What are your faults?

Phausk

I sat down and thought about all of the faults I could think about myself. Jotted them down quickly, excuse any overlaps.

Selfish, jealous, insecure, weak, cowardly, overemotional, rebellious, unfunny, pessimistic, stubborn, impatient, procrastinator, lazy, creepy, obsessive, afraid of being judged, lacks self-control, easily overwhelmed, quitter, suicidal, judgmental, hypocritical, immature, depressed and self-pitying, hates change, rejects advice due to insecurity, gross, easily discouraged, socially awkward, mentally ill, boring personality, secretive, dependent on others to live, stupid, sick sense of humor, overly obsessive about intercourse and sexual organs, perverted, often indecisive, terrible at communication; especially involving the explanation of concepts and directions, asks inappropriate questions to appease overt curiosity, fears and shuts down during conflict about myself; however loves drama, slight online stalker, drug-resistant, narcissistic, occasionally insensitive, usually more interested in the psych and back story of murderers than their victims, hair is turning grey at 28, bad interpretation skills

Edited by Phausk

The only one I actually care about is that I am shit at getting things done even if I want to do them. You would think it's pretty straightforward that if you want to complete task z and ALL IT REQUIRES OF YOU is to sit down and do it, then it wouldn't take hours to even start and then happen in increments of like 5-30 minutes before you have to take a break for your attention span to clear or whatever.

I sat down and thought about all of the faults I could think about myself. Jotted them down quickly, excuse any overlaps.

Selfish, jealous, insecure, weak, cowardly, overemotional, rebellious, unfunny, pessimistic, stubborn, impatient, procrastinator, lazy, creepy, obsessive, afraid of being judged, lacks self-control, easily overwhelmed, quitter, suicidal, judgmental, hypocritical, immature, depressed and self-pitying, hates change, rejects advice due to insecurity, gross, easily discouraged, socially awkward, mentally ill, boring personality, secretive, dependent on others to live, stupid, sick sense of humor, overly obsessive about intercourse and sexual organs, perverted, often indecisive, terrible at communication; especially involving the explanation of concepts and directions, asks inappropriate questions to appease overt curiosity, fears and shuts down during conflict about myself; however loves drama, slight online stalker, drug-resistant, narcissistic, occasionally insensitive, usually more interested in the psych and back story of murderers than their victims, hair is turning grey at 28, bad interpretation skills

I think I've just found my twin, heh.

Seems like I won't have to write a bunch of stuff.

• Like 1

I put off everything I need to do as long as I can except work, which I then use as an excuse to put other stuff off. "Yeah my fucking tooth is killing me but setting up a dentist appointment today?" "No way, I did enough at my job today."

Someone come kick my ass till I do everything.

Some of my biggest faults include:

-Very self-conscious

-Having a hard time accurately expressing my emotions

-Depression that hinders my ability to enjoy many things and fucks with my emotional health

-Trust issues

-Hard as hell to talk to 1-on-1

-Coming off as intimidating to people who don't talk to me when I don't mean to be

That's all I can think of right now.

I guess what I keep thinking about is that there is no real reason why I shouldnt be succeeding with the goals that I have beyond just not working hard enough. I just feel like i am lazy often.

I also feel like I have a tendency to switch between being scared of everyone, feeling completely emotionless, and being "happy" to the point where I feel the obsessive need to be obnoxious and somewhat annoying. I dont feel like theres much of middle ground.

Obviously social ineptness, but also just the fact that I cant handle not being talked to without immediately blaming myself or apologizing for being annoying, but then feeling too shy to speak again or just forgetting, and then apologizing for that

i think i am just very weak, and i think on some fundamental level i continuously hate myself.

Everything about my entire existence is a fault.

If I'm allowed to disagree, I will...

Edited by evan

Let's pick the ones that probably effect me the most.

• I'm socially inept and don't know how to make new friends.
  • Depression ruins all enthusiasm I have for anything.
  • I'm impatient.
  • I tend to disregard others opinions.
Edited by Revates
My writing skills suck.

Insecure

scared of people

I don't trust myself that much

Kind of an opportunist 

Scared of being un-acceptable/lovable/forgivable

I have a deeply ingrained fear that everyone will judge me based on "Christian" ethics and that I'm going to hell. (the Catholic church got me at like 2 or 3 years old)

I come off as an Aries sometimes

lazy

irresponsible/childish 

bleh...

