The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Naesaki said:

Finally got my copy today <3 really loving it so far.

My current team at the moment is

Dartrix

Butterfree

Trumbeak

Pichu

Growlithe

Abra

I really want to try and find a cutiefly if i can though

I THOUGHT WE DIDN'T GET THE GAME UNTIL WEDNESDAY

WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE IT EXCEPT ME

1 minute ago, Naesaki said:

@DrDingo

@Alexxx-Returns

We could always share friend codes down the line, trading is fun :D and battles too I guess :P

also that weird moment DrDingo, when you have the exact same monitor and speakers as I do.... das is spoopy

Look away from your computer. Now look back. Oh shit, it's gone! I took it

1977-0255-2764 Ta-da! What's yours?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Naesaki said:

5300-8568-5128 and here ya go =p will add you momentarily

Alright, nice! I added you back.

I'll try to be online pretty often, but my uni wifi has a weird verification system so I can only get internet on my 3DS if I manually use my PC as a hotspot for it

16 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Alright, nice! I added you back.

I'll try to be online pretty often, but my uni wifi has a weird verification system so I can only get internet on my 3DS if I manually use my PC as a hotspot for it

I had to do the same thing. It was because our wifi needed a username/password to get on, and the DS didn't have any options for putting these in.

If you guys wanna add me my FC is 0018-1479-3897

• Like 1

Overall I love the game but here are some of my disagreements with the game:

SPOILER ALERT:

1. we dont have BP Move Tutor, I was told by YellowFox that this could be like X and Y where you dont get the BP move tutor until the next game.

2. Annoying ending

4. Some characters who just have no spotlight like the artist woman who gave you the farizium Z or the Elite 4 flying trainer Kahili

3. Breaking pokemon tradition, There is no alolan pokemon champion, you can't call Kukui a champion since he's the professor of the region

4. the new experience mechanic

5. Few new pokemons

Oh my God.... I love brushing the dust off of my owl after a match! I love the emphasis on bonding with the Pokemon in this game.

I still just have 1 in my team though (there was an ice type match that we literally only got through with love) so I've been wonder trading to see if I could get hold of a Passimian 

10 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Oh my God.... I love brushing the dust off of my owl after a match! I love the emphasis on bonding with the Pokemon in this game.

I still just have 1 in my team though (there was an ice type match that we literally only got through with love) so I've been wonder trading to see if I could get hold of a Passimian 

Pokemon Refresh definitely pays off if you keep with it. Max out their affection and keep them happy and they'll have a higher chance at dodging attacks and such.

21 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

~Leveling a dratini from level 11 to 55 for 3 days

~Encountered a level 56 Dragonite in the wild 5 minutes ago

Cunts...

I'm just gonna put on my pokemon nerd hat for a moment and say that a wild pokemon around the same level as yours will be much weaker because it doesn't have any EVs

7 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

On the subject of EVs, do we get anything in these games akin to Super Training? I decided to tough it out and just play for now so Robin's EVs are a mess. Any way of resetting them later down the line?

For reference: I just got to the 2nd island

No it's back to old school

PokeGenocide with an added SOS battle

How to SOS EV train

1. Get a Pangoro or Equivalent
2. Level it to 40 or something
3. Teach it False Swipe
4. Search for pokemon with respective EV gain
5. Use False Swipe on it until 1 HP
6. Use Adrenaline Ball
7. Watch Pokemon call for help endlessly.
8. Kill summoned pokemon

PS: Rarely does a pokemon fail to call someone, in times like this use a potion to skip a turn

56 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

No it's back to old school

PokeGenocide with an added SOS battle

How to SOS EV train

1. Get a Pangoro or Equivalent
2. Level it to 40 or something
3. Teach it False Swipe
4. Search for pokemon with respective EV gain
5. Use False Swipe on it until 1 HP
6. Use Adrenaline Ball
7. Watch Pokemon call for help endlessly.
8. Kill summoned pokemon

PS: Rarely does a pokemon fail to call someone, in times like this use a potion to skip a turn

Are you kidding

There's NO way to reset EVs?

Guess my starter is GARBAGE then!

11 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Are you kidding

There's NO way to reset EVs?

