Rant: My Morning

Sidewalk Surfboard

I'm gonna bitch about my morning. So to start, I woke up very tired. Couldn't sleep last night. Then, when I was out at the bus stop, here comes this asshole.
The asshole in his car.
He was driving his daughter like, 50 feet to the bus stop. And he parked in the middle of the road, almost. And he left his car running. Did I mention his car spills more exhaust than a Chinese factory? Because it does, and this guy doesn't care. He leaves his car running and has probably caused like 50% of the world's pollution issues because of it. I could smell the gasoline from 15 feet away.
Then, the bus gets here.
It was an alright bus ride for once compared to usual. But, I still want to bitch. Things go downhill by the time G gets on the bus. G is the little sister of M. G is a loud, obnoxious weeaboo obsessed with Markiplier and PewDiePie. She is loud as all hell, and as I've mentioned loud noises make me anxious. She acts like she can get away with being loud and annoying because I know her. And M is no better. M lets her get away with it because she thinks G is suddenly exempt from being annoying because G's her sister. Also, M always sits next to me, even when I ask her politely not to. And when she does sit next to me, she scoots closer to me.
Closer.
And closer.
Until I have no room left. And I can't tell her to knock it off because she'll look at me with big puppy dog eyes and act like I killed her cat.

If I drank, I would be drinking right now.

Damn. Mornings can be shit but I've never had anything like that happen, or known anyone like that. Sorry man.

As a young person I'm very glad I don't act like G or M.  I mean I know I'm annoying sometimes, but that's only because I'm slightly awkward rather than being obnoxious or an asshole or just generally really fucking annoying. My brain decided to skip the whole annoying/emotional/grumpy/"ugh I don't wanna be here can we go now please" phase of being a teenager for some reason.

I did have an "I love PewDiePie" phase a few years ago though which I'm really not proud of. :\

• Like 1

My GOD I miss the days with trivial things like this were what 'ruined my day'.  Like... God, in retrospect, it was bliss!  Now if you'll excuse me, I asked for a rise, I'm anxious about how my buss will respond, I need to figure out the best way to minimize the interest on my student loans, rent goes up at the end of this month, and I'm almost finished being partially audited.

My GOD I miss the days with trivial things like this were what 'ruined my day'.  Like... God, in retrospect, it was bliss!  Now if you'll excuse me, I asked for a rise, I'm anxious about how my buss will respond, I need to figure out the best way to minimize the interest on my student loans, rent goes up at the end of this month, and I'm almost finished being partially audited.

Do you have some sort of perpetual grudge against me or something? You really like to come and shit on me in every thread I make

I do not miss the days I would wake up as a kid and have to deal with my parents fighting and hitting each other at 4 in the AM,
while trying to distract myself and get ready until fucking 7:30,
and then having to explain to my teachers why I was late without actually telling them anything.

Why are we playing the "mai laifu so harrrrrdweh" Olympics on a 15-year-old's rant thread?

• Like 2

I do not miss the days I would wake up as a kid and have to deal with my parents fighting and hitting each other at 4 in the AM,

Yes, and there is also the advantage that I can make a pound of bacon at 3am and no one can give me shit for it except me! :D

However, my post is not 'Hey I have it worse' but more 'Ah, I remember how BIG all those trivial little things in high school seemed back then.  Not like, now everything is MONEY!  Fuck you money, I want to be worried about how Kimberly promised to be with Kevin forever but then Kevin made out with Sarah while she was running for student present and it was basically the END OF THE WORLD!

M always sits next to me, even when I ask her politely not to. And when she does sit next to me, she scoots closer to me.
Closer.
And closer.
Until I have no room left. And I can't tell her to knock it off because she'll look at me with big puppy dog eyes and act like I killed her cat.

she wants the D

• Like 1

Learning how to deal with people is one of the things high school should teach you how to deal with. It's a skill that's not in the curriculum but most people develop there.

Also, "High school never ends" has some real truth to it as well. Don't expect this to get better on it's own, learn how to fix this.

Learning how to deal with people is one of the things high school should teach you how to deal with. It's a skill that's not in the curriculum but most people develop there.

Also, "High school never ends" has some real truth to it as well. Don't expect this to get better on it's own, learn how to fix this.

High School is awesome if you're not a loser. 

As terrible as it is to say this, I think your point that high school never ends is true. I've been watching this unfold in my professional workplace for the last 16 years. Because of the lack of realistic support and individual counselling, what high school really is teaching a growing number of students is, "This will never get better," and "I will always be victimized." I think this leads to a whole new set of problems that we've been seeing from suicides to workplace harassment. I am not arguing that the world outside of high school is callous and driven by animosity, profiteering and greed. To say otherwise is disingenuous. But as somebody who lived through bullying and harassment through pretty much all of high school (I spent all 4 years on the second or third-to-bottom caste), I can tell you there are other things out there and that the hopelessness of being put in a given category is not a forever thing. It's tough to believe, but true.