Edited by Bloodshot_Eyes

I consider myself a very emotion driven person. While some people are better at controlling themselves I feel I'm more prone to let feelings cloud my reason. My pride and stubborness don't help much either. In the end, that leads to touchiness. What else... I have trust issues, I am moody and am often in a state of anger and frustration. For now I feel alright though and that makes me happy, even if for a brief moment

I have other flaws but they don't seem as affecting

I have Faults here are some

• anger management issues
  • very opinionated
  • very political (I have been called an activist and I have been told it gets in the way of other things within larger circles of friends.)
  • passive aggressive
  • actively aggressive sometimes (I am an Aries after all)
  • quick to blow my top, but quickly over it too
  • sometimes I hold a grudge a little too long
  • sometimes I have sick, twisted and dark sense of humor, gallows humor, it disturbs people.
  • I have no qualms with telling someone to their face if I think they are a 6 foot walking and talking pile of shit. (I try not to online because I don't truly know people online.)
  • sometimes slow to forgive
  • definitely slower to move-on from it. 
  • so far I have had bad sense about relationships
  • lack of patience with people who break the law
  • lack of patience with people driving too slowly, indecisively or obliviously in front of me when I am in my truck (which triggers the next one)
  • I can become the foulest mouthed swearer when I am really hacked off.
  • I am too big and need to lose weight
  • I think I am suffering from early onset of diabetes. I definitely have the signs of Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde mood swings which come from different blood sugar levels. Being hungry often makes me angry or "hangry" as my family calls it.
  • I am like a laser-beam when I do a task. It is great for a series of single tasks but breaks down in multitasking environments.

There are still others but that is enough to get going for now I guess.

Edited by Skylar Husky

There are a few that are usually on the forefront of my mind. Despite living through a lot of incredibly adult hardships for a kid my age (20), I'm still very naive and still have a weird ideation of the world. I refuse to admit that I may still need a therapist- if not for the rest of my life- to healthily deal with the corruptions I grew up around. I overthink a lot of things, and at times, I lose patience for people older than me or people in better situations than me. 

Perhaps more serious, I eat food as a source of stress relief. I mean yes, you could argue I couldn't exactly help it the first 18 years of my life, but I still physically don't feel better until I eat ice cream even today.  I was 260 when I left home, and I'm 290 now, three years later. That's 10 pounds a year, and horrifying to me because- holy shit- I'm 5'7 and close to 300 lbs. That's a BMI of 46.6%. i'M NEARLY HALF FAT. Isn't that fucking appalling? And you know what my mom says? "Being fat is good, it means you're well cared for. I'm glad I kept feeding you because it meant I took care of you"

I mean, obviously I can't go on about the awful attitude towards food I was raised in. Being poor obviously didn't make matters better for me. It's just recently I'm able to admit I let things get crazy out of hand. 

Insecure

scared of people

I don't trust myself that much

Kind of an opportunist 

Scared of being un-acceptable/lovable/forgivable

I have a deeply ingrained fear that everyone will judge me based on "Christian" ethics and that I'm going to hell. (the Catholic church got me at like 2 or 3 years old)

I come off as an Aries sometimes

lazy

irresponsible/childish 

bleh...

YOU WANNA FOOKIN' FIGHT M8

TBH some of these appear to conflict. Narcissistic for example, narcissists typically think high of themselves and you also listed self-piting. Weak and stubborn seem to be conflicting too, as 'stubborn' isn't really a trait of one who gives in easily. 

Try to change 'change'...you might be able to work out some of your faults c:

I criticize myself harshly, everything I do and say. Mistakes don't go unpunished physically or otherwise.

I tend to smash two sentences into one and I start correcting myself mid-way and it ends up a slurred abomination.

Mood issues, mood swings.

Rather asocial, introverted at the very least. Poor conversational skills to boot.

Sometimes a hypocrite.

Furry

Oneitis

• Like 1

I criticize myself harshly, everything I do and say. Mistakes don't go unpunished physically or otherwise.

I tend to smash two sentences into one and I start correcting myself mid-way and it ends up a slurred abomination.

Mood issues, mood swings.

Rather asocial, introverted at the very least. Poor conversational skills to boot.

Sometimes a hypocrite.

Furry

Oneitis

You poor soul. You've got it bad.

TBH some of these appear to conflict. Narcissistic for example, narcissists typically think high of themselves and you also listed self-piting. Weak and stubborn seem to be conflicting too, as 'stubborn' isn't really a trait of one who gives in easily. 

Try to change 'change'...you might be able to work out some of your faults c:

Haha, yeah my mind wasn't really the clearest when I was writing that, but I think I can help explain some of the contradictions a bit.

I'm weak when it comes to my OCD. Any obsessive thought that enters my mind will cause me great anxiety, and I must ritualize as soon as possible. I'm also weak in that I'm afraid of and actively try to avoid conflict. I will stand down during confrontation in many cases unless it's in defense of somebody else. I'm also afraid of being judged. However, I am REALLY stubborn when it comes to changing something with my life, whether it be as simple as the position of my desk, or taking steps towards improving my mental health.

As for the narcissistic tendencies... well I'm not really sure how to explain that, but I've been told I have them.

...are you okay? 

That's an awful lot of self-deprecation.

When I wrote it, I wasn't okay, no. But I'm alright for now, until I talk to my therapist at least. Thanks for the concern. :)

Edited by Phausk

TBH some of these appear to conflict. Narcissistic for example, narcissists typically think high of themselves and you also listed self-piting. 

Just because someone is incredibly self focused doesn't necessarily mean that focus is positive. 

Not every narcissist is able to meet their own expectations of greatness. 

Narcissism is a response to the fear of "dark and negative self-experiences, and/or intolerable aspects of one's identity", that can express itself in a bunch of different ways depending on a bunch of different factors; from an aggressive campaign to assert one's greatness to being hyper-critically perfectionistic. 