Guess my starter is GARBAGE then!

you'd have to level up your poke festival which is very tedious and is not a 100% guarantee that you'll get the reset EV meals. Another route is where you farm EV reducing berries. The only tree that drops these are in Route 10 and they give only 1-2 of the same berry at a time, so what you need to do there is so grow them on Pokepelago (Isle Aplenny). You need 30 pokemons inside your box to unlock the full island. Each planted berry can yeld maybe 4-8 berries [citations needed] and have a 24-72 hour process time

Just now, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

you'd have to level up your poke festival which is very tedious and is not a 100% guarantee that you'll get the reset EV meals. Another route is where you farm EV reducing berries. The only tree that drops these are in Route 10 and they give only 1-2 of the same berry at a time, so what you need to do there is so grow them on Pokepelago (Isle Aplenny). You need 30 pokemons inside your box to unlock the full island. Each planted berry can yeld maybe 4-8 berries [citations needed] and have a 24-72 hour process time

I've just been reading up about this, guess it will have to do. I'll try and do all my EV training on OR if possible.

To be honest I'm kind of glad that super training is gone. It just made the whole competitive scene too easy. Once I've completed the story with what I have, I'm going to bank a few of my favourites across that can't be found in this game and try building a competitive team the hard way.

I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing across a perfectly super trained team if the same system isn't in play in the new game.

• Like 1

Just caught Lunala and am now heading to the Pokemon League. I think this is the best mainline Pokemon game ever made. This is the only Pokemon game where the level scaling was so well done that I had Pokemon in their Lv 50s by endgame facing level 50s by endgame. Usually I wind up with a really underpowered team, or in some cases, the entire game just is full of low leveled Pokemon even in endgame (Heartgold/Soulsilver especially suffered this). 

Also while still simple at the end of the day, the storyline involving Lillie is surprisingly well done for a mainline Pokemon game. Still nowhere near as touching or as interesting as PMD titles, but its servicable and should be a treat for JRPG fans of Pokemon who might find Pokemon games somewhat disappointing. Also the music is amazing.

That all said, my biggest issue with the game is how most trainers only have 1 or 2 Pokemon. It made battles feel more like they were in the way rather than a challenge to be beaten. The Totem Pokemon were really cool and many of the chiefs on each island as well as the rivals and enemy team bosses provided a challenge, but I should still be able to get something out of the normal trainers. The best I got was against an Ace Trainer that gave his Pokemon a Red Card and used Stealth Rock.

Still, that's minor and overall I loved this game.

My final party is:

• Primarina (Lv 54)
  • Lunala (Lv 55)
  • Butterfree (Lv 52)
  • Kadabra (Lv 50)
  • Lycanroc (Lv 52)
  • Flareon (Lv 52)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

To be honest I'm kind of glad that super training is gone. It just made the whole competitive scene too easy. Once I've completed the story with what I have, I'm going to bank a few of my favourites across that can't be found in this game and try building a competitive team the hard way.

I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing across a perfectly super trained team if the same system isn't in play in the new game.

The only reason people use super training is the just for the reset bags. Anything aside from that... are just chores

On 25/11/2016 at 11:06 PM, Battlechili said:

Still nowhere near as touching or as interesting as PMD titles,

This is literally impossible though =P

1 hour ago, Naesaki said:

So I just got my first ever shiny and I feel like there is some irony in that it happened to be a Ditto, master breeding machine.

15228127_10211596018760606_575750072_n.jpg

Congrats! \o/

Does it transform into shiny versions of the opponent, or regular versions?

12 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

This is literally impossible though =P

Congrats! \o/

Does it transform into shiny versions of the opponent, or regular versions?

Only if the pokemon it was transforming into one was Shiny itself I would imagine.

It transformed into my Decidueye before I caught it and it matched the normal palette colours.

27 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I caught every legendary in the game without using my Master Ball.

What should I do with my Master Ball?

Treasure it forever and ever and call it your precious, or troll someone on wondertrade by putting a yungoose in it and give them that brief glimmer of hope they got an awesome pokemon before its face flashes on screen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Oh, we're in American-state-expy, so it's time to ride a bull to honky-tonk music! BU

Also, I caught a yellow spearow. Why isn't there more color variation like this? That's the first one that wasn't just another clone.

A yellow spearow means you've found a Shiny version of it :3

• Like 1