Super Smash Bros.

SirRob

5 hours ago, XoPachi said:

I was trying Bidou a good while ago. RAR bairs are...damn. I don't play Roy, but I tested it with him. It was really everything you could want. It's only hard in that you have to totally relearn a control scheme on top of the tech Bidou opens up. But it's not really what I'd call uncomfortable. Not saying that's what you were implying, but the general opinion seems to be that it makes things harder, which I understand.

the hardest part for me isn't the c-stick change but the change in all the shoulder buttons. that is taking the hardest to get used to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, major lee snake said:

I wonder, with all this tech talk and shit, has anyone on Phoenixed actually managed to make it to a tournament, even at a lower rank?  Would anyone want to do that?  I really want to witness another wombo combo, maybe Pastry of Apathy would pull it off.

Alaistair is better than all of us put together.

7 hours ago, major lee snake said:

I wonder, with all this tech talk and shit, has anyone on Phoenixed actually managed to make it to a tournament, even at a lower rank?  Would anyone want to do that?  I really want to witness another wombo combo, maybe Pastry of Apathy would pull it off.

I won in the tournament mode after several dozen attempts. ;) That counts, I'm sure. ;) I'm sure four player free for alls with customs and Miis count. ;)

10 hours ago, major lee snake said:

I haven't gone to any smash four tourneys so I haven't really done much and when I was the most active I was at best top 15 in my region which isn't too great. However there were some legitmatly good players back on the old FaF forum, I think some are still slightly around. Skybound is prolly better if he still plays and I think he has gone to tourneys but idk.

Also there are very different type of tourneys. Tourneys done by the smash community are like 5 times harder than tourneys done by anyone else (tourneys at cons and stuff like that). so someone could easily win those other tourneys and not really be that good.

2 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

However there were some legitmatly good players back on the old FaF forum, I think some are still slightly around. Skybound is prolly better if he still plays and I think he has gone to tourneys but idk.

Rob's another pretty decent player. Has a pretty bombass Fox and some swell fundamentals. My friends swear I could be a frightening force because while I'm shit at Smash, I'm extremely good at other games I play. But I don't put the time into Smash anymore. I got SICK of the inferior 3DS version. I don't have/want a Wii U so my practice on the console is strictly limited to when I can visit friends.

I used to play a little bit here and there with LoF|Acid and some of his friends back in the Brawl days from time to time. 

1 hour ago, XoPachi said:

I'm extremely good at other games I play.

You should record yourself playing games, like some people do.  Since you like games so much to the point of lewding up random enemies from them, it's still surprising you don't actually have a channel where you play games.

I should consider that myself, but I don't draw well and I don't want to come off as a copycat.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, major lee snake said:

lewding up random enemies from them, it's still surprising you don't actually have a channel where you play games.

I should consider that myself, but I don't draw well and I don't want to come off as a copycat.

Oddly strange of you in particular to highlight this suspiciously specific detail of me...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imperial Impact said:

With some really bad reflexes.

I fought only rob once or twice on the old brawl...I will agree with that

I would play more smash on the WiiU but monster Hunter 4 ultimate is now taking up my time, and I can only play the WiiU around 12am-4am EST

1 hour ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

well that guy is widley considered the best fox in the world currently so yea he tends to do amazing stuff.

I didn't mean to make it out that I was confused. I was just impressed, like woah.

I don't really know much about professional Smash Bros. players so to me I just saw two people fighting and one person doing amazingly with Fox. Its fun and awe-inspiring watching fights like that. 

Just now, Battlechili said:

I didn't mean to make it out that I was confused. I was just impressed, like woah.

I don't really know much about professional Smash Bros. players so to me I just saw two people fighting and one person doing amazingly with Fox. Its fun and aww-inspiring watching fights like that.

then you should prolly watch some livestreams and youtube channels with that stuff. here's one good channel for that smash stuff. there's also a bunch of livestreams that do tourneys.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

nope sorry, i may try it at some point. mostly been playing dark souls and hearthstone.

If you get it, add me. I've been FIENDING on this game lately. I actually can say I now like this more than Smash 4 which I figured nothing would top.

Brawlhalla is the worst Smash clone I've seen in 7000 years. How and why is VGBootCamp covering this? I guess it's not technically a bad game, but I would never play something like...THAT competitively. Unfortunately, I did play it one weekend. Christ was I mistaken. ;-;

1 hour ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Good to see PinkFresh still doing work with Bayonerfed. that being said if i ever get to consistently go to tourneys WFT and cloud will be my mains before bayonetta likley.

Didn't someone make it to Combo Breaker GF with Bae?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2016 at 0:02 PM, XoPachi said:

...3 hours, fam?

Anyway, you can just reread my previous posts the situation. No one said you can't be good with her. There's pro smash players that use Palutena. You can be good with any character. Some are just bad. YOU claiming to be good with her doesn't exactly mean much. I mean, that's cool, but you're one person. 

WHAT DID I SAY!?

• Like 1

Ikr? I don't get how these people get their APM up like that. They just auto cancel their aerials so good and get the frame perfect inputs.

...This is really heartbreaking. 

This is really BULLSHIT.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/4pqysf/sooo_mew2kingsmash_bros_player_is_being_catfished/

You can question his judgement, but M2K is a very mentally vulnerable individual. Why take advantage of him like that?

Wow, I did not know that Palutena could be played that well. Those fairs and bairs were ~fabulous~

I don't think I saw a single smash attack from Palutena. Apparently the way to play smash is to not smash.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SirRob said:

Wow, I did not know that Palutena could be played that well. Those fairs and bairs were ~fabulous~

I don't think I saw a single smash attack from Palutena. Apparently the way to play smash is to not smash.

pretty much this, smash attacks are only used for hard reads and punishes.

Also I was at a comic con today and they had a smash tourney that I won. There was no one who was actually smash community good but it was in a 1v1 format and a couple good players, though I was the highest skilled there were a ton of close matches where the sets were 2-1 and the grand finals was 3-1. Though I had to switch controllers constantly because I don't have my own classic controller.