Super Smash Bros.

SirRob

I honestly had a feeling this was funky. It seems anytime I feel there's yet another inconsistency or randomly hidden element in this game crucial for competitive play, I see a video on the topic from these guys to confirm my suspicions. My friends always tell me I'm wrong and then Beefy Doods make me feel a lot better. So it seems like you can only really practice guaranteed setups if you truly know the frame data of everything. Which really sucks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPPu0mUR5Ks

So this is just more reason why Training mode in this game isn't really super good for certain things. Because not only does the counter not even know what a true combo is, Training mode for some reason does not take rage into consideration even though the characters start steaming at higher percents. So it doesn't tell you if something is a legit setup OR give you accurate data at certain percentages. :l 
Which is why I'll only ever use it for muscle memory and getting my inputs consistent. Combos are just gonna have to come from practicing with friends. 

On 2/2/2017 at 2:45 PM, Tsuujou said:

I honestly had a feeling this was funky. It seems anytime I feel there's yet another inconsistency or randomly hidden element in this game crucial for competitive play, I see a video on the topic from these guys to confirm my suspicions. My friends always tell me I'm wrong and then Beefy Doods make me feel a lot better. So it seems like you can only really practice guaranteed setups if you truly know the frame data of everything. Which really sucks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPPu0mUR5Ks

So this is just more reason why Training mode in this game isn't really super good for certain things. Because not only does the counter not even know what a true combo is, Training mode for some reason does not take rage into consideration even though the characters start steaming at higher percents. So it doesn't tell you if something is a legit setup OR give you accurate data at certain percentages. :l 
Which is why I'll only ever use it for muscle memory and getting my inputs consistent. Combos are just gonna have to come from practicing with friends. 

Im pretty sure sicne like the 3ds days people knew the combo counter on training mode was busted and didn't really work. and there were videos on it back then also.

24 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Im pretty sure sicne like the 3ds days people knew the combo counter on training mode was busted and didn't really work. and there were videos on it back then also.

No one around me believed me and I didn't follow the Smash scene that hard core to look up comprehensive videos on it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/20/2021 at 9:55 PM, Tsuujou said:

To think I was so hype and then I ended up hating this game. lmao

Rivals of Aether owns.

Smash seems so boring. I imagine with friends its all right but I can't bring myself to break it out on my own. 

I just wanted a fun storymode or something more interesting than what we got. And at this point who cares about new characters really? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 1:54 AM, TrishaCat said:

And at this point who cares about new characters really? 

I mean, millions, but certainly not me. That's literally the main reason it sells because it's one game with a bunch of IP's in it. No one cares how bad a game is if they can physically play as X anime character and live out their edgy DeviantArt crossover fanfic of Sephiroth fighting Joker to Megalovania on Final Destination.