The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From grinding the meowth stage I got up to 13,000 coins (and meowth finally deigned to stay in the damn ball). Decided to try regirock without items first and damn near beat it, so I decided to spend the coins for a mega start and an attack power+ and beat it with 11 moves to spare. Caught it in a great ball. Will now resume coin grinding and leveling 'mons to take on registeel. Also caught the event mewtwo and will begin training that as well.

Of the expert stages I've only caught absol so far, though I have tried rotom and articuno. Am thinking of taking sableye/mega sableye, combusken, mienshao, and donphan in against registeel since it's weak to fire, fighting, and ground and neutral to dark (I don't have a fire or fighting mega, nor am I likely to until I reach mega medicham since the blazikenite, charizardite, and lucarionite are only available from the competition stages and I have no hope in hell of ever winning one)

Edited by Cyberra

Just now, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Cyberra Dear... Do you still have a life?

Never had one to begin with. I live in the ass-end of nowhere... There's nowhere to go or do unless I want to go get plastered (and I don't drink), and I have not had any IRL friends since long before I started playing pokemon. I spend all night on the computer and sleep most of the day. Don't have my own car anymore (it rusted to hell and was scrapped) and my parents are stingy about letting me use their because they think I'll use up all the gas. So nope, no life.

Don't suppose you have a female moon ball chatot lying around I could trade for?

2 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

Never had one to begin with. I live in the ass-end of nowhere... There's nowhere to go or do unless I want to go get plastered (and I don't drink), and I have not had any IRL friends since long before I started playing pokemon. I spend all night on the computer and sleep most of the day. Don't have my own car anymore (it rusted to hell and was scrapped) and my parents are stingy about letting me use their because they think I'll use up all the gas. So nope, no life.

Don't suppose you have a female moon ball chatot lying around I could trade for?

If I do.. will you turn off your 3DS for 20 minutes? I feel like your 3DS gets more abuse than a 12 year old with 20 men with pedophilia

5 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Fine fine. Let me summarize your order, that will be 1 Female Chatot, HA, 6IV and in a Moon Ball?

Would you like Chatot medium rare or well done?

Can you even get a HA chatot in a moon ball? >.> Random IVs and normal abilities are fine

Edited by Cyberra

I started playing the Pokemon fangame "Pokemon Reborn". Its fantastic. Its like the creators took everything good about the entirety of the Pokemon series, and only added more good to it. Like, mechanically its more complex than Pokemon, such as that it adds field abilities and makes individual moves have different effects on the fields. It sometimes comes off as a tad unnecessarily edgy story-wise, but otherwise, I love it!

Also stuff like this happens. Its horrifying. In a good way.5679def8d57a4_pokemonreborn4.thumb.png.7

Registeel was caught without much fuss in shuffle. I also managed to catch lucario on the first try, though moltres took three attempts. Trained them up and took them in against regice, along with mawile/mega mawile and regirock. Regice decided to be difficult and needed two tries to be caught. Will be training it and registeel while grinding meowth so I can tackle the real prize, regigigas. Though I am somewhat handicapped by the lack of a fighting mega, since regigigas' only real weakness is fighting. Too bad I can't just ask to borrow a lucarionite just long enough to catch regigigas. I'm either going to take mega mawile or mega ampharos in, though I'm leaning toward ampharos since it's currently my strongest mega.

I haven't beaten mega gengar yet. Been using the coins to beat the regis. Was gonna go back to grinding for the mega gengar stage after I get regigigas. So as of yet mega ampharos is my strongest, at lvl 6. >.>;;;;; I seem to have a tendency to lean toward megas that blow up as much of the board as possible; I'm not the most strategic player.

I caught Regigigas :D

Edited by Cyberra

It'd be rad for Gamefreak to release a Shaymin event in the main games. 

I went to McDonalds a few days ago to pick up Hoopa in both Y and Alpha Sapphire. I tried to be as inconspicuous as possible, but I think that just makes me stand out more. Got some streetpasses too though, which was awesome.

Edited by SirRob

Added keldeo to my stables in stage 9 of the escalation battle, in a pokeball at a 9% catch rate.

I haven't gotten a single streetpass in months. Apparently there are very few pokemon players where I live. I took my 3DS to Halifax, the provincial capital, for a Journey concert back in July and only got a single streetpass there, too

Finally got past mega gengar. Also reached and beat mega mewtwo. When I reached the froakie stage I realized I did not have a good electric-type aside from ampharos, or a really powerful grass-type, so I went to the expert stages, where I caught zapdos and sceptile. Gonna camp the meowth stage for a while, putting some levels on sceptile, zapdos, and shaymin. Also gonna need them to catch either blastoise or swampert, since my lineup of water-types is pitiful.

