Super Smash Bros.

SirRob

Giant Jiggly! (and Yoshi for 3DS apparently)

did aanyone enjoy the custom stage creator in brawl? I made this one stage with four falling blocks only. It was fantastic.

I enjoyed the stage creator in Brawl, and I like the one in Smash 4 too. Both of them are pretty limited, but the biggest problem is that it's always awkward playing on custom stages with other people! At least with Smash 4, you can share the stages on Miiverse so you can show them off without actually playing on them.

I went to a local tournament night at a retro game store my friend works at. Went in feeling good about myself, catching up after a lot time off smash. Didn't leave with the same opinion of myself...

Yeah, I went to Xanadu with friends and I didn't even get far in pools which is basically nothing for pros to handle. Only one of my friends ever won Xanadu (Acidtones).

YO, CAN Y'ALL GET IN THE FUCKING DISCORD CHAT? Like wtf? This is not an optimal place to be asking for people to get on the sticks. :lll

Edited by XoPachi

I guess since Skybound Terror, Duke the Husky and Alastair Snowpaw didn't seem to make the transition, there's not many options here. Why don't we set up a date then? I'm not doing anything tomorrow, so I'll be good to play.

I have not had good experiences with group chats, so I prefer to avoid them! Sorry!

Edited by SirRob

I guess since Skybound Terror, Duke the Husky and Alastair Snowpaw didn't seem to make the transition, there's not many options here. Why don't we set up a date then? I'm not doing anything tomorrow, so I'll be good to play.

I have not had good experiences with group chats, so I prefer to avoid them! Sorry!

Alright, I'm free anytime tomorrow. I'll set an alarm for 2 in the afternoon (eastern time)

2 is fine. Probably. I am in the same time zone as you, so you're good. We are practically neighbors, don't you know? Sometimes you invade my personal space a bit, it's that close. (I don't know where you live)

Eggbird, you can join in too if you want!

2 is fine. Probably. I am in the same time zone as you, so you're good. We are practically neighbors, don't you know? Sometimes you invade my personal space a bit, it's that close. (I don't know where you live)

Eggbird, you can join in too if you want!

Three-way smashes are kind of awkward. Somebody is always out of the running first and just has to watch, feeling a little insignificant as the other two keep going at it.

Not that I would know.

Not as awkward when it's a time battle. Or a... um, coin battle. But I mean heck, who does either of those? No items, Sheik only, Battlefield!

No no, I'm pretty sure it's all Dragoons, Shovel Knight only, Miiverse!

(I think you might have missed the double entendre)

I did miss it, but what you described is a very real and frustrating situation in the game!

I am legitimately prepared to see Shovel Knight in Smash Bros. He might just be the ballot winner, although he has all of Japan to compete against.

Also Miiverse can't be used online. : (

I did miss it, but what you described is a very real and frustrating situation in the game!

I am legitimately prepared to see Shovel Knight in Smash Bros. He might just be the ballot winner, although he has all of Japan to compete against.

Also Miiverse can't be used online. : (

oh wow i am just full of jokes today aren't i :^)

I'd rather an actually classic character be put in Smash if it's going to be third party. I know Smash Bros rosters are fan service, but give me a break. Shovel Knight? The Blue Dark Nut ripoff? Over so many other possibilities? W/e. If people vote for him, I guess I can't get mad if they decide to shove him in there. I just don't have to buy him. lol

Anyway, Rob you can make the room if you want.

I've mained ROB since Brawl and I have the most matches with him (and Mario/Rosie). I just don't pick him against certain characters because he gets comboed and is a big target. I'm shocked I even beat your Fox with him because once you close the gap on ROB, it's gg. Especially with someone like Fox since he's what I call an honest Sheik. I can't match Fox's attack speed with ROB and walling him out is really hard. I was trying to do gyro set ups on the ledge, but I made the mistake of picking Yoshi's Island. ;w;

Also, I'm working on Lunk because he's rilly rilly good in this game for some reason.

With ROB, I'm just not familiar enough with the character. I think I got caught in the tail end of a bunch of attacks because I couldn't get the timing of them down. Similar thing with Link, I didn't know what attacks comboed into each other so I couldn't properly punish stuff like jabs and tilts. I have a pretty good sense of every character's moveset, but I hardly know what flows into what. As a Fox player, I think that's probably one of the things I really need to get down. But it's a lot of effort!

I'm very happy I tried to pick up Ike, that was a worthwhile effort because I was really having fun using him. I guess, one of the things I can do to improve my Fox, is to just use other characters and learn how to play as them. Recently I was working on Lemmy, but I still need to put a lot of work into him before he catches up to at least where my Ike is at. I also wanna start learning Greninja, because heck, it's blasphemy that I haven't picked up a Pokemon yet. Am I rambling?

AWWWW YEAAAH. The Pirate ship stage is back. I always liked that one.

It looks amazing in HD, and the Omega form is awesome too. Somehow it feels fresher than the Mario Maker stage, at least to me.

BUT WHERE IS MY MOLGERA'S THEME?! THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ORIGINAL GREAT SEA THEME WTF???

--

There were also balance changes in this update. I only know of it because everyone was complaining about them on GameFAQs instead of talking about the new stages!

Edited by SirRob