Vote on the Forum Name Part I

ArielMT

Site Name Poll 1: Phoenix or No Phoenix  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option or options that has one or more of the site names you like. You may choose more than one.

• A phoenix name: Codename Phoenix, Hooked on Phoenix, Phoenix Alight, Phoenix Alliance, Phoenix Arisen Forums, Phoenix Ashes, Phoenix Crossroads, Phoenix Forums, Phoenix Hub, Phoenix Planet, or Phoenix Waypoint
    • A furry/anthro phoenix name: Anthro Phoenix Forums, Phoenix Anthro Art Community, Phoenix Anthro Forums, or Phoenix Fur Forums
    • A partly phoenix name: Exploding Crows (or Burning Crows, Phoenix Corvidae), Fafnix, Fenix, Peeko, Peenix, Phaf, Phoenixed Forums (make the temporary name permanent), or RePhoenixed
    • A name not phoenix related: Bass Furry Forum, Bhoenis, Furth Reich, or Horsecock Forums
    • Site staff's choice: We'll just pick a name and be done with it.

So here are all the names suggested for our site and forums.

Vote for all the options that have even one of the names you would seriously like for us to be called.

Also, it's still not too late to suggest any names not here.  Just post it.

Polling will remain open until new day UTC on Saturday, October 16.  That should be 8:00 PM Friday, October 15, EDT, 1:00 AM Saturday BST, 2:00 AM Saturday CEDT, and 1:00 PM Saturday AEDT.

Up to 19 names from the most popular categories in this poll will be chosen for individual voting in the final poll.

Yes, I really did indeed put in the names I don't want us to have.  Yuk it up.

Seriously, though, you can also tell me I'm making a mistake with all these names in so few options, though preferably with ideas for how to do it better.

i like that we're a furry community without calling attention to it. Seeing as many of us treat it like a hobby and we all share similar interests that includes anthro stuff; ergo Peeko sounds nice in that aspect.

Still going to miss Phoenix in its meaning for this forum, could still be a mascot, though

Having it specifically furry related makes me want to vom like I have an eating disorder.

But I never really understood furries wanting to furry shove furry into furry everything furry lest people forget they're furry furries.

• Like 4

Wanting a non-furry related name is just kidding ourselves into thinking we're not a furry forum.

edit: This is a personal opinion, not that of the whole of the forum team

Well see anyone that uses the forum/reads it for 3 seconds knows what it's about. It's not about kidding ourselves, it's about not plastering what we're about on every facet available. The name of the forum is a great way to produce something cool and memorable instead of "Generic Anthro Forum." 

• Like 1

i like that we're a furry community without calling attention to it. Seeing as many of us treat it like a hobby and we all share similar interests that includes anthro stuff; ergo Peeko sounds nice in that aspect.

Still going to miss Phoenix in its meaning for this forum, could still be a mascot, though

My concern is the long term future. No one is going to join when old members leave for whatever reason when people stumbling across us just think "oh, look, a generic forum v565613".

Wanting a non-furry related name is just kidding ourselves into thinking we're not a furry forum.

edit: This is a personal opinion, not that of the whole of the forum team

Weasyl isn't a very furry name. It's just a name. 

Peeko is a name people will remember. 'Phoenix Anthro' is trying too hard and would be too easily forgotten. There's no ring to it.

• Like 1

Well see anyone that uses the forum/reads it for 3 seconds knows what it's about. It's not about kidding ourselves, it's about not plastering what we're about on every facet available. The name of the forum is a great way to produce something cool and memorable instead of "Generic Anthro Forum." 

I'm more talking about people stumbling across us in a google search or something.

Peeko is a name people will remember. 'Phoenix Anthro' is trying too hard and would be too easily forgotten. There's no ring to it.

Weasyl was originally advertised directly at the furry community... Then they tried to become like dA but already managed to reach a critical mass of furries.

My concern is the long term future. No one is going to join when old members leave for whatever reason when people stumbling across us just think "oh, look, a generic forum v565613".

think when newbies weed through old threads and see murrsuits and yiff they'll figure out otherwise.

I would think we could have other signifying aspects labeling it a furry forum...besides 'Phoenix' isnt very furry in itself, it's a mythological creature used genericaly in many other aspects.

think when newbies weed through old threads and see murrsuits and yiff they'll figure out otherwise.

..... What?

I would think we could have other signifying aspects labeling it a furry forum...besides 'Phoenix' isnt very furry in itself, it's a mythological creature used genericaly in many other aspects.

"Phoenix anthro forums". Anthro is literally the least murry purry furry thing you can put there that gets the point across. It's not like I suggested "Phoenix yiffy foxhole forums". :V

I'm more talking about people stumbling across us in a google search or something.

