Video game music

yell0wf0x

• 2 weeks later...

So i loaded up Fistful of Frags for the first time last night and was immediately greeted with this piece of music.

Not only does this have a fantastic groove (love that bassline) but it somehow managed to remind me of the music from the Way of the Samurai games. In short, it's awesome.

SWAT 4 is a really good game. I can excuse the AI considering the game's over 10 years now and the premise was something really cool (and when they do what you tell them to, it works out fine). I wish I knew of another game like it.

The music is really good. I always love games with dynamic soundtracks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jenova's theme has always been one of my favourite ost's out of all the FF games, but DAMN this guy made such a kickass version. His whole FFVI remastered album is brilliant too. URG, so good.

Edited by Moogle
Wrong link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

>when bad games have good music

Hearing this song play right when the strongest enemy in the universe is at your gates and you're panicked, about to abandon all hope only to be able to motivate yourself and muster up whatever power you can to strike it down is amazing.

If only the gameplay itself wasn't terrible.

I've never played either of these games but apparently they're composed by Yuzo Koshiro, the 7th Dragon and Etrian Odyssey composer. And man, these sound FANTASTIC. Makes me wanna play the games and I'm not even big into racing games.

• 3 weeks later...