I'm actually very confident in myself. Didn't use to be, but now I am. 

I do have this weird thing though. My body will react with emotions (tears mainly) but my brain doesn't feel that anything is off. Like something happens, I start crying. I do not feel an ounce of sorrow or whatever. I've dubbed it crocodile tears cause it feels like my body is just reacting for attention/to get what it wants, like more of a manipulative thing that I can't control. It's weird. I do feel actual sorrow when I'm actually sad though. I dunno. I'd like to learn to control it though as crying over stupid things really weakens my point when I'm being serious. 

I'm actually very confident in myself. Didn't use to be, but now I am. 

I do have this weird thing though. My body will react with emotions (tears mainly) but my brain doesn't feel that anything is off. Like something happens, I start crying. I do not feel an ounce of sorrow or whatever. I've dubbed it crocodile tears cause it feels like my body is just reacting for attention/to get what it wants, like more of a manipulative thing that I can't control. It's weird. I do feel actual sorrow when I'm actually sad though. I dunno. I'd like to learn to control it though as crying over stupid things really weakens my point when I'm being serious. 

Crying is always spontaneous for me and seems to have no relation to emotions at all. It used to, but now at the times when I actually feel sad or frustrated or something, I don't cry. Actually more than that... I can't, because I've tried thinking it would feel better if I could just get it over with, but nothing happens so I just kind of sit there awkwardly until the feeling goes away.

I'm not sure what makes it happen when it does. Adrenaline maybe.

@Phausk You should add being overly critical of yourself to that list but that's depression for you. I know how it is and for what it's worth i hope you're able to overcome it.

Ah faults, i can already tell i'm going to go off on a tangent here. Well to start with i can get incredibly needy and clingy when i'm depressed, to the point where i end up feeling like shit for bothering people because i feel like shit. The big one has to be...well, there's a part of me that just wants to kill. I can have quite sadistic and violent thoughts at times and i know and the end of the day i'm more than capable of murdering someone without hesitation. Can't speak about potential regret but i don't feel bad for what i end up thinking/feeling in the slightest. I can load up videos of executions or random killings on gore sites and i revel in it, it's a way to placate my desires to cause suffering and misery for the simple enjoyment of the act. It's why i used to (and still begrudgingly do) identify with satanism, whenever these feelings get too strong i can find myself overcome with an...amoral clarity. I can see humans as nothing but meat that can easily be butchered and when i get like this (thankfully it's very rarely) i feel a sort of presence within me that i can only identify with the perception of Satan i have. When this overcomes me i tend to focus on the satanism aspect as a distraction to dissipate the thoughts, if you use that energy in a ritualistic setting you can get rid of it safely. Not that i have any formalized rituals, it's just a case of feeling it out and finding a way to channel it peacefully at the time. I know these aren't desires i should act on and i can say with a degree of certainty that i won't but yeah...i'm probably insane. Let's see, what else...I've recently felt that i'm comparatively joyless now, i miss posting the deliberate nonsense i used to (as opposed to the nonsense you've just read) but i'm just more serious now. It isn't really in me to mess around anymore and that's a shame. I also tend to be quite quiet socially, it's not really a case of failure to connect it's more that i can struggle to find common ground with people and if i'm not really interested in what they have to say i'll usually just respond with one word and wait it out, used to worry a lot about awkward moments with people because of that but i don't care anymore. If there's nothing there you can't force it.

I guess what I keep thinking about is that there is no real reason why I shouldnt be succeeding with the goals that I have beyond just not working hard enough. I just feel like i am lazy often.

I also feel like I have a tendency to switch between being scared of everyone, feeling completely emotionless, and being "happy" to the point where I feel the obsessive need to be obnoxious and somewhat annoying. I dont feel like theres much of middle ground.

Obviously social ineptness, but also just the fact that I cant handle not being talked to without immediately blaming myself or apologizing for being annoying, but then feeling too shy to speak again or just forgetting, and then apologizing for that

i think i am just very weak, and i think on some fundamental level i continuously hate myself.

If I'm allowed to disagree, I will...

Dude i know what you do and what it can do to you, lazy and weak are the last qualities i'd use to describe you. But i've no doubt you'll see that in time. The not being able to handle not being talked to without blaming yourself...thing is an issue i used to have quite a bit and still can at points, can't say how i stopped caring about it for the most part though. Honestly given what i just typed and how i am when i'm actually open about myself it's more surprising that people would want to talk to me but fuck, i'm cool with it. Eh, just be the socially inept weirdo you are. It'll all work out eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

It wouldn't sit right with me if I didn't post in this thread as well as the "strengths" thread! 

I'm a lethal procrastinator. I just spent a collective 36 hours writing one paper. It was a long paper, but I could have finished it in a quarter of that time if I actually worked on it diligently! Sometimes my self esteems is lacking and I get a little self conscious. I put up an aloof front but actually I'm very fretful about what people think of me. Despite my laid back nature I can be stubborn and argumentative if I don't watch myself. Oh yeah I almost forgot, I'm also pretty forgetful >:3

Furry

Oh god I'm so sorry

Edited by MuttButt