╦╦╟╚

Brass

Trying to be a good person is hard. Especially if all your friends are terrible, and they look down on you for trying to have a more positive worldview. 

Most people think they're good, even when they're not.

It's a struggle, bro. but it's better to struggle than hate yourself, the world, and everyone in it. 

• Like 1

It's a struggle, bro. but it's better to struggle than hate yourself, the world, and everyone in it. 

I don't agree. Being egocentric and selfish makes living easy. Every single step towards "good" and sympathetic brings only pain and misery.

I don't agree. Being egocentric and selfish makes living easy. Every single step towards "good" and sympathetic brings only pain and misery.

Look, I'll level with you. I got a LOOOOT of emotions. Like way too many. Empathy comes to me easier. I wasn't always like that, there was a time where I instantly loathed people who cried in public or showed any emotion at all, rather than calm cool calculation. 

Reality is a bitch though. 

It's different for each person, and I understand where you're coming from. I just kind of think of myself in that mentality, and remember that it was a lot lonelier. 

It's different for each person, and I understand where you're coming from.

I'm writing it from a perspective of a person which one and half a year ago merited for a honorary title of FAF nazi, thanks to the, not ability. but will to empathise. As I changed (maybe jus a little, maybe more, not up for me to judge) for, what is commonly considered "better", it brought me nothing but dillemas, problems and remorse. Oh, sure, I got few more friends than I used to have, but I'm not convinced it's working towards my benefit, you know? In all honesty, in terms of enjoying my life and every moment of it, I'd prefer my previous self-comfort.

Don't change for the better people, it fucks you up.

• Like 1

Don't change for the better people, it fucks you up.

nah you got that fucking right.

Sometimes I miss being such a terrible person. I was so much smarter and better at arguing, I looked at everything critically and wouldn't accept anything as truth without citations etc. Where the fuck did that go. It's like it got sucked up by depression and shit. 

It's like it got sucked up by depression and shit. 

Oh, hello world. I don't know if it's depression, I doubt it, but all the will to improve and to live actively is gone. Just existing seems fair enough. And I don't even hate it, if I did, I'd change it. I just don't care.

Still, screw that fandom. I was better as an uneducated LGBTQ-phobe.

Change towards what would conventionally be defined as a "good person" is only ever encouraged and seen as desirable because the more compassionate and honorable you are the easier you are to exploit and control for people who have no scruples.

The willingness to sacrifice, endure pain, and even die for others only appeals to someone who, you guessed it, wants you to sacrifice for them, endure pain for them, and die for them.

I consider myself self-centered/selfish, but mostly out of necessity. The more I value my own time, money, happiness, you name it, the more other people value it as well and don't take it for granted. Unless you just want to be a resource or utility for others to use in pursuit of their own goals then you're not missing out on much by not knowing what it feels like to be a "good person".

• Like 1

The willingness to sacrifice, endure pain, and even die for others only appeals to someone who, you guessed it, wants you to sacrifice for them, endure pain for them, and die for them.

The trick is to murder those ones so that only the people who would sacrifice for each other remain.