First Time Playing a Game in 9 Years

Sidewalk Surfboard

So, last night, I decided to spend 2 hours downloading the PC version of one of my favorite childhood racing games, Pac-Man World Rally. Mind you, this is the first time I've played this game since 2006. I got a huge nostalgia boner from it, and I really enjoyed it. It holds up as a decent Mario Kart clone to this day. When was the last time you played a childhood game?

It was this summer actually, back in July. Played Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone for PC.

There are shitloads of versions, this is the one > Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosopher's_Stone

I liked it! It was a good nostalgia trip. Wish I had my sister with me to joke about the terrible dubbing haha. I also really liked the soundtrack. Composer's Jeremy Soule, the same guy who made the OST for TES. Here's my favourite track. If you know Soule you won't be disappointed

I hadn't played Spyro 3 for about 10 years until I got theĀ PS1 emulator I downloaded ages ago to finallyĀ work last Friday (mainly because I actuallyĀ got a working controller plugin). I used to play it all the time so it felt really nostalgicĀ when I started again.

The great thing is it actually still holds up as a good game. :)Ā 

I played Duke Nukem 3D for the first time in forever (not a DNF joke, but it could be!) and it really took me back. Especially the Atomic Edition expansion stuff. Used to play that game all the time. Didn't turn me into a gun-wielding blow-up-aholic, but it did sorta ruin my me on any FPS that isn't super fast and exploring-based.

Those 2D "billboard" graphics are pretty funny, but it fits the game's charm. Also jokes from the 90s no one gets anymore but give me a nice nostalgia rush. 'Let's rock.'

• 4 months later...
On 2015-10-13 at 9:55 AM, Amiir said:

It was this summer actually, back in July. Played Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone for PC.

There are shitloads of versions, this is the one > Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosopher's_Stone

I liked it! It was a good nostalgia trip. Wish I had my sister with me to joke about the terrible dubbing haha. I also really liked the soundtrack. Composer's Jeremy Soule, the same guy who made the OST for TES. Here's my favourite track. If you know Soule you won't be disappointed

I hope for EA's sake, that the Sorcerer and Harry got plenty of righteous bonghits eventually! o_o I mean, they were Stoned.

-2Paw.