That makes sense, but people will find us for the desired content regardless of our name because the subsections and other descriptive metadata will still be indexed by search engines. If someone searches "furry discussion," they're still likely to find us

It also rolls very, very awkwardly off the tongue.

There's literally an entire section devoted to the furry fandom on the front page.

"Guys but people on this site won't know ima furri if I dont put my sona avatar up and also a name like Barkdog Woofwoof and put FURRY PRIDE!!!! in my signature in 15pt bold font :c"

Edited by Vae

It also rolls very, very awkwardly off the tongue.

There's literally an entire section devoted to the furry forum on the front page.

"Guys but people on this site won't know ima furri if I dont put my sona avatar up and also a name like Barkdog Woofwoof and put FURRY PRIDE!!!! in my signature in 15pt bold font :c"

See my previous post.

Weasyl was originally advertised directly at the furry community... Then they tried to become like dA but already managed to reach a critical mass of furries.

Well, there you go. Thriving furry place originally made for furries, with a not so furry name.

They did alright for themselves regardless, and so can we.

Having it specifically furry related makes me want to vom like I have an eating disorder.

But I never really understood furries wanting to furry shove furry into furry everything furry lest people forget they're furry furries.

But we're the furriest of furry furries, furrier than all the other furry forums combined! :V

I assume we'll be keeping the same URL?

That's an option but by no means decided.

This whole exercise is for coming together on a brand-like identity for ourselves.

Well, there you go. Thriving furry place originally made for furries, with a not so furry name.

They did alright for themselves regardless, and so can we.

You forgot my first point there. They actively and heavily advertised in furry communities (even going to cons). I'd hazard a guess that a few people here still wouldn't like it if we a similar thing.

..... What?

"Phoenix anthro forums". Anthro is literally the least murry purry furry thing you can put there that gets the point across. It's not like I suggested "Phoenix yiffy foxhole forums". :V

I forgot to :V...the joke being you suggestedhow people will know we're about furries anthros and I picked the blatantly canon furry subjects theyd stumble across :P

...and okay I get what you're saying. I understand having 'anthro' in the name will immediately tell people the general topic of interest here.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about Peeko. If we have to specifically point out it's not pokemon related, I feel like it'll have many of the same problems as Phoenix.

I actually rather like Phoenixed Forums. This site already the top return for that on Duck Duck Go, too.

We could just keep it P-Co and say Peeko

You forgot my first point there. They actively and heavily advertised in furry communities (even going to cons). I'd hazard a guess that a few people here still wouldn't like it if we a similar thing.

Chill, man. We're not a business; we're a community. We don't need a master battle plan to enjoy ourselves.

People hear about this place through others. It's what makes the forums so good. We're truly a community. Friends tell friends, who tell friends, who tell friends. The world goes around, and this place is holding up just fine.

• Like 2

See my previous post.

See literally every point I've made on this subject up until now.

But we're the furriest of furry furries, furrier than all the other furry forums combined! :V

We're gonna get our furry cards revoked. Then how will we get the best yiffs on discount?
Think of the children!

Honestly, I feel like anything fandom-related should go in the subtitle, not the name.

Alternatively, I still like Phoenix Corvidae Forums.
Or PCF or whatever.
PCF: Furfags Without Borders.

• Like 1

Chill, man. We're not a business; we're a community. We don't need a master battle plan to enjoy ourselves.

People hear about this place through others. It's what makes the forums so good. We're truly a community. Friends tell friends, who tell friends, who tell friends. The world goes around, and this place is holding up just fine.

And communities die when old members inevitably leave for whatever reason (boredom, lost interest, busy life, etc) and there are no new members to fill the gaps. I've seen this happen many times and Phoenix isn't immune to it. 

FAF got new members from the link on FA. A minority joined for reasons you state.

P-Co doesnt sound like a very good forum name though.

How exactly is Peeko a pokemon besides sounding like treeko or the sound a pokemon makes?

It was literally the first return on the search engine when I searched for the word.

literally why :(

I like puns. Bad puns. Plus it feels like a cheeky reference to the past.

And communities die when old members inevitably leave for whatever reason (boredom, lost interest, busy life, etc) and there are no new members to fill the gaps. I've seen this happen many times and Phoenix isn't immune to it. 

FAF got new members from the link on FA. A minority joined for reasons you state.

thats a good point. Lots of our newer regulars camehere via link and stayed for the fun. If we have some outlet for newbies to come its a better idea. Besides, people come to the forum without friends and end up making them.

• Like 1