• 2 weeks later...

First post of the new year...

I'm up to the doublade stage. Coin grinding meowth again. I caught articuno, blastoise, and charizard from the expert levels and am working on getting them leveled up. Also went back and finally caught slowbro so now I have all of the megas available in-game up to the doublade stage. Used some of my Christmas money to get a $20 nintendo eshop card so I could take advantage of the "free jewel" thing going on, supposed to add six free jewels to any purchase except singles. I bought a set of 12 but did not receive the extra ones. Hoping they'll appear when I check in next. I will not be using the jewels for normal gameplay, though. I'm saving them for event stages that offer mega stones, so I can have at least a fighting chance of getting the stone.

In Y finally hatched my shiny woobat after almost 3,900 eggs, with the shiny charm. Also hatched a shiny chatot. Marazhu, if you need the original chatot back, you can take it.

Edited by Cyberra

I'm taking part in the mega swampert competition stage... So far I'm ranked in the top 900 out of 32,000 participants. I was looking at the leaderboard and I have to ask, where the hell are people getting ditto? I don't see ditto listed anywhere in the main stages, expert stages, or special stages. I can't even find it on the main pokemon list!

Edited by Cyberra

I know I'm very late to the party, but I got Omega Ruby finally.

So when I was a kid I began with Treecko, called him Extra (after the chewing gum. I ended up losing this Sceptile, also the first Pokemon I ever legally got up to level 100, when I moved him over to Pearl and corrupted the save doing the tweaking glitch). But I decided this time I wanted to go the Mudkip route. So I was preparing to have to reset a bunch of times until I got an Adamant nature. And then I decided I wanted a girl Mudkip - but I know I can't be picky and ask for a female AND Adamant starter...

So I think I was on try 6. And it was a shiny Mudkip =O AND it was a girl =O =O So I decided I didn't care what the nature was and kept with it. Relaxed, in the end, so not terrible.

I'm loving OR so much right now!!!

Some background: I have a pretty huge crush sexual obsession with Steven. I just got to the mega stone part with Latios/Latias.

OH MY GOD. Soaring on the back of Latios with freakin' Steven of all people! And getting to fight alongside him and prove myself to him... And he is the one who gives you the mega bracelet! I was swooning so damn hard! I've not looked at much material about these games so I don't know what new stuff has been added so I'm hella excited for what's to come!

On that note, I got the egg recently from Lavaridge. I know you got one in the original games, but I totally forgot what it is, and I'm determined to not spoil it for myself by looking it up, so I'm just so excited to see what it is.

Of the two, Latios is my least favourite though. Not sure why. Me and my brother would trade for each other's (he preferred Latios) and I'd have his Latias, and all was good. But now I'm thinking I'll keep him just because the plot leading up to all of that was pretty cool. I'll see what his IVs are like.

47 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I'm loving OR so much right now!!!

Some background: I have a pretty huge crush sexual obsession with Steven. I just got to the mega stone part with Latios/Latias.

OH MY GOD. Soaring on the back of Latios with freakin' Steven of all people! And getting to fight alongside him and prove myself to him... And he is the one who gives you the mega bracelet! I was swooning so damn hard! I've not looked at much material about these games so I don't know what new stuff has been added so I'm hella excited for what's to come!

On that note, I got the egg recently from Lavaridge. I know you got one in the original games, but I totally forgot what it is, and I'm determined to not spoil it for myself by looking it up, so I'm just so excited to see what it is.

Of the two, Latios is my least favourite though. Not sure why. Me and my brother would trade for each other's (he preferred Latios) and I'd have his Latias, and all was good. But now I'm thinking I'll keep him just because the plot leading up to all of that was pretty cool. I'll see what his IVs are like.

Let me know if you need help xD

Here is a chat log of me sharing a couple of ideas for pokemon fanfiction and a pokemon visual novel since I dont want to type all of this again. This is my first time sharing a chat log so I assume I just paste it into the post and remove the other person's name.

