Final Fantasy

aeroxwolf

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

In term of what?

Gameplay and music

SaGa Frontier is the only SaGa game I've played, but what I liked about it was that you have a bunch of different storylines involving different characters taking place in very different settings. Emelia's story in particular was my favorite. This doesn't look like it'll be anything like that, and the combat system in general seems a far cry from the almost standard turn based battle system that Frontier had.

5 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Gameplay and music

SaGa Frontier is the only SaGa game I've played, but what I liked about it was that you have a bunch of different storylines involving different characters taking place in very different settings. Emelia's story in particular was my favorite. This doesn't look like it'll be anything like that, and the combat system in general seems a far cry from the almost standard turn based battle system that Frontier had.

It's going to be more like Romancing saga for snes

Mobius Final Fantasy is coming to Steam!.....for Japan.

Honestly kinda strange. I suspect an English version announcement coming soon.

I don't know what to think of this as a game either. I like the traditional combat, but I only see one controllable character and no parties. If that's the case I can't imagine the gameplay is very good. Apparently its a freemium phone game originally so I'm not sure how that fares either.

1 hour ago, Battlechili said:

Mobius Final Fantasy is coming to Steam!.....for Japan.

Honestly kinda strange. I suspect an English version announcement coming soon.

I don't know what to think of this as a game either. I like the traditional combat, but I only see one controllable character and no parties. If that's the case I can't imagine the gameplay is very good. Apparently its a freemium phone game originally so I'm not sure how that fares either.

same voice

On 10/10/2016 at 7:20 PM, Battlechili said:

Gameplay and music

Then you haven't played all of the SaGa games then. (Since the games themselves are a challenge.)

I've played the remake of the first romancing saga which is on the PS2. Both Saga Frontier 1&2, Unlimited Saga, and the Final Fantasy Legends 1-3 (Which are the first three saga games for the gameboy..) And i've played their remakes one on wonderswan and the other two on the DS and they completely improved the gameplay greatly.

Oh and romancing saga 2 is on the android since considering it's one of the best games in the trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

K4zBgxh.jpg

Got my copy last night, played through first chapter and just explored a bit. So far it's alright but ehh. Still too early to judge it though. Will play more tonight!

Anyone else buy 15? @yell0wf0x I saw you got a copy, did ya get much farther in it - does it get better overall (story wise mainly)?

8 hours ago, Moogle said:

K4zBgxh.jpg

Got my copy last night, played through first chapter and just explored a bit. So far it's alright but ehh. Still too early to judge it though. Will play more tonight!

Anyone else buy 15? @yell0wf0x I saw you got a copy, did ya get much farther in it - does it get better overall (story wise mainly)?

Finished it already. Story wise, it's good, prolly not my favorite but good enough in my opinion. Exploring the world,  the battles, the side quests, I find them more enjoyable. The bond between the 4 of them is the main selling point tho. The main villain doesn't really surpass previous ones like sephiroth, Kefka,  or Kuja like tabata mentioned. 

That ending scene tho. That was really good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mmmmmffffffggggghhhh! Aaaaahhhhh!

C441lz7WAAAzO_I.jpgC441-rvWYAAKERO.jpg

This kinda departs a bit from them confirming that the combat gameplay will be purely action. I could still see the atb bar and menu based system here. Makes me wonder a bit. Does this mean it's gonna be a faster paced atb system like lightning returns? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So @Imperial Impact was right and its the same Chinese company that did FFX/X-2 HD Remaster that did The Zodiac Age.

The changes seem to be much better than X/X-2 HD on the whole but its not without faults. Here are some picture comparisons between the original game emulated in HD and the remaster. The left is the original game emulated and the right is the remaster:

1ZRuLFY.jpgtDAlXU9.jpg

As you can see, text is higher res and the lighting is better as well as the texture filtering, however there are now black bars on all cutscenes cropping some of the scene, and backgrounds are even more blurry than before. The music changes though are incredible:

Original: 

New:

Anyways, did anyone get it? How are you liking it?

• 1 month later...

BOI

http://store.steampowered.com/app/637650/FINAL_FANTASY_XV_WINDOWS_EDITION/

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/final-fantasy-xv-coming-pc-early-2018

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-4k-trailer-nvidia-gameworks-enhancements

Final Fantasy XV Recommended System Requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.7 GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB System Memory
  • GPU RAM: 11GB Video Memory
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • HDD: 170GB Available hard drive space
  • DX: DirectX 11

Note that this is most likely for running the game at max settings at 4k resolution based on present information. However.

>170GB HDD

So I've been on a FF binge recently? I've been replaying FF9, and I've been playing FF14 and FF15.

FF14 is a neat little MMO. It's creative, does things better than most others I've seen. FF15 I think is absolutely fantastic, but oh my GOD is it short.