Rant: IMMA KEEL MAHSELF! MAH DISORDER ENTITLES ME TO XY AND Z!

Ratmomma

I've only known two autistic people in person besides (I suspect) my sister's younger brother. They were my room mate and his friend, and they were both awesome. They definitely did not behave like asshats, and what's funny is they were both a whole lot smarter than I am. Also both of them were CS majors. I dunno if there's a correlation there, jesse (room mate) claimed that about a quarter of CS majors were somewhere on the autism spectrum, but he never showed me any study to back that up so take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

The only thing is that I could tell they weren't very socially well adjusted, only because they didn't have terribly many friends, and probably not much of a filter either. Really enjoyed terrible, morbid humor, usually totally deadpan. Your first impression is that they're kind've elitist assholes, but you get over that if you don't have an ego and learn not to take anything they say -too- seriously. Especially since they were smarter than most people and knew it too.

My nephew is apparently severely autistic, having scored a 24 on their scale (apparently 14 is considered severe). He's 2...3yrs old now? He cannot communicate because he can't hear, and his mother isn't exactly well equipped to be dealing with a child that bad off, as she isn't grown up herself. I love my sister, but I don't think it's in his best interest for him to be under her care. If I could take that kid, I would in a heartbeat. She doesn't have a fucking inkling what she's dealing with. He screams and has so many fits, and she doesn't do shit about it and people get mad. He's having fits because he can't communicate, so no one knows what he wants or needs, and she was never good about discipline or establishing any primitive form of sign language. I feel awful for him, and for my sister as well. 

Unfortunately, I cannot express any of that to her, because she's such a goddamn drama queen...that and I haven't spoken to her since she stole my vehicle last spring. tl;dr no legal action can be taken and I didn't fuck up the car because my nephew doesn't deserve the consequences of his mother's actions.

I'm optimistic about it all, though I'm very unsure about my Monday appt. They said it was a "triage" appt, and from what I Googled, I think it's because the ER staff weren't equipped to handle psych cases?

I've been to those... IIRC I talked to some people (although mostly one person) about the usual stuff... what is going on in my life, roughly what my issues are, et cetera. And then from that they arranged another appointment later with a psychiatrist. I think the point is just to figure out who you should be seeing—not the sort of triage where they decide if you can be saved or anything. :P

I've been to those... IIRC I talked to some people (although mostly one person) about the usual stuff... what is going on in my life, roughly what my issues are, et cetera. And then from that they arranged another appointment later with a psychiatrist. I think the point is just to figure out who you should be seeing—not the sort of triage where they decide if you can be saved or anything. :P

Ah, then at least I kinda know what to expect then. I HATE HATE HATE not knowing, even moreso now that I live in a brand new state, new city, and know less than 10 people here (I've lived here for 5 months), and this appt is in the sister city, which I've only been in..twice? @___@

Ah, then at least I kinda know what to expect then. I HATE HATE HATE not knowing, even moreso now that I live in a brand new state, new city, and know less than 10 people here (I've lived here for 5 months), and this appt is in the sister city, which I've only been in..twice? @___@

I mean it's mental health services, so you can safely assume nearly everything is always talking. Sometimes after the talking they suggest you do things, other times they suggest you take things, but mostly it's all talking. In this case to know what your problem is and how urgent it is so they can make the following appointment.

The exception is when you're like my brother and get taken away to a psych ward somewhere, but I think once you get there it's still more talking.

I mean it's mental health services, so you can safely assume nearly everything is always talking. Sometimes after the talking they suggest you do things, other times they suggest you take things, but mostly it's all talking. In this case to know what your problem is and how urgent it is so they can make the following appointment.

The exception is when you're like my brother and get taken away to a psych ward somewhere, but I think once you get there it's still more talking.

At least someone that understands people like myself will be listening and helping me out. I mean I have friends that help me out, and my man, though all but a single one don't understand ANYTHING about what I deal with on a daily basis, or what I do what I do.

I called in sick to work today, and all they fucking cared about was if I could come in tomorrow. Are you shitting me? I was calling from THE EMERGENCY ROOM. I'm tossing around in my mind whether to go to work or not tomorrow, and I'm thinking I probably shouldn't, given what's all happened today...I mean... wouldn't it be better for me to stay at home and rest my mind, away from stressors and jackasses that inevitably show up at least ONCE a day in any retail setting? Then I'd have tomorrow and at least thru Monday, since I've made up my mind I won't go in monday considering it'll take me quite awhile to get to my appt via public transit.

Huh! I hope it goes well, then. I don't know much about the triage process.

Thank you! And I don't either o.0 I've never really even heard of it outside TV.

God, people can be so myopic sometimes.

"Welp, railroad spike went clear through my eye. Can't come in today."

"Will you be in tomorrow, at least? Jimbo's going to the big game, and needs someone to cover his shift."

I know, right? I called in again today and for Monday, and I talked to the store manager rather than my direct manager, because I'm not putting up with more stupid bullshit. At least the store manager was fucking concerned when he learned I called from the ER yesterday.

God, people can be so myopic sometimes.

"Welp, railroad spike went clear through my eye. Can't come in today."

"Will you be in tomorrow, at least? Jimbo's going to the big game, and needs someone to cover his shift."

It gets better when other people get to stay home for a week because they stubbed their toe.

It gets better when other people get to stay home for a week because they stubbed their toe.

Yeahhhhh unless they broke a couple of their toes, fuck that shit.

Though TBH I've broken 3 of my toes over the years, and I get along just fine, albeit hobbling and hurting. Just straight out the toe, tape that sucker up, and be on your merry way.

Well, at least somebody has a brain where you work--and as a bonus, they're the manager of your idiot manager!

LOL! Though I do wish I worked with more women. I work exclusively with men, and so I really don't have anyone to connect with (I've always had issues connecting with the opposite sex, probably because I was raised  by my mother and was around females 97% of the time, not to mention my having been sexually assaulted in 2012 (ain't got to no problems talking about that, because that sack of shit should be dragged thru rusty razor blades at any appropriate time)). AT LEAST THE WOMEN WOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH MY BEING UNABLE TO WORK >:U