The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

I caught a Vulpix. I have everything I wanted out of this game. I'll evolve it, beat whatever the final 4 thing is and that'll be enough for me I think.

I decided it was time to stop after I finished the main game and got all the gen 7 Pokémon in the pokedex. I think I played for a total of about 72 hours 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was listening to some Castlevania music I had in my YouTube playlist and I idly decided to click into one of the random uploader's channels because I thought their avatar was cute... and I watched some of his videos...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out how I can go outside and play Pokemon GO for the Easter event, but I can't think of any ways to actually play it. My mother does not like it when I play Pokemon GO so I try to play it in secret. I cannot tell her that I am going out for a walk, because I do not usually go out for walks and she will realize that it is for Pokemon GO. I cannot just tell her that I am going to do errands, because she will want to know what those errands are. I can think of at least one legitimate errand I can do, but it won't take long, and if I spend too much time outside she will get suspicious. I cannot outright lie and say I have to go to work or meet friends, because I would feel guilty about it, and if she caught me, I am sure it would cause a lot of commotion. I was sort of hoping my mother would go and do her own errands sometime during the Easter event but it seems like she does not need to do any or has been doing them while I am at work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go about playing Pokemon GO without being chastised by my mother?

11 hours ago, SirRob said:

I'm trying to figure out how I can go outside and play Pokemon GO for the Easter event, but I can't think of any ways to actually play it. My mother does not like it when I play Pokemon GO so I try to play it in secret. I cannot tell her that I am going out for a walk, because I do not usually go out for walks and she will realize that it is for Pokemon GO. I cannot just tell her that I am going to do errands, because she will want to know what those errands are. I can think of at least one legitimate errand I can do, but it won't take long, and if I spend too much time outside she will get suspicious. I cannot outright lie and say I have to go to work or meet friends, because I would feel guilty about it, and if she caught me, I am sure it would cause a lot of commotion. I was sort of hoping my mother would go and do her own errands sometime during the Easter event but it seems like she does not need to do any or has been doing them while I am at work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go about playing Pokemon GO without being chastised by my mother?

You can only tell her the truth. Just tell her that if you don't do this, you will be a social outcast and shunned by society as a whole. Tell her you will be ridiculed and it will affect your day to day living and you will not be able to go out anymore from the shame. Tell her it is nessecary exercise and that you will gain too much weight and become a blob if you don't get out to walk. Then, you should tell her that she should also get it on her phone so that she can be hip and in too. Then you can go on walks together while playing pokemanz. Mom and son bonding time. 

Or alternatively. Delete the app and play Pokémon sun and moon. ;>

1 hour ago, yell0wf0x said:

You can only tell her the truth. Just tell her that if you don't do this, you will be a social outcast and shunned by society as a whole. Tell her you will be ridiculed and it will affect your day to day living and you will not be able to go out anymore from the shame. Tell her it is nessecary exercise and that you will gain too much weight and become a blob if you don't get out to walk. Then, you should tell her that she should also get it on her phone so that she can be hip and in too. Then you can go on walks together while playing pokemanz. Mom and son bonding time. 

Or alternatively. Delete the app and play Pokémon sun and moon. ;>

To be honest I feel more like a social outcast for playing the game rather than not playing the game!

I wish I gained weight, then I would have an excuse to go outside and eat less food than my mother makes me eat.

My mother does not like video games. Also, the last thing I want to do is an activity with my mother, if she started playing, I would probably quit.

The alternative you listed is enticing, but GO really is a lot more exciting for me than Sun and Moon.

14 hours ago, SirRob said:

Tell her to go stuff herself and do what you want? My usual response to my parents harping at me about playing video games. Not my fault there's shit-all to do around here otherwise...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...