FUCK THE POLICE

Eggdodger

God, I've met some cops out there that have been really messed up.

One time a cop was 'helping' out my aunt a few years ago, and legit molested her.

For some weird-ass reason she decided to stay in that town until a few months ago when she suicided. A lot of shit happens in my family-.-...

Dude, that's fucked up. The news would have eaten that up. You could have exposed the cops and gotten restitution.

Nice. So, when I deal with police issues, follow and support programs like Cop Block, and use my experience to point out that if you have an organization that is tasked with exercising power, doesn't really answer to anyone, and gets paid regardless of performance - whereby we become the product they make money off of through fines and money forfeitures, instead of us being customers who need protecting - which inevitably attracts the types of psychopaths that want to force people around, and once in large enough concentrations inevitably leads to corruption, with a centuries-long history of police departments in the country growing progressively worse until they have to be shut down and new ones opened, and even dare to suggest that we would be better off with a police that actually gets paid based on performance and relies directly on us to get paid, and even better, to have multiple competing services to choose from so the corrupt one will simply go out of business, I'm branded as a lolbertarian with stupid ideas.

I guess I'm glad people are at least coming around to realizing that authority isn't always something to be respected.