Things that make you uncomfortable

Kinharia

I hate when someone seems uneasy or uncomfortable, but I can't pin down why, and they won't say.

Of course, I get uncomfortable when someone I'm associated with or looking after (like a child) says or does something rude, weird, or inappropriate. It's even worse when the parent sees me as some kind of expert, authority figure, or temporary babysitter, depending, and so they step back and do nothing when the kid starts to wig out.

Also very awkward: when a parent is trying to correct or redirect their kid, and it's not working, and I'm not sure whether I should step in or not.

Very obvious, of course, but I hate when the conversation dies, and you're both just standing there, trying to figure out what to say or do next.

• Like 2

Having to talk on the phone with strangers/people I don't know much.

OR EVEN WORSE
When I'm getting into the elevator of the building where I live, another person comes in, and they look at me while I'm pushing the buttons because most probably they're expecting I remember on which floor they live on, but I absolutely have no memory of them ._.

Edited by Valery91Thunder
  • Like 1

People talking about their sex lives. Although I think a lot of it stems from a couple incidents in highschool where some of my friends would fuck with me by whispering overtly-graphic descriptions of them fucking their girlfriend. Seriously how are you supposed to respond to someone suddenly whispering in your ear "and then shoved my cock in her pussy and came into her for like 20 minutes!" Shit's not kosher man.

• Strangers asking me a bunch of personal shit.
  • Strangers confronting me about religious or political shit.
  • Anyone I'm not super close to touching me.
  • Anyone who's pushy about sales. If I politely tell you "No thanks, I'm good," leave me the fuck alone.
  • This goes doubly for those people in the kiosks at malls. Don't fucking chase me down, you terminally dense asshole.
  • Loud, sharp noises. Children screaming and dogs barking, especially.
  • Reckless driving.
  • Strong storms, especially anything involving hail.
  • People randomly getting or being naked around me. Please do not.
  • Like 2

• Strangers asking me a bunch of personal shit.
  • Strangers confronting me about religious or political shit.
  • Anyone I'm not super close to touching me.
  • Anyone who's pushy about sales. If I politely tell you "No thanks, I'm good," leave me the fuck alone.
  • This goes doubly for those people in the kiosks at malls. Don't fucking chase me down, you terminally dense asshole.
  • Reckless driving.
  • People randomly getting or being naked around me. Please do not.

Good lord I know that feel

Groups of dogs. I'm fine with one or two but if i'm walking through a park or something and they're everywhere i start to get quite uneasy when they get close. Had a dog when i was a kid that ended up attacking my friend in front of me so it probably stems from that. It doesn't help that random dogs always tend to act like my trousers are made of bacon or something.

When talking to someone and they refuse to give me eye contact. I can read a great deal about whether a person is lying to me based upon how they move their eyes and whether they give me eye contact. There are other body language indicators that I look at to evaluate it as well.

When random people I do not know come up to me at furry conventions and just hug me without asking. (It upsets me when wearing a fursuit and my handler does not stop them and ask me for permission first.)

Flying in Planes. Take offs and landings make me want to just climb up the walls of the plane.

Edited by Skylar Husky

-When people in a new relationship start throwing the phrase "I love you" so nonchalantly early on. 
It makes me want to vomit. 

-Lesbian scenes in media. 
I'm honestly not so sure why. I just get uncomfortable seeing them.

-Talking on the phone.
Quick way to an anxiety attack.

-Girl-scouts
Also not sure why.

-Raisin Oatmeal cookies.
The cause of trust issues.

Edited by Vaer
  • Like 1

• Reckless driving.

I hate most of these.

Some lady at a mall kiosk was selling some nail stuff, and she tested it out on my thumb. It looked nice, but I don't buy that kind of stuff.

One of my neighbor's kids screams like a banshee for no apparent reason, it's enough to make you want to move.

I've been cut off in traffic, tailgated, someone didn't leave me room to get on the interstate, and so many assholes turning in the middle of the highway (onto a side street, not randomly), making me stop quickly. And the people who don't use their turn signals, like wtf? And I once saw a guy going about 100 down the interstate.

I hate storms, ice and snow are the worst to drive on and I banged up my car last February because of an icy interstate on ramp. Fog is incredibly annoying and I almost hit a median because the street lamp near it wasn't working. I'm glad I don't have to deal with hail a lot, but it did put dents in my car, a few years before I bought it. Strong wind is annoying, makes me think my car could be pushed off the side of the road or something.

I hate when I don't know if I've struck a good balance between acknowledging someone, and not smothering them with attention or conversation. I also feel bad when I've been socializing with more than one person, and I worry about having given too little attention to someone.

I also hate when I'm out in public and there's someone that I then I have to go out of my way to avoid or ignore, typically because they're trying to sell me something, or rope me into listening to them burble on about their religion. I will cross the street or even go completely around the block to avoid the college kids with the clipboards who want you to sign up for Greenpeace or Feed the Children, because many of them treat getting you to sign up like goddamn high school forensics. "No" means "No," you little shit, and I don't care if my "No" doesn't make logical sense.

(Bonus reason to avoid them: Many of those kids have been unwittingly scammed by an agency posing as an emissary or middleman for some big charitable organization, and the donations never get to the actual organization.)

Edited by Troj