[4:16:12 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: I also do fanfiction. None of it ever leaves my head though since its just for me
[4:16:23 AM] Guy: haha
[4:16:32 AM] Guy: Interestingly
[4:17:03 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: Its mostly pokemon stuff
[4:17:15 AM] Guy: mmm Pokemon
[4:17:34 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: I can tell you what one is about
[4:17:39 AM] Guy: sure
[4:18:16 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: its about what delia ketchum does while ash is away
[4:18:26 AM] Guy: O_o
[4:18:34 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: not sexual
[4:18:34 AM] Guy: I assume sex
[4:18:38 AM] Guy: Oh xD
[4:19:26 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: she secretly uses his stuff to pretend that she is a pokemon trainer
[4:19:38 AM] Guy: Ooo
[4:21:13 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: its starts off silly, but turns dark when it is revealed that she was going to actual be one, but ash was born and now she resents him for stealing her dream
[4:21:23 AM] Guy: O_o
[4:22:22 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: So every time he came back home, she had to resist the urge to kill him
[4:22:35 AM] Guy: o_O
[4:22:48 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: to messed up?
[4:22:55 AM] Guy: lil bit
[4:22:59 AM] Guy: I've read worse but...
[4:23:36 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: I also thought of a different version thats lighter
[4:24:11 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: while playing with his stuff, she lost all the badges and has to earn replacments before he come back
[4:24:25 AM] Guy: Interesting xD
[4:24:30 AM] Guy: Both.. very weird xD
[4:26:14 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: there is anothing thing I thought of, a visual novel type game where all the pokemon are humans
[4:26:26 AM] Guy: Oh?
[4:26:35 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: Pokemans
[4:26:46 AM] Guy: haha, the pun tho x3
[4:27:54 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: the paths so far are with hitmonchan, stunfisk, lacario
[4:28:11 AM] Guy: I can see this getting sexual
[4:28:50 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: I havnt thought of the middle part yet though
[4:28:58 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: also non sexual
[4:29:11 AM] Guy: Aww
[4:29:24 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: you can pretend it is though
[4:29:32 AM] Guy: haha xD
[4:29:43 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: since its just imagination
[4:29:50 AM] Guy: FOR NOW
[4:30:10 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: also there are no good endings so far
[4:30:17 AM] Guy: Aww
[4:31:24 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: all ending involve mewtwo (with his powers because of how he comes to exist) destroying the world
[4:31:38 AM] Guy: o_o
[4:32:12 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: the best of these endings so far is the one where hitmon chan literaly punches mewtwo out and paralized him
[4:32:30 AM] Guy: haha xD
[4:32:36 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: but mewtwo doesnt need any physical power
[4:33:06 AM] Chaosmaster Delta: it starts to look like a good ending but he just gets back up
[4:33:24 AM] Guy: Mmm true he is a Psychic type :V

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing a randomized ROM of Pokermans Red on my tablet right now, just for shits and giggles.
My starter was a Poliwag and currently my other 5 Pokermans are a Haunter, an Eevee, a Dragonite, a Slowbro and a Gloom. Note that so far I didn't even earn a single badge, I played for like half an hour :V

17 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

I'm playing a randomized ROM of Pokermans Red on my tablet right now, just for shits and giggles.
My starter was a Poliwag and currently my other 5 Pokermans are a Haunter, an Eevee, a Dragonite, a Slowbro and a Gloom. Note that so far I didn't even earn a single badge, I played for like half an hour :V

I've always dreamed to having a dragonite for a starter, I think Fox and I have a pokestory of ourselves xD

13 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I've always dreamed to having a dragonite for a starter, I think Fox and I have a pokestory of ourselves xD

This Dragonite sucks though, it has wrap, agility, leer and thunder wave...
And the next move it learns at level 10 is... Thunder wave again. And at level 20 it lears... Agility.
I really need some TMs to make this thing useful. Otherwise it just ends up in a box as the biggest cock tease of all time XP
Slowbro and Haunter are gonna take forever to learn new moves as well.

So I really wanted one of the Mews Nintendo is distributing, but unfortunately I live 100mi from the nearest GameStop with pretty much 0% chance of getting out that way in the near future. However, I noticed that there was a thread on r/pokemon where people would be giving away any extra codes, so I figured what the hell and pinned the tab in my browser.

Later, I went and checked it, and some guy had offered up a free code to the first person to reply with a drawing of Mew. There were no replies yet, so I dashed to my iPad, pooped this out,

Attachment-1.thumb.jpeg.93a5e94e0751d29a

emailed it to myself, ran back to my computer to upload it to imgur, and slammed down that reply button. And I did it. I beat everyone to the punch. >:}

Here it is:
IMG_0883.thumb.jpg.be7e5776708eefa1f532b

I have the same problem... There are no EB Games stores within 100 miles of me (I live in Canada). Closest one I know of is in Halifax, five hours away. I have a mew already, though... I traded for one a couple years back. I'm more worried about genesect and keldeo, which I have never been able to get

17 minutes ago, Luca said:

I was given to the ability to take a few mew codes but I didn't. I kinda felt shitty taking more than I should have...

Why would ye do that?! Ye could've gotten us all codes. xD

Ye could've monopolized the Phoenix market and asked for a new car in exchange for that.