Owen Pallett is the best, he plays violin and uses a looping machine

everybody already knows Arcade Fire

The Wooden Sky is a great folk/country band

The Rural Alberta Advantage is a three person band and one of my favorites

I'd also recommend Parlovr

AND DON'T FORGET NICKELBACK AND J BIEBZ :W

TOKYO POLICE CLUB

also how come ou spelled favourite without a U,you fake canadian

When I was a teen, I would visit American populated chatrooms and wanted to be cool like the Americans. Now it's just a force of habit. Also, I originally spelt it "favourite" but my spellcheck underlined it, so I just did it to make it happy. :\

When I was a teen, I would visit American populated chatrooms and wanted to be cool like the Americans. Now it's just a force of habit. Also, I originally spelt it "favourite" but my spellcheck underlined it, so I just did it to make it happy. :\

this has not passed my canadian lie detector test!!! we have a traitor in our midst!! american pigdog!!!!

(im jk)

Hommes sans Chapeau (aka Men Without Hats)
Treble Charger (aka Heaven 17)
Odds
Junk House
The Dyk van Dykes
Pucka Orchestra
Bran Van 300
Plasticene Replicas

I can go on for ever.  Some of the best alternative and punk ever came out of Canada, circa 1995-2005.

I keep trying to but you keep bringing them up

This!

Unless you were born during '75' and have a special affinity for Geddy Lee, most Canadians would rather forget about Rush.  Probably because we're all so sick and damn tired of hearing the same 10 songs over and over and over and over and over and over.....

Good live band tho.

Kim Mitchel would be another one I'm trying to forget.  Although I did get my first blow job with Patio Lanterns playing in the background. B|

Tom Petty is another one of that era.

Edited by Irreverent

Arcade Fire 

I love this band so much. 

Mac Demarco

I've been obsessed with this oddball's music since I found about about him last year. It's so good!

Broken Social Scene

Death From Above 1979

I'm so glad they got back together for another album. This band always gets me excited. Also, just found out they were Canadian.

Crystal Castles

Edited by Luca
added bands

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Canadian music is regularly ossum.

The Leslie Spit Treeo (eventually known as The Spits), which is not a reference to expectoration (local Toronto landmark/geographic area), and the Barenaked Ladies. Moxy Fruvous is cool, tu, but on the vintage side for 2Paw. The Tea Party, OLP, Frontline Assembly and Skinny Puppy I was beaten to, but like no less so! ^_^

As for Rush, I agree with Irreverent in that the band does have about a dozen 'overplay' tracks out of their considerable discography, but most of the ones I can think of I like anyway. There are also tracks I don't ever recall hearing played on local radio, say before 'Roll The Bones (1991)' that I'm very fond of ('Mystic Rhythms' off of 'Power Windows', 'By-Tor & The Snow Dog' (I believe it's from '2112'), as well as better known tracks (per se) that rarely get played because of their length ('YYZ', '2112 Overture'). 'Red Barchetta' is exceptionally well-known, but for all the playspots it gets I've never gotten sick of it (and I have 'Moving Pictures' on vinyl, used, naturally).

-2Paw.

3 hours ago, Johanna Waya said:

10/10 for Neil Young. He is amazing.

What I have heard from Gordon Lightfoot also sounded good.

If you're ever looking to hear more Gordy here's a few of the sorta lesser-known songs I can recommend:
"In My Fashion"
"Race Among the Ruins" 
"Strawberry Wine"
"Circle of Steel"