who asked for this

Zerig

I suppose I could add more words to the description but the point was to create a forum for discussing cars, oddly enough, motorfurs is a thing and it was suggested. If it isn't desired it can be consigned to the bitbucket.

*shrugs* I get poked if I don't create some area for a topic of discussion and I get poked when I do.

I suppose I could add more words to the description but the point was to create a forum for discussing cars, oddly enough, motorfurs is a thing and it was suggested. If it isn't desired it can be consigned to the bitbucket.

*shrugs* I get poked if I don't create some area for a topic of discussion and I get poked when I do.

It's like being trapped back in the early days of facebook >:

How so? Since I don't use stalkerbook

Poking was this passive-aggressive feature that informed somebody of that thing you both knew was going to be said but went unsaid.

"[Your boss] poked you!" (Your paperwork, pal... it's late...)

"[Your mom] poked you!" (You never visit anymore. Do you still love me?)

"[Your friend] poked you!" (I don't really want anything. I just wanted to annoy you.)

"[Your significant other] poked you!" (SAY HI TO ME INSTEAD OF THE THING YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW)

Edited by Eggdodger

How the shit did you embed that youtube video? I've only done it once and it happened automatically and now it just never does it for me anymore :< 

When you're making a post need to go to the Insert Other Media drop-down box, then select "Insert image from URL". Paste the youtube video link into that, click the "Insert into post" button and then the video will be embedded into the post.

It seems a little counter-intuitive I know, considering it's the insert image option you need to use, but that's the way I've been embedding youtube videos.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a thread for vehicles in general. Here's a picture of my current truck, "The Great White Buffalo." That's my work van in the background, a 2000 E250 with a V6. Yeah.

1997 F250 Heavy Duty, 460/E4OD/4.10 gears. Drinks fuel like  . . . well, you get the idea. $1,600 USD from a tow yard. since then, I replaced the transmission solenoid pack myself, fixed a few vacuum leaks under the hood and added Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires. It now has almost 157K miles. Need to change the rear fuel pump, though. It's going out, allowing cross fueling from the front tank.

And, yes, I have wheeled it. And got stuck. Very stuck as in high centered. Yeah. And needed an assist to get out of the mess I was in. It was fun. Put a gouge in the front fuel tank skid plate.

How about it? Any others brave enough to show a pic or two of their ride?

buffalo_front.JPG

Edited by Kellan Meig'h
Wrong photo with outdated watermark

@Kellan Meig'h Man I miss my dual-tank ride. The Expedition has about the same capacity as the dual-tank F150 did, but there was something just sort of nice about having that setup. Glad to see your Buffalo has the proper mirror mounts for a truck of that class. I'd be curious what tips you can share from your experience chasing the vacuum leaks. The Expy is throwing Bank 1/Bank 2 "too lean" codes, and I'm pretty sure it's due to a vacuum leak of some sort.

@Kellan Meig'h Man I miss my dual-tank ride. The Expedition has about the same capacity as the dual-tank F150 did, but there was something just sort of nice about having that setup. Glad to see your Buffalo has the proper mirror mounts for a truck of that class. I'd be curious what tips you can share from your experience chasing the vacuum leaks. The Expy is throwing Bank 1/Bank 2 "too lean" codes, and I'm pretty sure it's due to a vacuum leak of some sort.

With the Buffalo, it was in those infamous plastic vacuum lines Ford decided was such a good thing. They seem to fracture at tight bends or where the tubing runs close to a hot surface. The rubber or silicone connector boot that goes from tubing to the terminus seem to fare well, though. After finding one serious leak near my AC controls, top passenger side of my firewall, I ended up doing a full tactical exam. There were a few cracked tubes right on top of the intake, under my IAC valve. I actually found a clear fuel tubing meant for chainsaws and such that made a perfect coupler for the broken lines. Five years and counting on the repairs.

Also, as far as Bank1/Bank 2 too lean, check the vacuum tree on the firewall or back of the motor, wherever yours is. Those are known to crack. A good fix for a cracked tree is JB Weld two part epoxy. When the lean codes involve both banks, it will be somewhere up top that's common to both banks, like the IAC sticking open slightly or possibly a vac leak in the PCV system or upper intake. I had a bad front pump that would throw lean codes. It didn't pass muster with a pressure gauge, only giving 35 psi with the vac line to the rail pressure regulator unplugged. Should have given at least 45 psi.

At lease OBDI - OBDII cars are easy to troubleshoot. A tester and a code book or the Intarwebs will glean valuable info concerning what's going on with the powertrain.