Fighting Games

Lucyfish

I've tried so many out over the years now. I'm kinda just accepting that I'm casual scum who will never be good at traditional fightman games. I was okay at old MK for a while but that's the best I got.

Smash is fun anyway so I can deal with it, but all the others make me feel bad and I stop playing.

I remember tatsunoko for the wii. It was fun. 

I love fighting games. Tekken being my favorite (asuka and kuma!!). But I play the marvel vs Capcom series too. LI've using striDer.  And for umvc3 theres amaterasu and  firebrand and rocker raccoon. Been a fan ever since street fighter back in the day. I also like the variety of fighting games found in arcade places when they were a thing. Ye got samurai showdown, king of fighters, soul caliber, rival schools, and the more obscure ones like power stone (which I really love). 

Bloody roar is great too and it's quite furry. xD

I remember when I went online after getting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom. I went up against a Mega Man who just like combo'd me to death in a few seconds and I was like NOPE

I love fighting games. Tekken being my favorite (asuka and kuma!!). But I play the marvel vs Capcom series too. LI've using striDer.  And for umvc3 theres amaterasu and  firebrand and rocker raccoon. Been a fan ever since street fighter back in the day. I also like the variety of fighting games found in arcade places when they were a thing. Ye got samurai showdown, king of fighters, soul caliber, rival schools, and the more obscure ones like power stone (which I really love). 

I lied. I remember loving Tatsunoko vs Capcom. That was the only exception.

2015-09-08-231545.jpg

We both hahe Tekken for 3DS but we still haven't battled. xD

I love using Lili and Asuka

My lili is Avenger ranked and my asuka is warrior

• 2 weeks later...

People skip over Rivals of Aether because they think it's a bad Smash clone and that makes me sad. It's so different from Smash, unique, and well made. It beats the shit out of other Smash clones. Trash like Smash Flash 2, Brawlhalla, and PS All Stars can't step to Rivals. Hopefully the dev starts promoting it more when it's finished. Getting the 7th character next Thursday, oh boy!

Street Fighter 5 got censored cuz' it had too much ass... xD

From what I understand, it was a camera flub in the footage shown and not actual censorship. But I haven't seen any updates on the matter.

Fighting games can be simultaneously some of the most fun and most frustrating games.  I find if I have a group of friends who are all around similar skill level to each other then entire nights can just disappear passing the controllers around.  Me and my friends had a lot of fun with Blaz Blue and some of the older Soul Calibur games.  However though if even one person is significantly better then the other players I find that the fun just immediately stops.  Also I have never been able to really get the twitch reflexes down to do all the crazy combos and inputs most fighting games ask of their players.

• Like 1

People skip over Rivals of Aether because they think it's a bad Smash clone and that makes me sad. It's so different from Smash, unique, and well made. It beats the shit out of other Smash clones. Trash like Smash Flash 2, Brawlhalla, and PS All Stars can't step to Rivals. Hopefully the dev starts promoting it more when it's finished. Getting the 7th character next Thursday, oh boy!

This looks fun and accessible! If it ever gets out of early access (and a linux port) I'd buy it.

Fighting games can be simultaneously some of the most fun and most frustrating games.  I find if I have a group of friends who are all around similar skill level to each other then entire nights can just disappear passing the controllers around.  Me and my friends had a lot of fun with Blaz Blue and some of the older Soul Calibur games.  However though if even one person is significantly better then the other players I find that the fun just immediately stops.  Also I have never been able to really get the twitch reflexes down to do all the crazy combos and inputs most fighting games ask of their players.

reminds me of the times my friends were playing umvc3. They don't want me to join in cuz I'm too good for them. Lol. We have a blast with tekken and bloody roar tho. And some soul caliber too. 

This looks fun and accessible! If it ever gets out of early access (and a linux port) I'd buy it.

Fun, yes. Accessible? Ffffff...that's debatable. It's basically competitive Melee in a condensed state. The developer paid close attention to the meta of Melee and how it's progressed over the decade in tech so it focuses on the competitive aspect to the 8th degree. That's not a bad thing at all. But it will kick you in the teeth especially if you don't have any prior Melee or even basic competitive Smash experience.

• Like 1

Fun, yes. Accessible? Ffffff...that's debatable. It's basically competitive Melee in a condensed state. The developer paid close attention to the meta of Melee and how it's progressed over the decade in tech so it focuses on the competitive aspect to the 8th degree. That's not a bad thing at all. But it will kick you in the teeth especially if you don't have any prior Melee or even basic competitive Smash experience.

This arouses me so. I was never a pro Melee player, but it's the only fighting game I ever loved. I am willing to learn.

If you want it, it's $15 in early access, and you're in luck because the next character gets added next Thursday. If you get it, I can play with you. I have a meager 35 hours on it, but I'm getting somewhere I'd like to think.

I'd like that. Too many things I have to buy first however, like food. What kind of controller do you play with?

• 4 weeks later...

I like fighting games, but my friends don't have fun playing against me cuz I beat them, so I tend to go for games that have a co-op mode or tag-team ladder. That's why I was so angry when they took the tag-team ladder (and tag team period) out of Mortal Kombat X. It probably had something to do with maintaining high-res graphics on consoles or loading times or something within that vein, because I can't think of another reason to exclude such a feature.

I've been waiting for that since it was first announced. Hell, I believe TxSF was announced first even.

I believe that they were announced in tandem, but Capcom I guess were the ones to actually start working on theirs first.

Unfortunately SFxT turned out to be a major flop due to a bunch of really terrible micromechanics in the game that just made it really not fun to play. It was poorly received by the fighting game community and is now almost completely dead. It barely even survived two years. :c

I don'y know what your trying to say since that Cody is from Alpha 3

I'm saying that weird character designs are nothing new for the series

Cody looked like Billy Lee from Double Dragon with a bowl cut before that, so it's still kinda valid

(also I was joking, I actually like Cody's design in SF)

Edited by Eggdodger