The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is! So much must be sacrificed to down that b*tch! 

I normally run focus sash technician breloom that OHKO using rock tomb

unless focus sash gets broken first. I remember that battle we had. I didn't know ye had focus sash but luckily stealth rock broke it for me. I would've been a goner. 

Yo. My fc (temp hopefully) is 1736-3825-1652. 

I have XY and ORAS. 

Ticked that shuffle launched Megazard when my 3ds is dead. DX

I added yer temp one. I wonder if youll still be able to recover yer old friend code tho. And im sorry to hear. I remember you wanted mega zard when they first announce mega saur. 

I play Alpha Sapphire :D My friendcode is 4055-4854-0227! I also play Rumble, Shuffle, and Trozei

I got nerdy excited because I just had an Eevee hatch with perfect 6's across the board. Not sure what I'll have it evolve into, as its nature has no effect on stat gains D:

Why not just keep it as an eevee? maybe whore it out? xD

Anyone excited for Pokemon GO? When I saw the trailer, couldn't hold back my tears. 

We'll still have to see how this one will go. But it was some pretty exciting news.The thing in the trailer would never happen tho. Im sure people wont come out into the streets and do battle like that.

We'll still have to see how this one will go. But it was some pretty exciting news.The thing in the trailer would never happen tho. Im sure people wont come out into the streets and do battle like that.

You never know, personally it gives me more of a reason to go out side. If the hype train keeps going and growing, It's a possibility you'll see people out more, playing the game. Still I understand it's only a trailer, and a really good on IMO, it's meant to be over the top to create the hype.

I guess in world of Pokemon Go, Children do not have smart phones and the game is only played by 20ish year olds.

I hope so, still yes, children do have smart phones but it's not like there parents are going to let them roam free. It's only a matter of time i guess. 

I really like pokemon in theory, but I'm a huge autist and have to min-max everything I possibly can and pokemon breeding and EV training is basically designed for insane people like me to lose themselves in until they find themselves living in the dumpster outside of McDonalds to leech the wifi after they lose their jobs and can't pay rent.

• Like 1

I added yer temp one. I wonder if youll still be able to recover yer old friend code tho. And im sorry to hear. I remember you wanted mega zard when they first announce mega saur. 

I should once it is repaired. I keep having to push repairs back but it should be soon. Online people says it's a blown fuse, loose wire, or a torn wire so it should be repairable. Hopefully. Should have listend to my instincts and retired it months ago.

Yup, evil shuffle. Right when I can't play. DX

Speaking of Shuffle, $#%&ing Regice! Easily the most frustrating event Pokemon to catch yet. I might have to spend my reserve jewels so I can catch it, 'cause I spent my coins on Charizard Y and I can't reliably beat the thing itemless. (And even when I do beat it, I only have about a 10% catch rate)

I get shinies off WT all the time. Especially on Wednesdays [Wonder Trade Wednesdays is a thing]. I love Wonder Trading. @-@

o3o I'll have to remember that for next Wednesday

Speaking of Shuffle, $#%&ing Regice! Easily the most frustrating event Pokemon to catch yet. I might have to spend my reserve jewels so I can catch it, 'cause I spent my coins on Charizard Y and I can't reliably beat the thing itemless. (And even when I do beat it, I only have about a 10% catch rate)

I couldn't beat Lugia, even when I was armed to the teeth with mega start and extra time...nawp. >:U

I tell ye. That guy is quite sturdy. I was lucky enough to catch him at 16 percent. 

Masuda Method + Charm is still completely random

=P

I've had such extremes in numbers makes me wonder. Goomy took well over 1300 eggs to hatch WITH charm and Masuda Method, yet I got a Lapras on the first egg. So.

what?! 1300 eggs? Isn't that a bit too much? if I'm not mistaken with Masuda + charm you get something like 1/130 chance of getting shiny?

isnt she specially defensive? Why modest?

Goodra - Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP  252 Sp. Attack  8 Speed
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Tail

I use Modest for the sp attack boost to help Assault vest even more while covering special* defense.

Edited by Mander
I type gooder

Care to play singles with me?

I'd love to, I just need to get a team put together. I actually lost that Goodra in an unfortunate [read: dumbass] moment where I forgot to empty my battle box and did a game reset. It has Gooey instead of Sap Sipper now, but it's shiny so w/e.

Edited by Mander

Ahhh pokemon, the game series that i will drop every last dime to get, and never finish the game since gen five. Seriously i own/have owned 2 copies of each gen, the middle of each gen, and the remakes, and i've just gotten o where I will get up to the final bit of the game and just quit. But I have carried my pokemon over from the original saphire and ruby to the new versions.

Ahhh pokemon, the game series that i will drop every last dime to get, and never finish the game since gen five. Seriously i own/have owned 2 copies of each gen, the middle of each gen, and the remakes, and i've just gotten o where I will get up to the final bit of the game and just quit. But I have carried my pokemon over from the original saphire and ruby to the new versions.

You get a special in-game plaque if you go to the hotel with all the gamefreak staff in it and talk to the guy wearing the charizard pants if they're in your party. I transferred a Latias and Kyogre. :D

Edited by Mander

You get a special in-game plaque if you go to the hotel with all the gamefreak staff in it and talk to the guy wearing the charizard pants if they're in your party. I transferred a Latias and Kyogre. :D

I totallly didn't know that, and I have the game guides. lol, I haven't even bothered to finish playing x and y, I still have to beat that and AS

Have you done the other escalation battles? Usually the level 50 one is a big jump in difficulty, but then it gets easy again until the next milestone.

I think I've only done the first one till level 50. I don't really use the mega speed up so I just stop at the milestone before level 50. 

Masuda Method + Charm is still completely random

=P

I've had such extremes in numbers makes me wonder. Goomy took well over 1300 eggs to hatch WITH charm and Masuda Method, yet I got a Lapras on the first egg. So.

I was Masuda Methoding yanma and it took me over 2,500 eggs. My next hunt, snover, was just shy of 2,800 eggs. Without shiny charm, though... I'm currently at 720 seen/714 caught dex completion