The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finally got my hands on the game

I opened the box to see an ad for the z-ring bracelet

and there's a little kid playing his 3ds in the ad and i'm just thinking "this is the intended audience for the game that I, a person over twice the kid's age, purchased"

neat

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SirRob said:

So I finally got my hands on the game

I opened the box to see an ad for the z-ring bracelet

and there's a little kid playing his 3ds in the ad and i'm just thinking "this is the intended audience for the game that I, a person over twice the kid's age, purchased"

neat

We were playing these games first.

21 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

We were playing these games first.

YEAH those kids don't know how to APPRECIATE it like us VETERANS

---

Litten accepted me as its trainer... I felt so touched. Then I saw that it had a +SpA -Spe nature and reset

Just now, SirRob said:

Litten accepted me as its trainer... I felt so touched. Then I saw that it had a +SpA -Spe nature and reset

Really? Meh.

I just play the story mode with whatever I catch as they are, and then afterwards I focus on breeding the unstoppable jugger team of death.

This game feels so different from previous Pokemon games. It confuses me a little. Before I'd always pick 6 Pokemon over the course of the entire game to train, but because of the way EXP share works, and because most wild Pokemon are around the same level as the trainers in the area, even Pokemon in my party I had no intention of training are becoming almost as good as the ones I did intend to train. My whole party feels useful and this in general is making me extremely OP.

I currently have in my party:

• Popplio (Lv 14)
  • Butterfree (Lv 13)
  • Abra (Lv 11)
  • Yungoos (Lv 11)
  • Wingull (Lv 11)
  • Magnemite (Lv 11)

Also if you can't tell from my party, the game reuses a lot of older Pokemon rather than filling itself with completely brand new Pokemon. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of new mons this time around.

14 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

...today is the 18th. The games came out today, didn't they?

I thought tomorrow was the 18th for some reason so I made plans to go get it tomorrow. I guess missing out on 24 hours of playing it is an appropriate punishment for my stupidity

You're in the UK like me right? Pokemon isn't out in the UK or EU until the 23rd :S *goes to cry some more*

1 hour ago, Naesaki said:

You're in the UK like me right? Pokemon isn't out in the UK or EU until the 23rd :S *goes to cry some more*

God damn it... I thought I only had to avoid hearing about the story/gameplay for another 1 day. Also I was counting down to Saturday all week.

At least I didn't go in today and look stupid asking about it.

18 hours ago, Battlechili said:

This game feels so different from previous Pokemon games. It confuses me a little. Before I'd always pick 6 Pokemon over the course of the entire game to train, but because of the way EXP share works, and because most wild Pokemon are around the same level as the trainers in the area, even Pokemon in my party I had no intention of training are becoming almost as good as the ones I did intend to train. My whole party feels useful and this in general is making me extremely OP.

It was the same with XY and ORAS. It seems to have become a standard thing you get in the games now. In case you prefer to train more traditionally, you can access the exp.share in your key items pocket and turn it off.

2 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Does anyone know if Sun/Moon will link up with ORAS or XY for trading purposes? I haven't had the opportunity to try with anyone yet.

No you can only transfer one-way from those games via the Pokemon Bank.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

So wait. Males don't evolve? Oh man. Guess I'll need to catch a female one. :V 

Males evolve but they turn female when they evolve.

I'm not making this shit up

Nevermind. I was told this but apparently I was lied to. Only females can evolve.

2 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

So wait. Males don't evolve? Oh man. Guess I'll need to catch a female one. :V 

Good luck. Salandit is the combee of Gen VII. Better get yourself a male Cute Charmer or you may be at it a while.

I was watching aDrive on youtube a bit (not much because I don't like him much) and apparently there's a certain patch of grass on the first route where you can catch pokemon that has grubbin in it. If you want a vikavolt on your team. It's just in that one grass patch, and one of the rarer encounters. Not sure which patch, though, so you'll have to do some searching

18 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

Good luck. Salandit is the combee of Gen VII. Better get yourself a male Cute Charmer or you may be at it a while.

I was watching aDrive on youtube a bit (not much because I don't like him much) and apparently there's a certain patch of grass on the first route where you can catch pokemon that has grubbin in it. If you want a vikavolt on your team. It's just in that one grass patch, and one of the rarer encounters. Not sure which patch, though, so you'll have to do some searching

The pokedex tells you which patch. click on the area for the pokemon displayed and it zooms in and tells you which specific patches they are in. I was able to find one this way

Just a heads up for anyone playing Pokemon Moon that wanted an ice Vulpix: Pichu and Pikachu go like hotcakes on GTS. Capture one of those and offer it as a trade in exchange for a Vulpix and you'll get one within a few hours guaranteed.