liked the nods to the other games in this series like team act and all that. 

I am having a very difficult time with Super Mystery Dungeon. I wasn't expecting the game to be difficult at all! I am doing a mission that is rated one star in difficulty, and one enemy has a move that knocks out my entire team in one hit! What are the five star difficulty missions like, huh?!

I am having a very difficult time with Super Mystery Dungeon. I wasn't expecting the game to be difficult at all! I am doing a mission that is rated one star in difficulty, and one enemy has a move that knocks out my entire team in one hit! What are the five star difficulty missions like, huh?!

Can I rescue you next time you die? =3

And Cyberra, I'll see about possibly getting a Clauncher for you tomorrow. I'll try, at least...

Edited by Eggdodger

*gives you a weird look* It's a lobster pokemon. I can't catch one myself because it's version exclusive to X and I have Y

*gives you a silly look* It's a joke. Like I said, I'll see if I can help.

Edited by Eggdodger

im guessing that'd be from a heliolosk who used razor wind. Happened to me a lot too. I had to rescue myself a couple of times. Thank goodness ye get team ACT quite early. Hell. Even with them around, I had a really tough time with a 2 star mission  at the 2nd floor. 

5 star missions are like crazy dude. Ye really gotta watch yer moves and have a good stock of wands and orbs and berries and seeds. Amd good emera hunting! I've only finished a couple of those missions. And those with lower floors only cuz I don't think I'd last more than 3 floors. Haha. 

I did notice that items are really important! I've run into Heliolisk, but the Pokemon I'm talking about is Trapinch with Earth Power. I'm doing the mission where I have to take a ribbon from Liepard. 

If I really run into trouble, I could use the higher level Pokemon like Salamence. If even that doesn't work out though, I might ask for your help, Eggdodger!

Ah. That's the same mission I mentioned. I thought I'd get back to it after a few level ups. But that proved to be useless. Lol. I finally gave up on relying on my levels and ended up using the stay away wand. 

I should try out rescuing and being rescued too. I've just been rescuing myself.

Ah. That's the same mission I mentioned. I thought I'd get back to it after a few level ups. But that proved to be useless. Lol. I finally gave up on relying on my levels and ended up using the stay away wand. 

I should try out rescuing and being rescued too. I've just been rescuing myself.

I beat it with a stayaway wand, too. Although I knocked the Natu out because I wanted to satiate my thirst for blood at least ONCE before going after Liepard. I figured the petrified status would go away after a while, but the other two Pokemon never went after me after I whacked them with the stick.

I've rescued myself a couple of times... but lately I've just been resuming from the previous save. Usually when I lose, that means I've also run out of healing and revival items, which just sets me up for a quick failure even after I rescue myself. Maybe when dungeons get longer, I'll stop doing that.

Edited by SirRob

I beat it with a stayaway wand, too. Although I knocked the Natu out because I wanted to satiate my thirst for blood at least ONCE before going after Liepard. I figured the petrified status would go away after a while, but the other two Pokemon never went after me after I whacked them with the stick.

I've rescued myself a couple of times... but lately I've just been resuming from the previous save. Usually when I lose, that means I've also run out of healing and revival items, which just sets me up for a quick failure even after I rescue myself. Maybe when dungeons get longer, I'll stop doing that.

You can rescue yourself? (I don't know because I haven't died yet) Wow, that's kind of dumb... I thought the point was to encourage interactivity with other people

I've never played a Mystery Dungeon game. I'm think about trying the new one, if it's not a bad place to start...

It's a great place to start! You don't have sticks or rocks like in Explorers. They've been replaced with spikes, which aren't nearly as plentiful, and wands, which have different effects on Pokemon within line of sight. They're gamechangers, and require you to do more than spam the "throw" button (like I would often do with rocks and sticks in previous games)

I need to find the box I put my DS in. I don't remember my FC. I think one of my favorites, of the new gen, is Dwebble.

Dwebble's one of my favorites! Such a cutie (although it was a Gen V Poke)

You can rescue yourself? (I don't know because I haven't died yet) Wow, that's kind of dumb... I thought the point was to encourage interactivity with other people

it is sorta weird. I don't think the previous games had this option. But it's quite welcome if may say so myself. 

was tempted to kill em all. But didnt want to risk it too much. don't think they will recover if yer not in the same room. If used that stick a lot and they don't seem to come after me unless I happen to go inside the same room. 

I tend to be really care fully when I get revived and go wand spamming when i need to stayaway wand is yer friend. I mean. Ye can only get revived 5 times. So gotta make sure I stay alive. I also bring an escape orb and revive orb just in case. Since ye also get to keep the items yer rescuers get, I don't think it's a bad trade off. 

If you're patient, you can poison a tough Pokemon and then run from it/cast stayaway on it til it dies. I defeated, then recruited a level 50 Salamence at level 10 that way (I already used a Blast Seed on it, though-- otherwise I might have run out of food).

If you're patient, you can poison a tough Pokemon and then run from it/cast stayaway on it til it dies. I defeated, then recruited a level 50 Salamence at level 10 that way (I already used a Blast Seed on it, though-- otherwise I might have run out of food).

My partner burned him and I warped him away because he was wrecking lives. I then proceeded to run around and try to find him again. The burn damage sure added up.

That

Jirachi

boss fight came out of nowhere lol. The rock version of the boss theme was pretty solid though.

Now on Chapter 13. I'm heading out to sea!

With Salamence I just spammed reviver seeds and now I've had a shortage ever since lol

Confuse orbs and petrify wands help.